Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

FsLabs A320 or PMDG 777

3 minutes ago, Ebs said:

For me, the sound is incredible. I own all three PMDG 7XXs and they don't even come close when it comes to sound. Ground Handling/Taxi in the A320X is the second to none. The PMDG's seem 'floaty' and it's like theres no weight to them, not so in the A320X. The Majestic Q400 comes a close second here.

The FBW system in the A320X 'feels' amazing (granted, I've never experienced the real one, only read Airbus docs) but it acts exactly as you would expect and it's really easy to hand-fly. Autoflight is also smooth and precise and once you know your FMAs, it all becomes really intuitive (get hold of an Airbus A320 FCTM and read though it, it's only a couple of hundred pages but it's a brilliant primer for the A320X) This is something PMDG wins on. Documentation (which makes sense, given their roots)

Now, don't get me wrong, I still love the PMDG stuff. I'll jump into the NGX again when I want a change and the 747 when I want something long-haul (not such a fan of the 777 to be honest) but the A320X replaced the NGX as my 'main' for the foreseeable future.

Good points. Thanks

14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Simple really. The 777 is 34 FPS

One guy even posted the FSL Wrecked his P3D....well it turned out to be his PC was clogged up with dust. Good PC running well see below.

HI David thanks for the pics even better do you know the fps hit with ai??

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

They're both excellent, and both run as smooth ( and smooth as silk ) in my old i5 2500, with P3D v4.1.

I couldn't chose one in favour of the other, from the flight simulation PoV. From a personal taste PoV though I would pick the A32x.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

They are both Excellent products IMHO, I have 0 issue with either as far as performance is concerned.

I use the A320 more as it is better for short haul stuff and it's a joy to fly.

• Upvote 1

--Sean Hart

Both great. But I would really like to have FS2Crew for the A320 :-)

19 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Both great. But I would really like to have FS2Crew for the A320 :-)

Is there any plans for one?

Both!!!  The a320 is bloody amazing,  I've just got 2 problem

1. Mrs Tooting is back tomorrow night and I'm going to get asked "what did you get up this weekend" and I'm going to have to lie my face off,  as I've hammered it with A32x flights for 3 days solid and done nothing else!  

2. I'm meant to be fixing the shower  and defrosting the fridge by tomorrow and I havnt done that either!!! 

Buy both dude... But make sure it's the a320. 

14ppkc-6.png

44 minutes ago, sultanofswing said:

They are both Excellent products IMHO, I have 0 issue with either as far as performance is concerned.

I use the A320 more as it is better for short haul stuff and it's a joy to fly.

This sums it up very well.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Does the A320 have cabin announcements as I hear in many of the videos??

1 hour ago, Mitch24 said:

I keep hearing people say this but they never explain why

Isn't PMDG pretty much the same to the real aircraft??

Everything in the FSL A320 is just a little bit more wow than in PMDG airliners, when you hear its engines crank up, that's a good example, you will go 'wow' and it is a little bit scary from that point of view because you sort of think, 'yup, this is realistic, I'd better learn this thing properly'. From a technical standpoint, it does model more stuff too, so it's more complex, and that is also why you are likely to see a bit better performance of your sim with a PMDG airliner. But when you crank the FSL A320 up and see it and hear it, you're likely to understand what people mean when they say that stuff. Having said that, I don't know anyone who would fail to be impressed with PMDG's efforts, so it's not like you could go wrong anyway.

All that aside, as others have pointed out, the Cripple Seven and the Scarebus are two very different aeroplanes in terms of what they are suited to in terms of trip distance and destinations, so that should be your guide as to what kind of flights you like to do and which would best suit that. It's kind of difficult to tell when you look at them in isolation, but if you've ever seen an A320 parked next to a B-777, then the size difference tells you all you need to know; the fuselage of an A320 is about the same diameter as one of the engines on the 777.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 minutes ago, Chock said:

Everything in the FSL A320 is just a little bit more wow than in PMDG airliners.

If i may Alan, that's a little unfair.  As you yourself say they are simulating two entirely different airliners.  My two pence worth owning every PMDG aircraft and the FSL A320 is that they are both supremely well simulated.  Whilst the FSL is very well simulated it's very heavy on system performance, even in it's 64-bit release, it also managed to set a new record for the price, i REALLY don't think we should be encouraging price inflation within the hobby.

OP - I am sure that you would be happy with any of the aircraft mentioned and it is down to you how you think you will fly.

May i add another suggestion OP, have you looked at the Majestic Q400?  It's got an exceptionally light foot print on my system and it's system heavy, as good as the FSL and the PMDG.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

7 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

If i may Alan, that's a little unfair.  As you yourself say they are simulating two entirely different airliners.  My two pence worth owning every PMDG aircraft and the FSL A320 is that they are both supremely well simulated.  Whilst the FSL is very well simulated it's very heavy on system performance, even in it's 64-bit release, it also managed to set a new record for the price, i REALLY don't think we should be encouraging price inflation within the hobby.

OP - I am sure that you would be happy with any of the aircraft mentioned and it is down to you how you think you will fly.

May i add another suggestion OP, have you looked at the Majestic Q400?  It's got an exceptionally light foot print on my system and it's system heavy, as good as the FSL and the PMDG.

I agree on the price actually. I'll check out the Majestic Q400 is still $90- to over $100

13 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

it also managed to set a new record for the price, i REALLY don't think we should be encouraging price inflation within the hobby.

You make a good point, but the fact is, it's not going to get cheaper as time goes on. Let's not forget the company who really set the precedent for $100+ airplane Addons. ;)

In saying that though, I personally believe they're worth their asking price. Both FSL and PMDG.

A bit off-topic, but what I'm more concerned about is when we'll see the first 'Addon-as-a-service' plane. Imagine if the A320X didn't cost $120 but instead cost $10 a month and once you stop paying, it gets deactivated. The way things are going it's more a 'when' than 'if' question.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Well, if you aren't too concerned about a particular aircraft type, then the Majestic Q400 is certainly another very good contender. And if you like fiddling with stuff, the Majestic one actually has all the circuit breakers simulated too.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here