Sign in to follow this  
Vargveum

FSLabs A320 wrecked my P3D?

So, I installed the A320 on P3D v4.1 and all of a sudden the sim is lagging every few seconds. Basically unflyable.

This is regardless of which aircraft I am using and how much I fiddle with the graphics settings. Before I installed FSLabs, the sim was really smooth. I've uninstalled the bus and the spotlights, but the problem persists. Any one else noticed something similar? 

I don't own the FSLabs A320 myself, but as I understand it, it's only for P3D v4.1, so if you use it in P3d v4.0, could that be the problem you have?

<sorry, just noticed that you mention it's with every aircraft you use, so ignore the above please :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Did you wipe all traces?

I wonder if its only due to spotlights. Its hard for people to admit their >135 $$ addon is anything less than perfect, so i hope you get some straight answers on this.

Edit: try delete the p3d.cfg maybe?

Edited by sparkie66

-Roland

Roland, thanks.

Little sunday morning update;  I deleted shaders, cfg, reinstalled nvidia driver, reinstalled client, content etc. Finally ended up wiping P3D completely. Just reinstalled this morning but the results were the same with huge stutters and everything default. 

Finally, in a moment of desperation, I took out the vacuum cleaner and went to work inside the cabinet... And lo and behold... Smooth as butter again and we're back in business as far as I can tell.  

Feel a little bad for questioning FSL but that install was the only thing that corresponded perfectly with this issue.  

So there you have it. Just get rid of the dust! :) 

Did you follow the instructions guide pdf, and add the exclusions on your anti-virus software?
What are your system specs?

What OS. What A.V?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

18 minutes ago, Vargveum said:

Roland, thanks.

Little sunday morning update;  I deleted shaders, cfg, reinstalled nvidia driver, reinstalled client, content etc. Finally ended up wiping P3D completely. Just reinstalled this morning but the results were the same with huge stutters and everything default. 

Finally, in a moment of desperation, I took out the vacuum cleaner and went to work inside the cabinet... And lo and behold... Smooth as butter again and we're back in business as far as I can tell.  

Feel a little bad for questioning FSL but that install was the only thing that corresponded perfectly with this issue.  

So there you have it. Just get rid of the dust! :) 

Lol. Good to hear! I always keep a can of compressed air close, for the occasional spray. 

Pc's can be vacuum cleaners, collecting a ton of dust.

Edit: to add to what jude mentioned. I personally just completely disable av when simming and enable again after. Avs can cause stutters also

-Roland

Jude, thanks for your input. Yes, I have AV off for the applicable folders. Actually flew the bus a couple of times with no issues before, apparently, dust put an end to the fun.  FSLA320 is aquitted from my point of view now.

So your Dust wrecked your P3D, not FSL A320 

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, sparkie66 said:

Its hard for people to admit their >135 $$ addon is anything less than perfect

Why would it be? If people pay more they expect higher quality. 

Or are you just too poor? I don’t understand those types of comments towards people who buy a certain addon -.-

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Why would it be? If people pay more they expect higher quality. 

Or are you just too poor? I don’t understand those types of comments towards people who buy a certain addon -.-

Even a $1000 add on will have trouble performing if you don't invest in hardware. It's a sad reality but a reality never the less. Some people forget that without a great system and proper hardware and maintenance it simply will not matter how good or bad your add on is you will have issues within the experience. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

So your Dust wrecked your P3D, not FSL A320 

Yes, I'd say so! (well, unless I knocked something into place up in there)