Sign in to follow this  
gianmarcoragazzoni

Error creating child window

4 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Thanks for posting. It's fixed. Run update.

Yep!!! I figured as much I'm updated and ready to kick the tyres this weekend

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

Installed the KB4051963 update today then completed a flight in the PMDG 737NGX from Nice to Barcelona without any problems.  Fingers crossed the error creating child window issue is resolved. 

Bob Koehler

I ran yesterday's update, reinstalled the PMDG 73 on FSX, same ole same ole. I've uninstalled the add on again and will keep using my iFly 737. That and my other AC such as the Level D 76 are not affected. For me this seems to boil down to MS updates and PMDG as it's happening with both FSX and P3D.  Some have reported problems with other planes, but once again only the PM 737 has been an issue for me. Hopefully there will be a real fix someday, until then I'm tired of messing with it.

Jim Myer 

Remember Guys,

There are millions of Win 10 configurations with their own unique setups, just give it time and keep updating :) Stay Strong :)

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

I rolled back to Windows7 as it is still good until 2020. I got tired dealing with the error as I'm sure there is more to come with MS as they have plan another update in early spring that will probably change everything again.. Windows7 have no issues enjoying life.

Mike

Hasn't worked for me either, still getting the error. My PMDG aircraft have been grounded for over a month now. Hopefully, there will be a fix soon...

On 02/12/2017 at 10:08 PM, BobKinSTL said:

I spoke to soon.  After a couple successful flights the problem is back today.  Very frustrating. 

Yep I can agree, just flown a Cheiften from Nuuk, Greenland to Keflavik and on touch down "BING" Error - Thats 3hours - will need to start testing again :(.

Although if you load up a 'less complex' aircraft and switch to PMDG (if you can get the dialogue open you can unground the aircraft

Regards

Nathan Smith 

Did an update get pushed out or is it just coincidence that I took two short haul flights today and no error creating child window?  

6 hours ago, BobKinSTL said:

Did an update get pushed out or is it just coincidence that I took two short haul flights today and no error creating child window?  

It comes and goes, that's the frustrating part of it for a lot of us. Just when I thought I had it straightened out the windows would start popping up again. For me PMDG just can't handle Window's 10 updates. I finally took it off my PC. My other AC such as my LD 767, iFly 737 and QW 757 continue to be flawless. I had all of PMDG's addons with FS9, including their 747 which IMO were 2nd to none. I started buying adds for FSX and was looking forward to their 747 but it isn't updated at all for Windows 10. Now that their 737 has known issues with Win 10 updates they really should start telling people prior to sale. They state there's nothing they can do about this. Fine, but please, let people know issues exist with Windows 10 forced updates before they buy. 

Jim

it happened to me to.

but anyone knows how to roll back the update because i don't.

thank for everyone who will help.

Ben Alon

3 minutes ago, ben alom said:

but anyone knows how to roll back the update because i don't.

Most likely you cannot but open up Windows Update, click on Recovery and then tell it to go back to the previous version.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10