Sign in to follow this  
simtom

Help needed with installing AI Traffic

Hello,

When I was using FSX: SE as my primary simulator I used WOAI for AI Traffic. Last June I switched to P3D v4 and I just copied everything from WOAI to P3D. Most of the models worked fine but there were a couple who didn't work that good (black planes, no landing gear, planes disappearing, ...).

A solution to this is to download the updated models from AIG but I didn't want to fiddle to much with that. I've already learned to use AIFP but I'm still using outdated models. What I tried to do is using the Orbx models from their FTX AU AI Pack, since they're updated to work with v4.  

But is doesn't seem to work perfectly, I assigned British Airways to those models and now I don't see any AI airplanes (at EGLL for example). Are those models somehow restricted to the AU region or am I missing something?

Is there any other way to install AI Traffic (without using the payware products)? Or can someone help me with the transition from FSX to P3D?

Thanks!

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

If you don't want to fiddle with the models,then you could try Ultimate traffic live. It's still in beta but works ok. Although it is payware

However I would encourage you to fiddle as most of the models have been updated to work with p3dv4,there's still a few to be done but most of the big stuff now works in v4 I would check out the aig website and check the updated models 

This is the way i do it and works fine for me

Pete Little

8 minutes ago, mazelda said:

If you don't want to fiddle with the models,then you could try Ultimate traffic live. It's still in beta but works ok. Although it is payware

However I would encourage you to fiddle as most of the models have been updated to work with p3dv4,there's still a few to be done but most of the big stuff now works in v4 I would check out the aig website and check the updated models 

Okay, I'll try it and see how it works out.

Good advice mazelda. I was thinking of getting UTL I've heard good things about it, will look into it some more before opening my wallet... :happy:

UTL will not disappoint you if what you want is a quick install and run your AI.

I although it is beta I don't have any problems with it, in fact I used it as a model for the creation of my AI lights Reborn freeware edition and now I am using it for the professional edition.

Best regards,

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your input simbol, just one more question if you don't mind, how does it affect frame rates. Either way I'm leaning towards UTL sounds promising and still in beta can only get better. Thank you.

It seems like the models from FAIB are the most easy to install, just copy the folder to P3D. What will be difficult is changing the SoundAI file for each model.

The TFS models are also harder to install because you have to copy the .dds individually, or am I not using the correct files?

Also, where can I find some of the lesser used or newer aircrafts (like 787, CRJ, ATR, Embraer, ...)?

I think i should add about UT live at the moment ,they are using a lot of older models and some very old paints.

The only way i believe that you can use newer paints at the moment is to change the model used , as you can't just update the paints on their models.

This would then bring you back to using aig if you want the latest paints

Pete Little

11 minutes ago, Wingloader said:

Thanks for your input simbol, just one more question if you don't mind, how does it affect frame rates. Either way I'm leaning towards UTL sounds promising and still in beta can only get better. Thank you.

With the current UTL build you can control how much FPS you want, so it removes or add traffic levels dynamically to help you keep your performance.

I run it without restrictions because my own software development requirements (I need to see as much traffic as possible to test my lights), I load a heavy airport like EDDF or EHAM ( payware airports) and I get 30 to 50fps without trouble.

With the PMDG I run a stable 30 to 35 fps.

The only problem with the current build is that during the first launch it will overload your system a bit because it loads all the planes at the gate and it forces the gates to attach to the planes, this cause an initial hit on FPS but after 30 seconds all goes back to normal.

Best regards 

Simbol 

Most of the models can be found here on avsim  or details here

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=25472.0

The a330 has been updated and the a340 600 works now 

The dds files dont take too long and instructions are given in the updates .remember you are updating the fs9 model in most cases ,so you will need to have that already installed.

Never had any issues with rhe sound files 

• Upvote 1

Pete Little

Thanks again simbol + mazelda will definitely take a look. Sounds good just what I'm after. Cheers :biggrin:

29 minutes ago, mazelda said:

Most of the models can be found here on avsim  or details here

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=25472.0

The a330 has been updated and the a340 600 works now 

The dds files dont take too long and instructions are given in the updates .remember you are updating the fs9 model in most cases ,so you will need to have that already installed.

Never had any issues with rhe sound files 

FS9 models? I only downloaded the ones from AIG, or I could use the ones from WOAI?

3 minutes ago, simtom said:

FS9 models? I only downloaded the ones from AIG, or I could use the ones from WOAI?

If you want to go this route I would recommend AIG.

Check their forums, they keep converting lots of models for PDV4 

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

And what about the models by Orbx? Or are they completely different?

1 hour ago, mazelda said:

Bought UTL a few weeks ago and love it. Install it and you're done. Well, at least that's the case for me: I don't care too much for accurate models, I just want my airports to be populated. And boy, are they populated. Even very small strips can have GA traffic. And the big airports look awesome with all those planes. Default ATC is also a blast to listen to during my VRF flights. And what surprosed me most is performance: I tried other traffic addons in the past and always stopped using them because they brought fps down. Now maybe this also has to do with P3D v4 but I don't seem to notice any effect on performance of the AI. It's great.

Only thing I don't like is the Flight1 install procedure which can be a bit complicated with the various folders you have to select and I absolutely hate it how the installer installs a folder into your root drive anyway and that you can't move or it. But that's not UTL's fault.