Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ariel

C411 with GTN750 - No Comm 2 radio?

4 posts in this topic

I recently installed the C411 in P3Dv4 with the F1 GTN 750 in the provided GTN/Radar version.  I don't have the additional weather radar from Milviz, so the radar in my panel is a non-functioning dummy.  All seemed good, but on a flight I suddenly realised that I didn't have a Comm 2 radio tuner (or Nav 2, for that matter)! 

Watching the FSW intro systems video (showing the GNS cockpit), I saw that there was a Comm 2 radio immediately below the weather radar.   Surely I don't have to buy the weather radar to get a Comm 2 radio..?

Am I missing something here?  To fly realistically I need a Comm 2.

Apart from this, the plane is really good to fly.

Graham

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Graham,

I assume you are talking about the C441 (not C411). I don't have P3D, but in FSX directly below the GTN750 I have an ADF radio, a DME unit, and then a Com2/Nav2 radio pair in that order. Note there is an 11Sept'17 patch on the FSW website for a missing Com2/Nav2 radio.  http://flysimware.com/website/Cessna441.html.

Al

Many thanks Al.  (Sorry about the dyslexic C411).  You have solved the problem with the patch info.

I only bought and downloaded the C441 a week ago.  I now remember seeing then something about a patch, but assumed that the current download would,of course, incorporate it.  Apparantly not.  (Come on FSW...).

Now a happy (flying) bunny.

Graham

3 hours ago, Ariel said:

Many thanks Al.  (Sorry about the dyslexic C411).  You have solved the problem with the patch info.

I only bought and downloaded the C441 a week ago.  I now remember seeing then something about a patch, but assumed that the current download would,of course, incorporate it.  Apparantly not.  (Come on FSW...).

Now a happy (flying) bunny.

Graham

Graham,

Great -- glad that solved the problem.

Al