Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

Simaddons Indian summer sale

Simaddons has a sale at the moment, up to 50% off on some Canadian scenery bundles for both P3D and FSX

www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_purchase1.htm

• Upvote 1

Seems interesting, but the price is huge. How is the quality of these sceneries for P3Dv4 specifically ?

Michel

29 minutes ago, LevMike said:

price is huge

Agree. Guess, I'll pass.

Hum, unfortunately or fortunately, this gus made a lot of interesting scene for Canada which I came from.

So, anyone have them in p3dv4 ?

I think I have most of Ralph's scenery in P3D v4. I give him credit for providing scenery for a country that has long been overlooked by other flight sim developers. Until a few years ago, Simaddons was the only developer who offered any serious scenery for Canada. The quality of his scenery may not be at the level of FlyTampa or FlightBeam, but it is much better than default airports, and his customer support is second-to-none. If you fly a lot in Canada, his work is still the way to get the most out of it.

Peter

Wow, I kept looking for the sale prices when I realized... those ARE the sale prices. Too high for me.

- Aaron

I’ve been using SimAddOn products for years. Quality is very good. I’m running them in P3dV3 & 4. Never an OOM issue. Effect, if any, on frame rates is negligible. After sales service if required is excellent. Overall this is an excellent product and will be money well spent.

Dave

I have most of his airports too and I agree the quality and performance of these is good. I note however that once again the sale prices just seems to apply to the packs with nothing at all off any individual airports so customers who have bought many of the Simaddons airports over the years don't gain anything from this sale.

Bill

Can someone post some picture or video of these? I love the idea of having some more places to fly in Canada, but to be honest the pictures on the site look...not so great at any price, let alone at what works out to 65 euros minimum (on sale!). That said, I know for example UK2000 airports are infinitely better than they look on their product pages. So I'd love to see some user shots.

James

P3Dv4 airport pack ~ 77 USD on sale.  There's one airport I want (CYYT) as it is my usual trans-Atlantic refuel spot.  Very tempted but maybe a little too steep for me.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

On 10/21/2017 at 7:46 AM, LevMike said:

Hum, unfortunately or fortunately, this gus made a lot of interesting scene for Canada which I came from.

So, anyone have them in p3dv4 ?

I have everyone of SimAddons airports, and they are just excellent.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I personally bought, some time back, all the airports and have them successfully installed into P3DV4.

I think you guys might be looking at this all wrong. How much would you pay for an individual airport, $10., $15, $20 or more.

In most cases you are buying a huge suite of airports, average cost $10. If you are interested in Canada flying, these are the sets to buy.

Most folks look at one price at a time in simming. I have spent many $1000s for addons, usually one at a time.  But if you were to ask me if I would buy the whole lot at once for $2000 or $3000 I would fall flat on my face.

So it is up to you. Personally I love flying into Ralphs creations. Lots of animation, de icing machines for winter. Easy on frames.

Near CAM3

On 10/25/2017 at 8:44 AM, honanhal said:

Can someone post some picture or video of these? I love the idea of having some more places to fly in Canada, but to be honest the pictures on the site look...not so great at any price, let alone at what works out to 65 euros minimum (on sale!). That said, I know for example UK2000 airports are infinitely better than they look on their product pages. So I'd love to see some user shots.

James

There are lots of pictures and a few movies on the site.

Click on Addons, the scroll down to the individual airports there is a link on each PICTURES, go there. There are plenty. Perhaps that is what you are referring to....remember these are not FSDT or Aerosoft mega airports that bring your system to its knees. So it depends what you are looking for. Personally I like them for the price per airport.

Although, if you are interested there are a couple through XpressSim Scenery Solutions for $5 say for Thunder Bay and for St Johns I think that are really good deals, which I also bought.

I really like the actual marshals directing you to the gates and the signs that advise you.

Near CAM3