Sign in to follow this  
arnava1304

P3D v4.1 physics issue

Hi All,

I've been off simming for a while and as I just got back from boarding school for October break, I just updated to 4.1. Of course, she doesn't work right. I have a wierd issue with the physics in the sim that even when I have full control deflection, all aircraft pitch, roll and yaw excruciatingly slow. It isn't a controls issue, when I go into the PMDG 737 SYS EICAS page, the flight controls display show full deflection. Despite this, the aircraft behaves as if I am on 1/4 deflection. This happens on every aircraft, even default. I have ASP4 installed, but it happens even when it isn't running.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Arnav

Have you tried calibrating your controls with FSUIPC ?  

Hi Tony,

9 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Have you tried calibrating your controls with FSUIPC ?  

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did, and all my axes go direct through FSUIPC calibration.

Have you still got your axes enabled in the default sim 'controls' section?

If so, might be the reason, calibration conflicts between FSUIPC and P3D.

Hope this helps

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Yes,  try disabling the controllers in P3D setup.  I do and have all axis setup in FSUIPC.

4 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Yes,  try disabling the controllers in P3D setup.  I do and have all axis setup in FSUIPC.

Yup, already did.

Check that you are running in real time not slow time. Try hitting R++ ( R key once and PLUS key twice) - you should see 4x in upper right corner. Then hit R-- (R key once and MINUS key twice) to bring you back to normal speed.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Check that you are running in real time not slow time. Try hitting R++ ( R key once and PLUS key twice) - you should see 4x in upper right corner. Then hit R-- (R key once and MINUS key twice) to bring you back to normal speed.

Vic

will try soon

Are you using the most recent version of FSUIPC 5.121b?

9 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Are you using the most recent version of FSUIPC 5.121b?

Yup

Try renaming FSUIPC5.ini. Let FSUIPC rebuild the file. All your joystick settings will be lost. Run P3D4. In FSUIPC, try calibrating the axes that were problematic.

If they now work, great. You can either add back all other joystick settings via the FSUIPC UI or try using a text editor to copy the relevant lines from the renamed version of FSUIPC5.ini.

If this doesn't work your other option is to contact Pete Dowson via the official FSUIPC forum.

Even though you've disabled controllers in the P3D4 UI, I would also make sure that the mode is set to DirectInput and not Raw Input. For some setups, the latter mode may introduce hardware issues with both the mouse and joysticks.

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Try renaming FSUIPC5.ini. Let FSUIPC rebuild the file. All your joystick settings will be lost. Run P3D4. In FSUIPC, try calibrating the axes that were problematic.

If they now work, great. You can either add back all other joystick settings via the FSUIPC UI or try using a text editor to copy the relevant lines from the renamed version of FSUIPC5.ini.

If this doesn't work your other option is to contact Pete Dowson via the official FSUIPC forum.

Even though you've disabled controllers in the P3D4 UI, I would also make sure that the mode is set to DirectInput and not Raw Input. For some setups, the latter mode may introduce hardware issues with both the mouse and joysticks.

thanks anyways, but ezdok is the issue. not controls.

49 minutes ago, arnava1304 said:

thanks anyways, but ezdok is the issue. not controls.

What ezok version do you have? The latest is 2.5 build 21 which is for p3d4.1