Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Ultimate traffic live

It did not work for me and I am glad I could get a refund eventhough I was a little over the 30 days. Traffic reset every time you opened a menu or something made the loading bar appear. That eventually lead to not having much traffic enroute for me.

All the Ai planes seemed to fly at the same altitude as it is the case with default traffic leading to a lot of congestion if when the traffic did work.

planes sit on airports for days on end, eventhough they were scheduled to take off. And every once in a while UTL would crash in a manner that no sim connect application would function anymore.

Also the config program would be switching back and forward from saying that it would configure FSX instead of P3D for me. Which is quite odd as FSX has never been installed on my system. May be just a visual bug, may be something deeper. 

There were issues for me, not saying they will be there for you. What made me refund is that this was being a beta with zero contact from the actual dev and no visible progression at all. No (status) updates or anything. And since at least I consider the 45€ or so quite pricey I returned it and have not looked back.

Funny enough that people complain about a BETA software (obviously in the FS community, this is not yet broadly used...). However, I personally still do not see any reason why I should abandon my UT2 even if UTLive is finally released. Neither here, nor in the UT Forums anyone was basically capable of telling me a single reason what UTLive will do better than UT2. Except maybe the fact that UT2 has a bug in displaying traffic over the ocean. So, I ask the question again: what offers UTLive that UT2 does not offer?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

I'd have to disagree with Nels comment above and say that it does work for the vast majority of users. AKA the silent majority, like most things we see these days is that the masses don't come online to boast or help each other when you when they are happy about a product and it is working well, but they sure do when it isn't.  

+1

And to make another point, Thomas Main(The developer) told us via email that after 1 week of him posting on the oficial forums the debugging procedures announcement he did not receive even one single user willing to test the crash problems, what is the point in complaining if you don't report it people? how you expect developers to address problems that we are not aware of? or unable to debug? everyone can experience different issues due to different systems configurations and variables.

Still today, nobody has reported to him in order to test the crashes.. he made his email address available to all users on his oficial forums, you can clearly contact him and request your problem to be addressed.

In any case, during my Beta tests I discovered that most of the crashing are due to SimConnect issues because people are using older version of the SimConnect libraries designed by dovetail for FSX-SE or old Libraries from FSX and it seems these libraries are being used for PDV4, if you are experiencing problems about crashes, etc. go to your PD3 V4 directory and find the folder \redist\interface. You will find there the correct Simconnect libraries versions that should be used for Prepard3D, install all of them ignoring the Rusian and Japanise version.

Thomas is now aware of this problem, and I suggested he should try to automatise the installation of the correct libraries for all end user in order to avoid the problem from repeating.

Best Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 2

yep   agree   people  just  want  to  complain  and  not  actually  try  to  solve  the  issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

+1

And to make another point, Thomas Main(The developer) told us via email that after 1 week of him posting on the oficial forums the debugging procedures announcement he did not receive even one single user willing to test the crash problems, what is the point in complaining if you don't report it people? how you expect developers to address problems that we are not aware of? or unable to debug? everyone can experience different issues due to different systems configurations and variables.

Still today, nobody has reported to him in order to test the crashes.. he made his email address available to all users on his oficial forums, you can clearly contact him and request your problem to be addressed.

In any case, during my Beta tests I discovered that most of the crashing are due to SimConnect issues because people are using older version of the SimConnect libraries designed by dovetail for FSX-SE or old Libraries from FSX and it seems these libraries are being used for PDV4, if you are experiencing problems about crashes, etc. go to your PD3 V4 directory and find the folder \redist\interface. You will find there the correct Simconnect libraries versions that should be used for Prepard3D, install all of them ignoring the Rusian and Japanise version.

Thomas is now aware of this problem, and I suggested he should try to automatise the installation of the correct libraries for all end user in order to avoid the problem from repeating.

Best Regards,
Simbol

You, my friend are the best.  I had this issue after a reinstall of p3d v4.1.  UTL was crashing on startup everytime.  Worked with 4.0.  

Thank you

4 minutes ago, bravoboy37 said:

You, my friend are the best.  I had this issue after a reinstall of p3d v4.1.  UTL was crashing on startup everytime.  Worked with 4.0.  

