Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

[RESOLVED with KB4054517]Issues with PMDG aircraft and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (build 1709)

No issues on my end. 

The 'defer updates' is not available on the Windows 10 Home Editions (in general all Windows editions, which is aimed at the consumer market). The 'Defer Updates' switch, is meant for commercial and enterprise environments, where Windows Updates would need to go extensive testing, before being rolled out. 
Also, many companies and enterprises have their own Windows Updates servers (many using SCCM) to roll-out updates to their employees. It's not an accident, that Microsoft have left out the Defer Updates for end-users... :smile:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Neil, loading the default and then the 747 v3 crashes the sim for me. However, uninstalling the windows update that is causing the issue fixed it for me. Now I need to put my pc to sleep instead of shutting it down untill a proper windows update is released. If not my pc will update to the problematic patch once again.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Well that's a good thing to know, hopefully I'm on a Pro Windows 10 so updates are on hold until further notice from PMDG :) 

Hopefully if there are any security updates I can apply them manually to stay safe in the time it takes for the issue to be sorted.

44 minutes ago, serviceceiling said:

Windows 10 is a bag of rice.

It flourishes mostly in China and Japan,  or...?

• Upvote 5

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I have rolled back my version of Windows but am still having issues with PMDG Aircraft since downloading the latest updates to the 737 fleet. - FSX:SE just crashes?

I would like to try a complete renewal of the PMDG suite may I ask for assistance please on how this should be completed - i.e. complete renewal and reinstallation?

Guest alanmetcalf

I upgraded to pro so that I could roll back , but I am still having the same problem with the 737, I have not yet tried my 747.

I was impacted by this and PMDG tech support was very helpful in explaining what was going on and some potential mitigation tips to uninstall various offending KBs. Luckily I had made  a disk image before updating W10 so I was able to return to a 1703 W10 version. In the future I will be reluctant to update W10 given the potential to break the sim and PMDG aircraft.

Scott Robinson

Scott Robinson

I have now rolled back the Windows version and reverted to a saved cgf file - however the effect on the graphics having carried out a Steam check integrity now means a full FSX:SE reinstall which is a real pain because of REX, ORBX and all the many airport add-ons I have. The only consolation will be the clean install...

17 hours ago, alanmetcalf said:

I upgraded to pro so that I could roll back

Hey Allen,

The only reason I'm posting this is for the benefit of future readers of this thread.

One doesn't need to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro in order to be able to roll back updates. However Windows 10 Pro will allow you to Block updates, and there are other ways (software) that will block updates for you.

I mention this for people who may have limited finances.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Guest alanmetcalf

Thanks for correcting me Dave, sorry all.

Yes I found that out now, the reason  I cant roll back is because I deleted system protection files. I always do that after an update to safe space. 

So I have the problem with pro version. I look forward to the OS fix next month.

My OS downloaded and prepped for 1709 to install. It is requesting a reboot but hasn't yet. Is there anyway I can remove what it has started since I did NOT reboot yet and the install did not finish?

Try to turn off the update manually, if the pc wants to instal update after that, then im sorry to say there is nothing you could do. 

Stefan Djordjevic