Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Ultimate traffic live

Does anyone know when UTL will release an update that will have current liveries and current parking spots at airports? Thanks

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

3 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Does anyone know when UTL will release an update that will have current liveries and current parking spots at airports? Thanks

No updated parking spots. UTL doesn't install afcad's. As for liveries most are updated except some regionals. I fly mostly in US so not sure about others outside US.

Here is the latest from Jeff Main at UTL

Product Support for UTLive Licensed Users must log in. http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=15469&title=update-10-11-17

UPDATE 10.11.17
    Posted: 11-October-2017 at 12:09pm
Hi All,

Wanted to give an update on the update and request some testing help.

I have been trying diligently to track down the crash on some users systems when running a prepar3d version, and I need some extra testers who are experiencing this issue.  Currently we can not find any issue in the initialization and startup of utl, just when first event from simconnect is fired.  I need to verify this with other users experiencing this problem.

I am also keeping two separate code sets of the user interface currently.  I have made as many of the requested changes as possible in one set, and current release in my testing set.  I want to verify a prepar3d fix before blending the two together.  While it is still apart, any last feature requests can be handled more easily.  Here is the chance to get your desire feature in!

If you would like to help test the crash issue and new features, directly contact me with the following information, I will email links to the testing files for crash testers tomorrow, and new user interface updates next tuesday.

Email following...
1.  Name, country you are from and timezone
2.  What Flight Simulators do you use utLive with?
3.  Basic computer specs.
4.  Are you experiencing the crash on prepar3d?
5.  What one feature do you want fixed or added (no guarantees on these, just a possible)...

• Upvote 1

Sadly I am one of those who paid for this program, as for the update, to quote The Eagles " When Hell Freezes Over". I will never again buy a soft release. If your thinking of buying be forwarned.

Sorry to be so negative but just read the heartache posts on their forum

Nelson Lyon

Stop being negative, the developer is working full time with the project.

I am part of UTL beta team and we just received version 1.28, we are all testing it.

Regards,

Simbol

8 minutes ago, simbol said:

Stop being negative, the developer is working full time with the project.

I am part of UTL beta team and we just received version 1.28, we are all testing it.

Regards,

Simbol

No one should buy this software right now. That's a perfectly fair warning.

You bought it knowing it was a beta..

Lots of users including me are using it without issues, just because you have problems it doesn't mean the product is bad or that everyone else will have a bad experience as you do.

Now the developer reached out to ask people what problems they have and what features they would like fixed first, have you contacted him? 

Simbol 

• Upvote 2

I have no issues with UTL except for a lot of my planes in the US have dated liveries.  United is a perfect example.  They have the current livery in there but also the tulip and battleship.  I'm not sure why they have all 3 and I'm not sure how to remove the old ones.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

19 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

No one should buy this software right now. That's a perfectly fair warning.

Sorry to hear you've had issues. Bought it several months ago and have had zero problems and lots of very good traffic.  I recommend the program all the time.  In fact, I also have the traffic 3d sounds addon from Simmarket which was made just for UTL, which makes it even better.

• Upvote 3

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

16 minutes ago, simbol said:

You bought it knowing it was a beta..

Lots of users including me are using it without issues, just because you have problems it doesn't mean the product is bad or that everyone else will have a bad experience as you do.

Now the developer reached out to ask people what problems they have and what features they would like fixed first, have you contacted him? 

Simbol 

And just because you're on the beta team and have had a good experience doesn't mean everyone else will. I'm done talking about this.

To everyone else: UTL hasn't had a patch in 3 months and the last patch was a significant regression. Wait until the next patch to see if it's worth buying.

I'd sure like to get this but no more beta purchases for me. Just going to have to suck it up and wait it out.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Well, I bought it and have had NO problems of any kind.

However anyone who buys an announced beta and THEN complains is way off base. It is to be expected that a beta MAY have serious issues, up to and including fouling up your system. That's the choice you make.

Vic

• Upvote 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I think with something like the tfdi 717, buying in beta is ok as the devs communicate regularly and are obviously serious about the project.

with the oddly-named ut "live", there's little communication, and we've seen the dev disappear before with the ut2 project going quiet for years.

ive given up on ut live for now, back to mytraffic  which is working very well. I'll give ut another try once we have a version that we can be confident won't crash our systems.

if I was advising a buyer now, I'd say wait until you see some real progress towards a stable program, and get my traffic and install via xml method if you want a reliably working traffic program now.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I have to agree with Chapstick, stay away from this program and save your money. Even when it is officially released I would wait and see what

the general consensus is from the flight sim community. Right now there are very few people running this program with NO problems. For those

that are consider your selves lucky but if you look at all the posts in the forum there are far more unhappy simmers than happy ones. There are just too many

things wrong at the moment and I hope they eventually get it sorted. As for Simbol, I just looked at their forum. No mention of the beta your talking about. It would

be nice to let the people reading the UTL forum know what progress is happening. Nothing at all from the developer. PROATC at least lets it's readers know when a new bets has been sent to the beta team keeping them informed.

Nels

I too bought this the day it became available as I wanted to try it out. It has worked without issue (over 4 or 5 various installs) with injecting the traffic,  the traffic board and other stuff I have no interest in and could care less if it works at all. It isn't perfect or without it's faults but it does work. From all of the support that I've tried to assist with on their forums I'm fairly sure in saying to those that it just doesn't work for what ever reason is that it's not the software. 

I'd have to disagree with Nels comment above and say that it does work for the vast majority of users. AKA the silent majority, like most things we see these days is that the masses don't come online to boast or help each other when you when they are happy about a product and it is working well, but they sure do when it isn't.  

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS