Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

[RESOLVED with KB4054517]Issues with PMDG aircraft and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (build 1709)

On 23-10-2017 at 4:47 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

It doesn't exist on the Home version.

I have Win10 Home.

I you go to Windows update, then Update settings, click on Restart Options, you then can pick a day for the restart, and then every day postpone the restart.

I guess max 35 days?  

Offcourse the update is already downloaded, so it is tricky when shutting down, you have to choose the right option (No restart!) or your gone:angry:

1 hour ago, headley said:

I have Win10 Home.

I you go to Windows update, then Update settings, click on Restart Options, you then can pick a day for the restart, and then every day postpone the restart.

I guess max 35 days?  

Offcourse the update is already downloaded, so it is tricky when shutting down, you have to choose the right option (No restart!) or your gone:angry:

Ah hah!  Nice trick.  There is also some excellent software that will block the download, but I can tell you from experience to make sure you have Cortana activated and working (because I believe they shut her down as well) before you go for an update, otherwise your system will be messed up after the update. Happened to me last Fall, just before I was to host the annual flight sim web conference.  Took me sitting at the computer for 55 hours straight to get Windows installed, updated and MOST of the software installed, finished 30 minutes until the web conference was to start. I'm not in a hurry to repeat that!

By the way for anyone who cares, this year's Flight Sim Web Conference is November 25th at 5pm UTC/GMT. For into on the Online Virtual Pilots Association Facebook Page.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

4 hours ago, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

Are there any news regarding patch release / confirmation by MS?

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

I'm not sure but I would say they probably don't really know either at Lockheed Martin and PMDG. 
Though I can tell you that the general process is that they have a big patch day each months the "patch tuesday", and that usually it's around the middle of the month, so there might be Windows updates releasing tomorrow, but no way of knowing what will be inside.

Usually Microsoft now almost never make patch avaialble on a daily basis unless they have to fix a really critical bug.

I really hope that we´ll get a fix tomorrow.... I rolled back to version 1703 and everything works like it should. After that i updated to 1709 again and my FSX becomes a mess -..-

I'm still getting CTD's in SE when trying to access windows from within the sim with today's windows 10 update. I've seen the error creating child window too.

-Seth Goodwin

I was able to download the update (KB4048955) but the problem is not resolved. I always have the damned mistake at the start of the flight. It's really frustrating that MS does not solve the problem created by them! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

6 minutes ago, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

I was able to download the update (KB4048955) but the problem is not resolved. I always have the damned mistake at the start of the flight. It's really frustrating that MS does not solve the problem created by them! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

Confirm! Same problem as before, PMDG does not load, simulator crashes.

I've gotten all 3 of my PMDG planes to load in Steam now (NGX, 777, QOTSII). My problem is doing anything like say I got the urge to pull up the in-sim map, or merely hitting the escape key to pull up the end sim/exit flight menu causes a CTD. That level of instability has me doubtful that I could actually complete an hour or more flight.

-Seth Goodwin

Guest alanmetcalf

I confirm also KB4048955 has not resolved the problem, same as coolken and mrnuke + child window error still on clicking instruments.  

51 minutes ago, alanmetcalf said:

I confirm also KB4048955 has not resolved the problem, same as coolken and mrnuke + child window error still on clicking instruments.  

Hey Alan, that's not good news.  Didn't Lockheed Martin say they had tested the update?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Guest alanmetcalf

I/we, will have to wait for an official comment from people in the know.

After the update, loaded up fsx.. loaded ngx ... cycled through panels, gauges, cycled through outside views. Back in the vc cycled through all panels and gauges again and then just sat

there and listened to the engines for awhile, then ended flight. No child window errors, no nothing. exited fsx ..again no errors. I did not fly, but everything seems to be back to normal

for me.