Sign in to follow this  
gianmarcoragazzoni

Error creating child window

Hi,
since I did the last update of Windows 10 Pro (Fall Creators Update), when I use the 737ngx the sim gives me the "Error creating child window" after initial loading. I also updated the 737 through the Operation Center program and then tried to uninstall and install it but I always get the error.
This may be caused by the update of the "Fall Update Creators"? Or from some addons such as GSX?
I do not know how to fix the problem and I can not use the 737ngx.
I tried with other planes and did not seem to make this mistake.
I use FSX Steam Edition.
I hope there is a solution to the problem.
Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Real names,first and last on the forum please.

This issue seems to be due to the WIN10 fall upgrade. There is nothing we can currently do.The fall upgrade contains all the issues the latest MS KB's had as well. According to a post on LM forum MS plans to fix this during November. I recommend to roll back to the previous win version until this issue is sorted.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I have just updated my Windows and I am experiencing the same problem as above. Will try a rollback.

Craig Sproul 

Guest alanmetcalf

Yes and me also,  I hope you update your notice board with this information.

Alan Metcalf

Guest alanmetcalf

I think technical support should be a bit more pro active with this and take it up with MS on our behalf.

I was planning to purchase the 777 but will wait now.

19 minutes ago, alanmetcalf said:

I think technical support should be a bit more pro active with this and take it up with MS on our behalf.

I was planning to purchase the 777 but will wait now.

Please sign with your real name first and last as per forum regulations. The issue is known for almost a month now. LM has already taken this with MS and they told them according to what we know that this will be fixed during November. It does not affect only us but other developers as well.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest alanmetcalf

Known for a month?? The update only rolled out this week. Have seen nothing about it  on your board or anywhere else obvious.

Who is LM?

Regards

Alan Metcalf

Guest alanmetcalf

Ah Line Management.  Ok I will shut up now.

Alan Metcalf

One tail wagging the dog

2 hours ago, alanmetcalf said:

Who is LM?

Lockheed Martin.

2 hours ago, alanmetcalf said:

Known for a month?? The update only rolled out this week. Have seen nothing about it  on your board or anywhere else obvious.

Note that his earlier post made reference to this update containing previous MS updates, ergo, it contains updates that old as well.

...and it's also been quite frequently referenced here in the forum. It's about every third or fourth post at this point.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey guys, Windows automatically downloaded the Fall build and I'm in the same boat as you guys. I run FSX:SE though. So I guess both P3D, and FSX users are affected. I hope they come out with a patch soon. All we can do at this point is sit and wait. 

8 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

So I guess both P3D, and FSX users are affected.

It's an issue with the OS, so technically all programs are affected...just a matter of how severely/obviously.

Kyle Rodgers

You're right. I just hate how Windows FORCES you to update your OS. And they come out with these builds that just kill your computer and everything in it. Like who the heck is beta testing over there, Ray Charles??

• Upvote 1

Very glad I've come across this post. I've had serious issues in the past with these forced updates. None have proven to be fatal yet, but they just make everything haywire and it is very frustrating.

Fortunately I don't think I've received the update yet. I've flown Sunday night and I don't recall the computer staying on and updating after I shut it down. That being said I don't have to roll back, but would instead like to delay the update. From what I can tell, it looks like these updates are forced upon us. The only way I can see to stop this forced update on windows 10 home versions is to do the following:

###
Metered Connection

Windows 10 Home users don’t have these options so can’t defer the upgrades in this way. The solution for this is to set your internet connection as metered. Windows 10 won’t download a large update such as the Fall Creators Update over a metered connection.

If you’re connected to the internet via Ethernet, open Settings and go to Network & Internet > Ethernet. Select your connection and turn the Set as metered connection option to On.

For a Wi-Fi connection, open Settings, go to Network & Internet > Wi-Fi. Select the Wi-Fi connection and enable the Set as metered connection option.

###

No idea how this would affect everything else since the weather, vatsim, vpilot all use the internet while flying. Anyone know other ways to delay the update on windows 10 home?

Guest alanmetcalf

Yea you can stop the windows update service at set it to disabled.

48 minutes ago, alanmetcalf said:

Yea you can stop the windows update service at set it to disabled.

Well... not exactly. I did my homework last night and Windows has it set up to where even if you did disable it, it'll still update itself. I did so yesterday. It took me a while to find but I turned automatic updates off and then I went to the updates page and low and behold, my computer was STILL updating itself automatically. You can turn it off in the wifi section but that's if you run your computer on wifi. I have a modem but I use a land cable for my rig and wifi throughout the house. My rig doesn't have wifi cabalilities unfortunately. Basically I'm pretty screwed until windows addresses their mistake. Hopefully we'll have this fixed by November.