Thank you

I am glad to help, just to confirm is your problem now fixed?

Regards,

Simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I am glad to help, just to confirm is your problem now fixed?

Regards,

Simbol

Yes it is.  Please note.  I did a clean install of 4.1 and have been adding my addons back in slowly.  I got around to installing utl today and it did not work with multiple attempts.  Your note above fixed it.  It is working now.

I had utl in 4.0 with no issues before.

Just now, bravoboy37 said:

Yes it is.  Please note.  I did a clean install of 4.1 and have been adding my addons back in slowly.  I got around to installing utl today and it did not work with multiple attempts.  Your note above fixed it.  It is working now.

I had utl in 4.0 with no issues before.

Perfect, have a nice day and a superb flying experience.

Regards,

Simbol

Just now, simbol said:

Perfect, have a nice day and a superb flying experience.

Regards,

Simbol

Enjoying your AI lights too by the way!

• Upvote 1

Here'e one more report. I bought it immediately after it became available. I'm not caring too much for outdated liveries, I'm mostly flying GA and just don't want to take off from an otherwise empty airport. I have been using it under Prepar3d4.0 and 4.1 and still didn't face any single CTD caused by it. There are two issues: (i) It tends to remain running if you leave Prepar3d irregularly (e.g. by killing it or crashing by another cause). (ii) traffic is reset every time you enter the menu system, which is annoying indeed. Like its predecessor UT2, in has a relatively small performance inpact only.

I use it interchangeably with PSXSeecon traffic, exploiting the same set of AI planes (and Alan's nice traffic 3d sounds).

My only complain is the devleoper disappears into Nirvana from time to time and becomes invisible to mere mortals like me.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 minutes ago, pmb said:

Here'e one more report. I bought it immediately after it became available. I'm not caring too much for outdated liveries, I'm mostly flying GA and just don't want to take off from an otherwise empty airport. I have been using it under Prepar3d4.0 and 4.1 and still didn't face any single CTD caused by it. There are two issues: (i) It tends to remain running if you leave Prepar3d irregularly (e.g. by killing it or crashing by another cause). (ii) traffic is reset every time you enter the menu system, which is annoying indeed. Like its predecessor UT2, in has a relatively small performance inpact only.

I use it interchangeably with PSXSeecon traffic, exploiting the same set of AI planes (and Alan's nice traffic 3d sounds).

My only complain is the devleoper disappears into Nirvana from time to time and becomes invisible to mere mortals like me.

Kind regards, Michael

Yep it likes to stay running sometimes,  have to manually close it in task manger no big deal everything else is working ok

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

(ii) traffic is reset every time you enter the menu system, which is annoying indeed. Like its predecessor UT2, in has a relatively small performance inpact only.

I agree this is the most annoying thing ever, but again when I have my FP ready and I am flying I don't touch settings, etc., in any case you would be please to know that all the members of the beta team have requested this to be fixed, we were promised this would be the case in the upcoming release.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Silverbird said:

Yep it likes to stay running sometimes,  have to manually close it in task manger no big deal everything else is working ok

I made a little batch file killing utl_client (and SODE with a similar issue). This batch is called via SimStarter every time in advance of starting Prepar3d, thus it's no longer an issue for me, but I recall it was before.

And thanks Simbol for the info, I am very glad to hear they're going to resolve this.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, pmb said:

I made a little batch file killing utl_client (and SODE with a similar issue). This batch is called via SimStarter every time in advance of starting Prepar3d, thus it's no longer an issue for me, but I recall it was before.

And thanks Simbol for the info, I am very glad to hear they're going to resolve this.

Kind regards, Michael

Version 1.28 is closing properly after shutting down PD3 so you would not need this in the future.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

I purchased after it became available because finally we got rid of old fs9 code aircraft, at list I hope so.

All this word not allowed ancient ai traffic that you are uncertain of the provenience don't do any good on P3D, I see good result in terms of performance that doesn't slow my system.

One thing that I don't like is the fact that using Vpilot doesn't reset to the present traffic after connecting to the Vatsim network I always need to do it manually.

Another small annoying aspect is the crash of UT utility at the beginning or at the exit from P3Dv4.1 But is not the only one, even ChasePlane do the same.