Sign in to follow this  
MIQUEL_7

PMDG 737 Startup problem FS2Crew

Hello guys, 

I have a little problem with my NGX, whenever I startup my aircraft (I use FS2Crew for the NGX) but I don't know if that is related to that, everything goes fine untill the pushback, I always put on before pushback the APU... then when the APU is available I switch on the 2 switches on the overhead APU and remove the ground connections, 

after that I push back start engine 2 that works ALWAYS fine but then now it comes, when I start engine 1 the engine fails... always... and then I have to set the panel state to default and reset everything again... 

How come it happends with that? 

Can someone help me please, I'd be grateful to you. 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

5 hours ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

after that I push back start engine 2 that works ALWAYS fine but then now it comes, when I start engine 1 the engine fails

Full names on all posts here please.

You didn't mention your packs, and "the engine fails" is not an adequate description of your problem. Is engine 1 spinning up?  At what N2 do you turn on the fuel? What happens after that?

Dan Downs KCRP

23 hours ago, downscc said:

Full names on all posts here please.

You didn't mention your packs, and "the engine fails" is not an adequate description of your problem. Is engine 1 spinning up?  At what N2 do you turn on the fuel? What happens after that?

Hello, thanks for replying me, 

I have uploaded a YouTube video in private to share with you how I startup my NGX with FS2Crew all the time now don't mind the background talking, I was watching/lurking a stream on Twitch also sorry for that, I hope that you can explain me with the video. 

I'm hoping to get a fast reply thanks in advance. 

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JzMZfXaxu4&feature=youtu.be

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

3 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

I'm hoping to get a fast reply thanks in advance. 

Please note PMDG forum rules require our full names on all posts here. It not something I made up.

Sorry, I am not going to watch a video when you could simply answer the questions or explain what happens.  Maybe someone else will be interested in doing that and then ask you more questions after watching it and we'll see how long this lasts.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 minute ago, downscc said:

Please note PMDG forum rules require our full names on all posts here. It not something I made up.

Sorry, I am not going to watch a video when you could simply answer the questions or explain what happens.  Maybe someone else will be interested in doing that and then ask you more questions after watching it and we'll see how long this lasts.

Okay, I'm sorry, I quit don't understand by "requiring full names" 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

6 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

6 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

You need to sign your post with your real name first and last. You can either do it in each post or like most of us do it in their signatures 

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Just now, Olympic260 said:

You need to sign your post with your real name first and last. You can either do it in each post or like most of us do it in their signatures 

Okay, here it is, my real name is Miguel Pappijn & I live in Belgium, Europe, can you guys now help me further please? 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

14 minutes ago, downscc said:

Now, I signed up with my name, you can see that now in the signature... I have read the post on the rules. 

Help would be appreciated now please. 

Thanks in advance

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

1 minute ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

Help would be appreciated now please. 

When I click on the link to your video it says not available.  Let me stress that I do not like watching videos, I would be glad to help you if you took the time to explain what happens to engine 1 when you try to start it.  I had at least three specific questions on that that you could answer as a start, and provided anything else about this that might help someone not looking over your shoulder understand. is this a new problem?

Dan Downs KCRP

6 minutes ago, downscc said:

When I click on the link to your video it says not available.  Let me stress that I do not like watching videos, I would be glad to help you if you took the time to explain what happens to engine 1 when you try to start it.  I had at least three specific questions on that that you could answer as a start, and provided anything else about this that might help someone not looking over your shoulder understand. is this a new problem?

Sorry, because it was on private... I set it to public now... sorry here is the link: 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

I had a look an stopped when I found this to be a 12 min movie... I am sorry, I am not going to watch a 12 min movie when you could spend 5 min explaining your problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 minutes ago, downscc said:

I had a look an stopped when I found this to be a 12 min movie... I am sorry, I am not going to watch a 12 min movie when you could spend 5 min explaining your problem.

I can't explain it diffrently... this is the best method, around minute 10 the pushback begins and the fail also... please have a look 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

You have not waited until engine 1 has started before triggering the flap command. The APU bleed is then off and the cross valve closed, air pressure for start is lost.

You are going through the flows to quickly.

1 hour ago, srcooke said:

You have not waited until engine 1 has started before triggering the flap command. The APU bleed is then off and the cross valve closed, air pressure for start is lost.

You are going through the flows to quickly.

Hello, thanks for your reply, so what do you mean, like I always trigger the flap when on the lower display you see the power is going up when starting engine #1 when that is at around 25, I put in the fuel; trigger the flap, or is that wrong? 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

1 minute ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

I always trigger the flap when on the lower display you see the power is going up

At that point the engine is not running, wait at least until the starter on the overhead cuts out.