Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

FsLabs A320 or PMDG 777

Both.  But if not both, pick the one that suits the type of flying you prefer, long haul or short/medium haul.  Both are excellent.

Edited by regis9
Typo
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

18 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Both.  But if not both, pick the one that suites the type of flying you prefer, long haul or short/medium haul.  Both are excellent.

Agree, you cannot go wrong  :biggrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You can’t go wrong, but the v4 version of the A320 is proving to be very taxing on people systems. So if you’re a heavy 3rd party airport flyer, you may get more manageable performance from the 777. I get very good performance with the PMDG birds, but at 3rd party airports am 10-20 FPS in the A320

Eric Szczesniak

52 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

You can’t go wrong, but the v4 version of the A320 is proving to be very taxing on people systems. So if you’re a heavy 3rd party airport flyer, you may get more manageable performance from the 777. I get very good performance with the PMDG birds, but at 3rd party airports am 10-20 FPS in the A320

Really? What are your specs?

Totally  different a/c. Impossible to compare. They are both excellent. It's up to you, which one atrracts you the most.

However, the FSL Airbus is by far the most advanced and high-end aircraft the simming world has ever seen... No other a/c comes close. (Nope, no one)

Cheers.

I been reading a lot about the fsl airbus and and theirs a lot of different opinions on the frame rates, most I have read is that it is rough on frame rates and I like to fly with at least 30% ai and detailed airports of course I have to be reasonable with the graphic sliders.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

14 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Totally  different a/c. Impossible to compare. They are both excellent. It's up to you, which one atrracts you the most.

However, the FSL Airbus is by far the most advanced and high-end aircraft the simming world has ever seen... No other a/c comes close. (Nope, no one)

Cheers.

I keep hearing people say this but they never explain why

Isn't PMDG pretty much the same to the real aircraft??

I run My PMDG 747,777.NGX settings with the A320, vsync on trippleB 30HZ 4K

it hold 30fps as with the PMDG.s hard to say but can be a little harder but not 30%

1 hour ago, ESzczesniak said:

+1

Matt Wilson

21 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Isn't PMDG pretty much the same to the real aircraft??

Yeah but the 320 feels like the real thing, while the 737 (i take the 737 because i've never been into a 777 or 747) feels a bit more... how can i put it... 'more plastic'. I mean it doesn't feel as realistic. Nobody explains why because it's really hard to put it into words - The simulation is there, it's faithful and bla bla bla, but it also goes that step further in bringing the immersion into your house. The sounds, the lighting, the environment it creates - It's stunning!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Simple really. The 777 is 34 FPS

One guy even posted the FSL Wrecked his P3D....well it turned out to be his PC was clogged up with dust. Good PC running well see below.

On 17/10/2017 at 9:44 PM, Nyxx said:

OK here is a like for like test.

The hardest hitting FPS gate I know within P3D = Aerosofts EGLL Gate 539, facing all the airport and London. No AI, NO weather.

Setting I use.

serttings.jpg

PMDG NG = Can see in screenshot 36 FPS

NG-36-FPS.jpg

FSL A320 = 32 FPS

32-fps-fsl.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm thinking about getting the A320, but from what i'm getting the performance is rubbish

19 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

For me, the sound is incredible. I own all three PMDG 7XXs and they don't even come close when it comes to sound. Ground Handling/Taxi in the A320X is the second to none. The PMDG's seem 'floaty' and it's like theres no weight to them, not so in the A320X. The Majestic Q400 comes a close second here.

The FBW system in the A320X 'feels' amazing (granted, I've never experienced the real one, only read Airbus docs) but it acts exactly as you would expect and it's really easy to hand-fly. Autoflight is also smooth and precise and once you know your FMAs, it all becomes really intuitive (get hold of an Airbus A320 FCTM and read though it, it's only a couple of hundred pages but it's a brilliant primer for the A320X) This is something PMDG wins on. Documentation (which makes sense, given their roots)

Now, don't get me wrong, I still love the PMDG stuff. I'll jump into the NGX again when I want a change and the 747 when I want something long-haul (not such a fan of the 777 to be honest) but the A320X replaced the NGX as my 'main' for the foreseeable future.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter