Sign in to follow this  
simtom

Help needed with installing AI Traffic

Some models require you to copy certain files to the respective texture folder of the engine model. This can only be done after you've installed some liveries right? Also, some packages say that you don't need to install the Alpha files if you're using v4. Is this correct?

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Bought UTL a few weeks ago and love it. Install it and you're done. Well, at least that's the case for me: I don't care too much for accurate models, I just want my airports to be populated. And boy, are they populated. Even very small strips can have GA traffic. And the big airports look awesome with all those planes. Default ATC is also a blast to listen to during my VRF flights. And what surprosed me most is performance: I tried other traffic addons in the past and always stopped using them because they brought fps down. Now maybe this also has to do with P3D v4 but I don't seem to notice any effect on performance of the AI. It's great.

A big Plus 1 !

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Hi There

I have a slightly different problem

I have just upgraded to the latest P3Dv4 version and cannot see any AI Aircraft,

The AI Aircraft were in my SimObjects/Airplanes folder and the Traffic files in the Scenery/World/scenery folder.

I have now moved my AI Aircraft to the a separate folder in the SimObjects folder and moved all the Traffic files to separate folder in the Main Scenery folder of P3Dv4. Then added these locations to my scenery.cfg file I also added a reference to the AIAircraft in the simobjects.cfg file.

Still no success - it all worked well in the previous version of P3Dv4

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Hans

I've been having some problems with installing the 757-200 and -300 models. They simply don't show up. The 777 models are black.

Pricing aside, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using UTL?

@J van E, you said that the models aren't that accurate, is it that "worse"?

Quite a hard one to say.

I have both the757's and the 777's all working fine in p3dv4.1 

I'm not at my pc just now but from memory i think i used the aig 757's and the tfs 777 and then followed the instructions on how to make them v4 compatable.

The only other things that might be causing an issue is your cfg file for the ai models if there is a problem in numbering or not pointing to the correct texture.This can cause either black textures or not showing up at all.

I until recently had a copy of  p3dv3 running to check if the models would show up in that, and then if they did not show in p3dv4 it was a model problem that needed attention.If they don't show in either sim then likely to be an issue with the model.cfg file as explined above.

Although i have UT live, i uninstalled it for now, as i much prefer my setup and models.A i use one set of models that all work in fsx,p3dv3 and p3dv4 saving masses of space

The main advantage i suppose is that its easy to setup and populate your airports. But the same can be achieved  for free but requires a bit of work

Pete Little

I managed to fix the 757 and 777 models but now I'm having issues with the 767. The weird thing is tough that some liveries do work with the model while others do not. For example, Icelandair's 767's are displaying fine but Delta's 767's are black. I'll try to use the AI Aardvark model instead of the Orbx model.

Also, the lights of AI aircraft are way too big/bright. Any fix for that?

Check that your AI planes has the required radio section under . CFG.

UTL models are very beautiful, very well done, what people is claiming is that there are some repaints are missing, but this is still on beta, when have you seen modelers building repaints for a beta?

That video shows AI traffic from UTL so you can see them.

Simbol 

6 minutes ago, simtom said:

Also, the lights of AI aircraft are way too big/bright. Any fix for that?

Yes, use my fix! www.fsreborn.com, the video above shows them working on minute 12:22

Simbol

• Upvote 1

Slowly but steady I'm getting the models to work. Now the A380 is giving me some troubles, I first installed the base model (TFS) and then installed the converted model from AIG. I then installed some Emirates liveries but the aircraft just shows up in black and doesn't seem to have any flight dynamics: it just falls out of the sky with the gear down. 

Any clues on what might be happening here?

Make sure that the name of the .AIR file matches the sim= statement in aircraft.cfg.

Also make sure that you haven't mixed up TFS and FSPX models. The community is trending towards FAIB and FSPX models in newer flight schedules. 

10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Make sure that the name of the .AIR file matches the sim= statement in aircraft.cfg.

Yes, it's matching.

10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The community is trending towards FAIB and FSPX models in newer flight schedules.

FSPX models are payware, right?

Yes they are but very good their 787 and a350 models though are free and available in the avsim downloads

Pete Little

23 hours ago, simtom said:

But is doesn't seem to work perfectly, I assigned British Airways to those models and now I don't see any AI airplanes (at EGLL for example). Are those models somehow restricted to the AU region or am I missing something?

I think the ORBX control panel advises that AI Traffic only covers International traffic in OZ n NZ so yes you are right it probably wont work well OS.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server