Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Which Mesh?

I use Toposim mesh. It's great and the grand majority of the addons work great with Vector.

Santiago de Larminat

5 minutes ago, Mark Niebauer said:

At KEGE the runway is way higher than the airport.  Tottally off.  Even after re running the vector tool and adding a lost bgl then re running the tool. No change.

I found the Orbx KEGE to be off  too, I fixed it in my configuration by correcting the ARP elevation with ADE/Prokey.  Vector isn't the problem,  it is the elevation stub by Westsim that comes with the Orbx airport.

If you are referring to default KEGE, I'm of no help with that.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 23/10/2017 at 10:55 PM, pmb said:

I thought FTX Vector AEC was supposed to take care of airport elevation issues, if you own FTX Vector, as Pilot's FSGUX is said to be compatible to FTX. Now, FTX AEC is for FTX Vector users and Pilot's AFM is for non-Vector users, or will you have to use both of them...? While AEC works (if it does) automatically, AFM does not and has to be invoked manually on a per-airport base after detecting an issue, which I find a real pain.

Kind regards, Michael

The primary issue is not airport elevation, it's that more detailed mesh shows up the problems where the terrain at one end of the runway in the real world is higher than the other. So you get a small cliff at one end or the other, because p3d runways are always flat, not sloped.

this problem has been pretty dreadful with some of the payware mesh providers in the past.

pilots mesh has a decent solution - the AFM - which can flatten the terrain around any airport, to prevent this problem. There's a program you run to install/uninstall each flatten.

i use it for large airports that I'm flying jets into. For small airports in hilly terrain, I accept the small cliff as I want to keep the undulating landscape that is in proximity to the airport. I add flatten polys in ADE if I feel that I need to (no need to do this if you do t want to edit airports!)

of course, major elevation errors give you the whole airport way up on a plateau, vector can fix that, or its quite easy to fix yourself - you could still keep that function of vector on if you want to. 

The afm tool is a definite plus for pilots mesh. I've moved from fa genesis (plus some non-genesis next map mesh) to Pilots fs global ultimate next gen, and am very happy. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."