Sign in to follow this  
busychild

FS Labs A320 for P3D v4

UPDATE: There is an initialisation sequencing issue with FSLabs A320 v2 which is stopping LINDA LUA startup working correctly. I have spent a number of hours trying to isolate the cause but I have no answers at present.

In the meantime, start P3Dv4.1 with a default or A2A training aircraft first and when LINDA READY load A320X.

Anyone having issues with this workaround should follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure thread and send me the files stating this is the case.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello everybody,

is there anybody oustside who developes a new module for the new Airbus from FS Labs?

Cheers

Charly

Hi Charly

You will a module for the FSLabs A320X under the Download sub-forum. It is only issues as a beta due to the lack of a SDK from FSLabs. It will operate most buttons, switches and knobs except a number of 'flat' buttons (like Master Warning/Caution). There is no way at present read and display data on the FCU.

Additionally, if you read the Support sub-forum on the subject, you will the recommendation to load P3Dv4.1 using a default aircraft before loading A320X. Otherwise, LINDA fails to work correctly.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

thank you for the info about v4.1.

I tried the beta Modul, but it doesnt work. So I will try to load a default and then the a320x aircraft. 

cheers

Charly

It does work. As I said start P3D4.1 with a default aircraft and then and only then select the A320X. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

3 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

It does work. As I said start P3D4.1 with a default aircraft and then and only then select the A320X. 

I copy on the workaround. One question, does the workaround require the beta file you posted previously on this thread or just the latest release?

Eric 

hi Eric, Yes. I suggest you do use the beta previous posted above and the workaround. The A320X is corrupting LINDA when you start P3Dv41 with A320X as your default configuration. I don’t have a full solution yet.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

3 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Perfect! It works!

Thank you very much Andrew

• Upvote 1

I have it working by loading up a default aircraft first then selecting the A320X, but what I notice is that the autopilot displays on the VRinsight panel do not match the display in the sim, do you know if there is a fix for this or if there is a fix being worked on?

Cheers

Marcus H

Hi Marcus

This is still work in progress for this beta version. Are you using the VRi Combo FCU Airbus panel by chance?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Marcus

This is still work in progress for this beta version. Are you using the VRi Combo FCU Airbus panel by chance?

Thanks for the update. Yes it is the VRi Combo FCU Airbus panel.

Cheers

Marcus H

Hi Marcus

In the absence of a SDK for the A320X it is not possible to read and set the AP data on the FCU. I was doing some experimenting with the VRi FCU Airbus code to see it I could predict and mirror the FCU displays. It did not work. When I get the chance I will change it to display aircraft speed/heading/altitude/VS so at least it displays something useful.

I have found today that the radio and transponder FCU inputs work correctly with VATSIM using vpilot although the radio standby frequency and squark code does not chance in the A320X cockpit. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

UPDATE: Real world work has prevented me doing any further investigation into the FSLabs A320X initialisation problems with LINDA.

The workaround remains starting P3Dv4.1 with a default aircraft (ie. B58) as the default scenario and then selecting the A320X as an aircraft or loading a scenario with A320X. It should be possible to reload any manual or auto saved scenario. 

Additionally, carrying out a LINDA Reload LUA Engine (or CTRL+ALT+R) will cause the same initialise issue. Only closing and restarting P4Dv4.1 in the above workaround sequence will recover your A320X flying.

Enquiries on the FSLabs forum give no forecast when they will release the SDK to enable additional functionality to added to the LINDA module. There is currently no know way of operating the 'flat' buttons (like Master Warning/Caution) or reading/writing the FCU display data.

It will be another week before I will free time to investigate further. Your patience is appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I think I have cracked it. It was all due to the new P3Dv4 add-on file locations used by FSLabs and A2A (but not Majestic and PMDG). I won't get too technical but the change in addressing caused LINDA to fail to read the aircraft modules and library modules correctly. It could never find the loaded aircraft and defaulted to the FSX Default configuration.

Please try this beta build. It should work for all aircraft startup default scenarios, scenario reloads, aircraft vehicle changes and Restart LUA Engines. Report your results and any issues here.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

57 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

I think I have cracked it. It was all due to the new P3Dv4 add-on file locations used by FSLabs and A2A (but not Majestic and PMDG). I won't get too technical but the change in addressing caused LINDA to fail to read the aircraft modules and library modules correctly. It could never find the loaded aircraft and defaulted to the FSX Default configuration.

Please try this beta build. It should work for all aircraft startup default scenarios, scenario reloads, aircraft vehicle changes and Restart LUA Engines. Report your results and any issues here.

Wow, awesome work, will try it soon.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000