Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

Driving me nuts!

As much as I love ChasePlane and it's features, and I really do, what is sending me crazy is the continual need to stop and restart the Program. It refuses to change view via hot keys so you have to bring up the UI and click on each preset.  Or...you stop and restart to reset it.  At a guess I would say this is when it tries to contact it's home base and for whatever reason it doesn't get the responce it expects, or my net provider drops a few packets, which is enough to trigger this behaviour.

If this is the reason could you please extend the time out, if it's this simple.  Course, I'm probably very wrong :)  Re-starting ChasePlane six or seven times over a 2 hour flight is tedious at best.

Cheers,

Dean,

ChasePlane contacts the server at launch and when you make changes to your presets. "The server" is not to be blamed for everything and anything. Stop blaming "The" bloody "server".

Are you using the Experimental build of the stable build?

Regards,
Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Ok, chill Kevin, chill!...:) . I love your program, I really do. I just want to know why it keeps kicking me into touch and need restarting.  I figure because it requires a constant online status that it's periodically 'checking in'.  A reasonable assumption I would of thought.

As I see it occasionally updating itself I guess I'm on a beta build.  I can't tell you the exact build right now as the gaming PC has been switched off.

Regards, 

2 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

As much as I love ChasePlane and it's features, and I really do, what is sending me crazy is the continual need to stop and restart the Program. It refuses to change view via hot keys so you have to bring up the UI and click on each preset.  Or...you stop and restart to reset it.  At a guess I would say this is when it tries to contact it's home base and for whatever reason it doesn't get the responce it expects, or my net provider drops a few packets, which is enough to trigger this behaviour.

If this is the reason could you please extend the time out, if it's this simple.  Course, I'm probably very wrong :)  Re-starting ChasePlane six or seven times over a 2 hour flight is tedious at best.

Cheers,

I'm not really sure what you mean, when you saying that you need to re-launch it?! Does Chaseplane crash or what do you mean? Mine's very stable to be honest and I've never had problems with it - not even the experimental builds.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

;)

right now we have a few reports of people having issues with the Experimental version where it would stop responding at random moments.

we are working on a fix that will be available in late November in the Experimental channel.

For now, the stable version 0.3.69 should work without too much trouble.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

No, it never crashes Anders, it just takes a nap :D

Great.  Thanks Kevin, I'll switch tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dean_EGTC said:

I'll switch tomorrow.

Let me know if you are still having issues with that version!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

4 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I'm not really sure what you mean, when you saying that you need to re-launch it?! Does Chaseplane crash or what do you mean? Mine's very stable to be honest and I've never had problems with it - not even the experimental builds.

For some users on the Experimental build, the interface will stop responding at random moments and the only way to regain control is to restart the application.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Folks,

Definitely a "start-up" problem - - - not a "stops responding once it's running" problem...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Keven,

You really need to sort out an offline version. This isn't the first time it's happened! You need to have a plan B. Not impressed

9 hours ago, nawarren said:

Keven,

You really need to sort out an offline version. This isn't the first time it's happened! You need to have a plan B. Not impressed

Good grief it isn't the OPs problem however, I don't know how many time Keven has to tell people an offline version is planned for November. A simple search for the word would give plenty of hits in this forum and it it is the subject of the pinned first item on this forum

As for the guys that gripe that its stops P3D or breaks Trackir (which it never has for me) all you have to do is not link Chaseplane to start with you sim in the preferences in Chaseplane. Start it and P3D separately and you wont have those problems either if the server happens to go down again before the offline version is released.

Cheers

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server