Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

[RESOLVED with KB4054517]Issues with PMDG aircraft and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (build 1709)

I am afraid the update did not resolve the issue for me either for the NGX, 777 or 747.  I haven't tried the Majestic Q400 or the FS Labs airbus as I have to reinstall them.  It seems like the main menu issue has been fixed when using the default Cessna but time will tell.

Can confirm no fix here as well with KB4048955, which by the way has nothing in the release notes about this issue with 32bit applications.

Aaargh!  Torches and Pitchforks!  Standing by...don't know for how long though.  Got lots invested over the years in FSX.  :takut:

David Russell

Commercial Pilot

Airplane Single Engine Land Instrument Airplane

The update did not fix mine as well

I guess its another month of no flight sim

Regards

Bob Laycock

For the ones that have the issue. Can you try to run the sim that is crashing in win8 compatibility mode and see if this solves the issue temporarily?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi

As requested tried it in windows 8 compatibility mode and it made no difference.  I still got the unable to create child window as soon as the sim started.

Regards

Bob Laycock

• Upvote 1

Installed the update a few moments ago, rebooted the computer. No joy - still the same issue. I'm running FSX-SE.

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hey guys.

A member of IVAO (Diego Alvarez Hernandez) made this post on the IVAO forum. In accordance to him - it should work. I have not tried it myself as i have no problems.

"Try this..

Locate and Delete these 5 folders, They will Generate again when you launch Prepar3D, This will remove any Previous settings or corrupt files 

Right Click and Delete the 5 folders, 

Documents ► Prepar3D v3 Add-ons

Documents ► Prepar3D v3 files

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

After that, Navigate to your core Prepar3D folder, Right Click on Prepar3D.exe and "Run as administrator" (Important)"

He did not mentioned anything about FSX-SE.

You can try it at your own risk.... as i´ve said, i have not tried it myself.

Kind regards.

48 minutes ago, MPH568 said:

Locate and Delete these 5 folders, They will Generate again when you launch Prepar3D,

Whoa! Be careful here, the document folders will be restored but they will be empty, you will lose all your add-on.xml files and all your saved scenarios.  I'd disregard this recommendation, following the troubleshooting guide in the LM P3D forum is much the same result but safer and I recommend it: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

A move towards X plane

Today I had the same .NET Framework errors ... After doing the best, all these gentlemen in the forums had suggest to the best of my ability. But as Sebastian among others have stated.. Even if you install everything, even windows from scratch the problem is still there. 
So the hypothesis of it being a LM Windows conflict is still standing.

Like the others in this thread and the fact I have been a loyal simmer to Microsoft Flightsimulator since.... 2000  
That's 17 years gentlemen.. I am fed up. 

This ongoing game of CTD-work in finding out what's going on.. And the sorry to say, the way LM shuffle their customers especially in this thread and the tread I link to here, have made me to the devastating decision to start op X plane.. 

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=127165&e=1&view=unread#unread

Have I used $4-5000 in 17 years... I wonder?

Today Microsoft came with the update to the win 10 error, I have win 7 64 bit and p3d v41 haven't been working for 3 week and nothing about the .NET framework error.

I have suggested LM to make scanning tools to sort out .cfg files and dll entries and all sorts of entries.

I think maybe I am in a wake up process to move to X-plane.

Regards 

Jens

• Upvote 1

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

14 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

For the ones that have the issue. Can you try to run the sim that is crashing in win8 compatibility mode and see if this solves the issue temporarily?

No change.

Was able do a flight in a CS 763, from KORD to EGLL, with no problems, until I shut engines down, then I got the Child Error :-( I was thinking it was only with PMDG AC, which I have all of them. Please hurry and get a fix on this!

I had also the problem in FSX : "Unsupported operation" and crash when choosing 'Go to airport' or 'Set time and date'. in the FSX menu.

I ran the program in Windows 7 compatiblity mode and no problem anymore so far, fingers crossed.

Dirk Nerinckx