Sign in to follow this  
Mikeiavelli

Reinstall UT2 without losing liveries

I posed this question on the UT forum last moth and received no response. Hope someone here has done this.

I need to reinstall UT2 as the program won't open anymore but teaffic still works in FSX. Is there an easy way to save my liveries that I have spent hours adding to the program. I assume if I save a backup of my UT2TRAFFIC folder that contains all the models and repaints I can just overwrite the folder when it is reinstalled. Will I then have to systematically use the program again to assign the repaints? Or is there a simpler method to this. Obviously this is quicker than download all the models and repaints again...editing cfg files and all that...but going through and reassigning all the models again is something I am dreading as well.

It's been several years since I had to install UT2 on a new computer but to save all my repaints I had to go to my Name/AppData/Roaming/Flight One Software/Ultimate Traffic 2 folder and copy & save the UT2interface.db file along with all my Databases then reinstall UT2 and move all those files back to their original folders.

Note: this will only work as long as you keep the same UT2 flight schedule.  I recently updated to their latest 2016 schedule and had to reassign most of my repaints.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Simply copy all ai aircraft to anouther folder on another drive, re-install UT2 delete the ai aircraft UT2 installs, ccopy back your copy of the ai aircraft back to the original folder

2 hours ago, northtexas said:

It's been several years since I had to install UT2 on a new computer but to save all my repaints I had to go to my Name/AppData/Roaming/Flight One Software/Ultimate Traffic 2 folder and copy & save the UT2interface.db file along with all my Databases then reinstall UT2 and move all those files back to their original folders.

Note: this will only work as long as you keep the same UT2 flight schedule.  I recently updated to their latest 2016 schedule and had to reassign most of my repaints.

I have updated to 2016 schedule as well. Is there something I will have to do after reinstalling UT2 and placing the backup folder of aircraft in UT folder? I don't recall ever making databases of anything. I have only gone into UT2 to assign repaints to the different airlines and aircraft in that airline. I never used power pack for anything and have only paid to have the latest 2016 schedule which I installed however the company told me to install after purchase. If I changed the repaint assignments that way will there be any other .dB files I will have to copy other than the ut2interface? Souls I make copies of any and all .dB files in any and all UT2 folders or in the fsx root folder?

The data bases for the GA and airline schedules are in one of the hidden folders if I recall. But you can back up the databases and drop them back in after the reinstall. They are what contain your liverly assignments.

Im not at my computer otherwise I'd give you the exact location to find the DB files.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The databases are located in the Name/AppData/Roaming/Flight One Software/Ultimate Traffic 2 folder and all your repaints are included in the UT2Daily_Official.db & UT2Weekly_Official.db files.  If you have only assigned paints to UT2 aircraft then follow fracair's suggestion "copy all the ai aircraft to another folder or another drive, re-install UT2, delete the ai aircraft UT2 installs, copy back your copy of the ai aircraft back to the original folder"

I had to reassign my repaints because I had upgraded from a 2014 to a 2016 schedule so that shouldn't affect you. 

You will still need to make copies of and save the following files before uninstalling:

UT2Daily_Official.db     Name/AppData/Roaming/Flight One Software/Ultimate Traffic 2 /Databases

UT2Weekly_Official.db     Name/AppData/Roaming/Flight One Software/Ultimate Traffic 2/Databases

UT2interface.db     Name/AppData/Roaming/Flight One Software/Ultimate Traffic 2    (This file gets updated every time you use UT2)  

UT2 Aircraft     FSX/SimObjects/

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Okay thank you all for the input. I am going to try all the advice in the next few days and let you know how it turns out. Glad the community is there to help...unlike flight1