Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

[RESOLVED with KB4054517]Issues with PMDG aircraft and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (build 1709)

1 hour ago, molleh said:

The issue being talked about in this thread is about FSX and P3D v3 because they're 32 bit apps.

That is not the impression I had after reading Tabs original post on page 1.   

I'll let someone else explain to you the rules for posting in the PMDG Support Forum.   :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

18 hours ago, simtom said:

Is this also affecting P3D v4 users?

Today I got a notification from Windows that the Falls Creator Update is ready to be installed on my system. Should I wait or are only 32-bit applications affected by this update?

I'm in the same situation as you, i have postponed the update untill more news about the fix for 1709-update...

FSX:SE, PMDG 737,747 AS16 GTX ORBX, REX Essentials + Overdrive, many airports, No problems at all. Only windows 1709 Clean installation.

Regards

On 14.11.2017 at 8:08 PM, coolken said:

Confirm! Same problem as before, PMDG does not load, simulator crashes.

My problem is with P3D v4.1!

2.5 hours with the 777 and FSX under 1709 today and, like I found with the NGX, no problems at all (apart from a dodgy pilot). This clearly doesn't affect everyone.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

3 hours ago, BillC said:

2.5 hours with the 777 and FSX under 1709 today and, like I found with the NGX, no problems at all (apart from a dodgy pilot). This clearly doesn't affect everyone.

Can you access FSX screens like date/time or options without error message also?

75% of the time or so my PMDG aircraft will load properly in FSX and everything basically works normally, except if I attempt to access one of those screens, I'll get an "unsupported operation attempted" error. And it's fairly random in that I can load/fly something from PMDG a dozen times in a row with no apparent issues, only for either the "child window" error to show again or the "unsupported operation attempted" to show up on the 13th time.

LIMC to LGAV with my new PMDG 747 (I bought it on Thursday) GSX, AS16 and EFASS no problems at all. I have noticed that

1) When PMDG 737 or 747 loads and before the initialization even starts if AS6 tries to update the weather i receive "Error Creating Child Window" (Solution: Load the AS16 after PMDG has finished loading)

2) While in flight many times i have noticed the windows blue hourglass spinning and the Simulator freezes for 30-40 sec. Solution (I don't touch anything and everything returns to normal).

3) Other times i have noticed that AS16 was frozen without a warning, if you had pressed CTRL + F11 for a weather update you would probably got  the  "Error Creating Child Window". Then the only way to get rid from it is to reboot the computer and make a clean exit from FSX.

That works for me, i have never tried to load FSX with compatibility mode. I think that Windows 10 architecture is very far away from FSX SE which was never updated. (Working under Win10 is pure Luck).

Regards

8 hours ago, molleh said:

Can you access FSX screens like date/time or options without error message also?

Yes, on this flight I deliberately changed the time on a couple of occasions because people had said it was an issue. I also recalibrated my joystick and generally used the menus more than I normally would as a test. Again no problem at all. I can't explain it but mine just doesn't seem to be affected :huh:

FYI this is running with AS16, FSC9, FSinn connected to Vatsim, in-house VA Acars, TS3 in the background and lots of scenery. All running on one machine.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

So it seems like I won't be affected by the update. I guess there's only one way to find out ...

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

1 minute ago, rrwhaley said:

Which Tue. day in Dec., will this update come on?

They tend to drop big updates on the second Tuesday of the month.

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

After running FSX in Windows 7 compatibility mode, I first thought the problem was solved.

But no luck, I still have the problem, always crash when selecting a menu like Save, Goto airport, etc.

Is there any news from Microsoft about the fix date ?

I've invested a lot of money in PMDG products and FSX add-ons and now it's almost unusable, can't even save a flight.

Rollback to a previous Windows 10 version is no option because according to Microsoft this is only possible within 10 days after installation of the new version.

Dirk Nerinckx

Hi to all of you, i have some information for you that may help.

Yesterday i decided to fly from EGLL to LGAV with PMDG 744 latest version. Efass AS16 and  GSX. After everything was loaded and before PMDG did it's 20sec system init. i got "Error Creating Child Window" and CTD.

I rebooted the system and tried again but no result. I decided to load one stock FSX: SE aircraft just to see if there was any difference. So  after the aircraft was loaded the GSX Update window popped up (there was an update). I did the update, i exited fsx and run it again with PMDG 744. Believe me, everything worked fine after that.

There must be something weird  with several windows when PMDG is loading or something is going to load before something else has finished loading (I suspect complex sceneries ). I will monitor it ASAP and will let you know about it.

Regards

What you will find if you load FSX and a complex aircraft (PMDG etc) repeatedly is that some of the time it will work fine, some of the time it won't. You might be able to load a dozen times in a row without the "child window" error, or you might get the error the next dozen times in a row.

Molly Norris

Yeah, Molleh i agree with you, the way i think about it is, just to find a solution to continue enjoying my Hobby (I' ve ordered a 29" 21:9 monitor and tomorrow will be delivered) without waiting Microsoft to find a solution especially for FSX which i believe is a "long shot". So i thing that the best we all have to do (we have invested a huge amount of money and effort so we can buy on more SSD it won't be a problem) is to use a dedicated WIndows 7 64 bit disk just for FSX.

Windows 10 may be used for all other stuff if it can.

Regards.