Sign in to follow this  
gianmarcoragazzoni

Error creating child window

12 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Well... not exactly. I did my homework last night and Windows has it set up to where even if you did disable it, it'll still update itself. I did so yesterday. It took me a while to find but I turned automatic updates off and then I went to the updates page and low and behold, my computer was STILL updating itself automatically. You can turn it off in the wifi section but that's if you run your computer on wifi. I have a modem but I use a land cable for my rig and wifi throughout the house. My rig doesn't have wifi cabalilities unfortunately. Basically I'm pretty screwed until windows addresses their mistake. Hopefully we'll have this fixed by November. 

Hmm -

I run wifi via USB port. I wonder if I could just unplug the wifi before shutting down - presto cannot download update.

I bet it would throw a fit and somehow figure out a way to force an update when it sensed the wifi was plugged back in the following day.

29 minutes ago, Nick Dobda said:

Hmm -

I run wifi via USB port. I wonder if I could just unplug the wifi before shutting down - presto cannot download update.

I bet it would throw a fit and somehow figure out a way to force an update when it sensed the wifi was plugged back in the following day.

It would. Windows will always force an update if you shut down and turn your computer back on. It's just annoying. Updates are suppose to HELP the community, not hinder it. Like I said, I don't know who is beta testing for them but they must be blind in their good eye to not see a fault at this big of a caliber. 

Do we roughly know when the patch will oll out as i thought today is patch Tuesday... saying that can anyone confirm if setting FSX to run on compatibility mode to windows 7 will fix the issue... i cant roll back because i stupidly cleared the restore files and only backed up after the delation...... lesson learnt

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

Cumulative update for Win10 (Creators Fall Update) (KB4048955) - Hopeful this will fix issues. Will install reboot and report....

NOPE :(

Edited by VirtualPilot1460

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

Well, the latest update didn't fix it! After last update everything was ok now I am getting same error.....

P.S. After this update actually I have issue with QW787 not PMDG product.....?! I don't have time to test now but will repeat Friday but no message after exiting FSX.....So a bit confused....:blush:

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Its an OS issue.... so i assume eventually will fix, the trick is to preset everything up so you dont need to open dialogs to change anything

Regards

Nathan Smith 

I got the notice to update last night.

In the options you can defer for a month. I'm now good until December 20. I believe at that time I'll be forced to update. Hopefully they figure it out by then.

I have FSX and am getting the same "Child window" error which causes the sim to crash. I've tried uninstall/reinstall without success. It's rendered the 737NG unusable. I could roll it back but I don't want to do that forever. Odd that it only affects the PMDG, my ifly 737, Level D 767 or any of the stock AC aren't affected. 

Now that it's a known issue, PMDG should place a warning on this before purchases are made. With the expansion it was 95 bucks out the window and they've said there's nothing they can do about it.

Jim M.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't responded in a while, I actually forgot about this post. I got so frustrated one night that I literally erased FSX:SE and made the move to P3Dv4.1. Honestly, it was the best thing I ever did for myself. It is so awesome. No OOM's. No crashes. No stability issues. No nothing. Just smooth all the way around. I was hesitant because I had a bunch of addons like REX, LVFR, ORBX, WOAI, etc but 95.8% of them are free upgrade. WOAI doesn't work for v4.1 so I actually am using UT Live but I suggest y'all follow my lead and go 64 bit. I know paying $70 for a sim sucks but trust me once you make the move you won't regret it! Happy simming! 

15 hours ago, Skypoint said:

Odd that it only affects the PMDG, my ifly 737, Level D 767 or any of the stock AC aren't affected. 

It affects panel windows on A2A planes (e.g., shift-1 etc) too. I think this is really a Windows issue. It's frustrating for everyone. 

15 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't responded in a while, I actually forgot about this post. I got so frustrated one night that I literally erased FSX:SE and made the move to P3Dv4.1.

It got me to use X-Plane again, but I still prefer the FSX family. I got Flight Sim World for $12.50 on Steam. I think it's great even if you can't use all the addons right now. The SDK should be released soon and hopefully we'll see a flood of the addons come over.

18 hours ago, Skypoint said:

Odd that it only affects the PMDG, my ifly 737, Level D 767 or any of the stock AC aren't affected. 

Hi, I got this error using my iFly 737NG as soon as the model is loaded in the scenery. In my case also the default Beaver gives me the error.

I tried to load the default Baron first, then I switched to the iFly, at the beginning it seemed to work, then, the error arised after 20 minuts of flight.

Mauro

Hi, I got this error using my iFly 737NG as soon as the model is loaded in the scenery. In my case also the default Beaver gives me the error.

I tried to load the default Baron first, then I switched to the iFly, at the beginning it seemed to work, then, the error arised after 20 minuts of flight.

I've been lucky, or it could be that pulled the PMDG 737 off my drive. I flew the plane more than any other which I suppose made it my favorite. I believe PMDG made it work with Windows 10, but it's the forced updates that it has become incompatible with. Just my theory. It was disheartening to read that PMDG said they couldn't do anything about it, including giving your money back. I did uninstall my other AC after deleting the PMDG 73 and reinstalled. Not sure what the difference is, all my other adds remain flawless. In the end it's getting harder to work with FSX, it's 11 years old now, and even Microsoft couldn't care less about it or adjusting their updates. Lastly, I despise their forced updates, you'd think they would give us an option. 

Thanks for your comment, good luck and please let us know if you find a solution!

Jim

Curious does anyone know with any certainty what is going on with this? I have delayed the install of the update until Dec 20, at which time Lord Windows will show up and decree that thou shalt update your computer no matter what the consequences are.

Is PMDG applying pressure to get it fixed? Moreover, I would think that whoever the owners of FSX are would be hounding them to fix the issue as I would imagine this is precisely the type of thing that would force people over the edge if they were on the cliff of making the transition from FSX to P3D.

I know if it doesn't get fixed in early January I'll seriously be considering making the jump.