Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

Problems with Thrustmaster HOTAS X Joystick/Throttle

Hey all,

So I'm making the migration from FSX to P3Dv4 this weekend, and I'm running into issues with my joystick and throttle (Thrustmaster HOTAS X). I'm getting control surfaces to respond but the throttle and rudder axis (twisting the joystick) are not responding at all. Even when I go into the control assignments and move the throttle or twist the stick to try and assign them as commands P3D will not recognize them. Anyone run into this problem before and know how to solve?

Thanks!

I don't have P3D, but I do have a HOTAS X. So, to clarify the joystick shows as calibrated OK from the Thrustmaster control panel?

Is there some kind of advanced controls option within P3D?

Have you tried locking the twist, setting the joystick to 4 axis mode, and using the rocker switch on the throttle for rudder just to see if that makes a difference?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

It is reading as calibrated.

I ended up reinstalling the drivers, FSUIPC, and then rebooting everything and that worked. Guess it was just a driver issue.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I have no problems assigning and calibrating my Warthog HOTAS directly in P3D.  The only thing the Thrustmaster GUI is useful for is turning off the lights, it is not compatible with P3Dv3 and later.  I only use FSUIPC to translate buttons and switches into keycommands for use in the PMDG custom keycommand feature.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm having trouble with my Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X. P3Dv4 says it sees it but it doesn't want to calibrate it. Every time I try to set a new assignment for the throttle or yoke nothing happens. PLease help

Michael

14 hours ago, michaeljm00 said:

I'm having trouble with my Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X. P3Dv4 says it sees it but it doesn't want to calibrate it. Every time I try to set a new assignment for the throttle or yoke nothing happens. PLease help

Michael

A little more information please. How what happens when you select either the throttle or the joystick in the top drop down box, select the axis screen,  then click on calibrate?

Dan Downs KCRP

One question guys. In my control configuration on p3d I would like to know what voice in the controls on p3d gives me the view with the Hat Swicht of the Flight Hotas X... THANK YOU