Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

Turboprops for P3D V4? (not carenado)

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Aerosoft Twin Otter.

+1 Models failures, has many good features,  great interactive checklist built in. Flight deck graphics are a bit dated, but it was out way before any 64 bit sim was thought of.

However the Majestic Dash 8 has everything, including a flight model that is nothing short of amazing! A cb can be pulled to simulate a left side FMC failure! So being lazy and forgetting to copy your flight plan and fuel load over to the right FMC, at the pre flight stage, will get you into trouble!:cool:

Best regards

Realair Turbine Duke is working for me in 4.1.

43 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

How is the engine modelling of the F1 King Air?

Gregg, they did a good job on modeling the PT6A-52 engines regarding published performance charts,  these are not the stock engines (PT6A-42), the -52 provide an additional 275 horsepower. A quote from their 121 page manual  "Flight1 Beechcraft Super King Air B200 represents an overhauled 1984 B200 refurbished with the Blackhawk Modifications XP52 Upgrade, Raisbeck EPIC modifications, and the Garmin G1000 system". Takes some time getting use to the G1000 and the systems, but once you do she a real fun aircraft to fly, hand flies nicely too! They also did a good job modeling the beta range on the props, includes a nice maintenance module which gives you some insight in the cost of repairs on this bird. 

D8/400: No better twin turbopro is "the" must have.

One of the best aircraft addons, and the best as commuter.

Is that you, Al, doing all those aerobatics in the Bronco? Wow, and to think I passed up on this agile twin so many times.

Going to phone Farnborough to to book you!

38 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Is that you, Al, doing all those aerobatics in the Bronco? Wow, and to think I passed up on this agile twin so many times.

Going to phone Farnborough to to book you!

Yeah, that Bronco is good fun to throw about since it was intended to be used mainly for FAC and COIN duties and was designed to a rather bizarre list of requirements, The original spec it was designed to meet called for a two seater twin which had to be stressed for +8 and -3G minimum, be able to reach 350mph, be able to operate from a carrier, able to take off from 800 feet of unprepared runway, be able to be converted to amphibious operation. It had to be armed with four machine guns with at least 2,000 rounds and also be able to equip a 20mm gun pod, bombs, rockets and be able to launch Sidewinder AAMs in addition to being able to carry and drop six paratroops. It also had to be capable of being repaired with basic tools, able to start up without any additional ground equipment and if necessary use high octane petrol fuel for cars instead of its regular fuel with only a minimum loss of power. In the end it did not reach all of those specs and was considered to be a little underpowered for use in SE Asia, but in trying to meet the requirements, which many other aircraft manufacturers including Grumman, Goodyear, Beechcraft, Douglas, Convair, Lockheed Boeing and Helio also had a go at doing, Rockwell did make an amazing aeroplane which beat all the other contenders, so it's no wonder it is such a good laugh to fly it.

It is especially fun to have if you've ever read this book linked to below, which is by a guy who used to write for a lot of US pilot magazines and who flew the OV-10 in Vietnam, his experiences there being the basis for the book. If you've never read it, I recommend you do, and prepare yourself for a treat, it is one of the best wartime bios ever written and will have you on the edge of your seat (think I must have read it about ten times, and it never gets boring lol), it has some good flying tips in it too by way of the narrative incidentally:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lonely-Kind-War-Forward-Controller/dp/0891416382

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for that, Al. Will take a look at that link. Could do with a good book to read for my long flight coming up next week.

Wow!!! The paperback costs more than the hardback? Really? Phew.