Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Cannot Get P2A to Connect to Any Weather

Hello,

I love P2A2, butI cannot get it to connect to any weather at all.  Using P3Dv4 or FSXSE, I select NOAA weather with the radio button selected in the Config. or Active Sky while Active Sky is on with the path selected in the Config., the ATIS voice always says "Weather is not available at K___".

How do I get P2A to connect with the weather?

I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Bob

I'm getting that also now that I updated to P3Dv4.1 and updated P2A to 2.60.  The sim does have the weather from Active Sky.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

18 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

I'm getting that also now that I updated to P3Dv4.1 and updated P2A to 2.60.  The sim does have the weather from Active Sky.

Bill

I'm running the same thing along with AS16/ASCA. I just checked it at Heathrow and P2A Atis was reporting the exact same weather as AS16.

NAX669.png

4 hours ago, Bill Griffith said:

I'm getting that also now that I updated to P3Dv4.1 and updated P2A to 2.3.1.0.  The sim does have the weather from Active Sky.

Bill

P2A version correction above.  Got that confused with PTA.  :blink:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

I had restarted my computer after another install and I tried P2A again with Active Sky weather selected.  I got the same no weather message, so I selected NOAA weather and it worked.  I went back to the Active Sky weather selection and I still had weather to P2A.  I will try it again tomorrow to see if the Active Sky weather works from the start and report back.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Bill,

Since you upgraded to P3Dv4, check to be sure you updated the location of the P3D Root Directory on the Wx tab and also be sure that the current_wx_snapshot.txt file created by ASN is located in that directory.

Dave

I had reset the Wx directory.  Today the weather is working normally.  Just took an extra reset I guess.  :biggrin:  Sorry for the bother.  Love this program Dave.  P2A adds a whole new level to the sim for me that other ATC programs didn't accomplish. 

Thanks Dave.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

I am also getting no weather when using the NOAA option after updating to the new P2A version. It worked ok before.

I'm on X-Plane with XEnviro so I tried the "Sim Weather" option and it seems to be working ok. How to make the NOAA weather work again?

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

The NOAA weather should work.  However, when you first connect to the SIM, P2A makes its first call to NOAA for weather and it could take a couple of minutes for it to get the weather and turn it into a verbal report.  Once a good METAR report is downloaded for your airport, then P2A should start giving the weather. 

So connect early and swap frequencies so you don't hear the "Weather not available". Then when you are ready to check the weather after programming your GPS/FMC and other pre-start tasks, the weather should be available, unless you're at an airport that actually does not have weather reported by NOAA.

And, believe it or not, NOAA's site is down once in a while.  I have hit that problem twice in the past year or so.