Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Bit Torrent?

Apparently all the files I had d/l previously are now somehow corrupt and 7-zip is only able to open a few. I had all the old individual files but now when opening them with 7-zip I keep getting "Can not open file as archive" error. 7-Zip is only opening the first one in the folder, the 002, 003, etc... is where the errors are and thus cannot open them anymore. Thus I guess I need to d/l the world wide mesh again. The US mesh is fine as that is in a different format.  I have never used bit torrent and am unsure where to go to download it. I went to one site to get what I thought I needed, utorrent and my a/v said it was a virus. I don't like the fact that I have to do it this way. I would rather pay you a sum of money via paypal and get the files the regular way if I could. Failing that can I be pointed to the correct places to get this bit torrent thing. Thank you

Eric 

That's the site I went to and Malwarebytes blocked it.

Eric 

On 10/22/2017 at 0:51 PM, B777ER said:

Apparently all the files I had d/l previously are now somehow corrupt and 7-zip is only able to open a few. I had all the old individual files but now when opening them with 7-zip I keep getting "Can not open file as archive" error. 7-Zip is only opening the first one in the folder, the 002, 003, etc... is where the errors are and thus cannot open them anymore. Thus I guess I need to d/l the world wide mesh again. The US mesh is fine as that is in a different format.  I have never used bit torrent and am unsure where to go to download it. I went to one site to get what I thought I needed, utorrent and my a/v said it was a virus. I don't like the fact that I have to do it this way. I would rather pay you a sum of money via paypal and get the files the regular way if I could. Failing that can I be pointed to the correct places to get this bit torrent thing. Thank you

The .002, .003, and .004 files were never meant to be extracted on their own. Only when after all parts of an archive were downloaded to the same folder was the .001 file and ONLY the .001 be extracted. This would then commence an automatic extraction of all of the parts into a single folder. It's always been that way and designed to be that way with 7-ZIP.

The procedure was also detailed in the installation guide that was written for the older archives.