Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

[RESOLVED with KB4054517]Issues with PMDG aircraft and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (build 1709)

Hi

Here is my way of getting through this terror

1 Start FSX and then I load a simple aircraft flight
2 Close FSX
3 Start FSX again and now it starts quicker (cache?) and then I load a simple aircraft again.
4 Now I load my real flight, generally starting at the gate.

Almost every time I now manage to fly from A to B without any problems. I'm saving flights so I don't need to start it all over again just in case
Besides that I try to avoid using menues.

Usually after landing and taxing to the gate the "save flight" and any other meny choices do not work any longer, but then it doesn't matter

I would say that these problems are effected ny memory usage.

Most experience with

Aircraft: Quality Wings 787 (just as complex as PMDG, probably more)
ATC: Pro ATC X (from where I save my flights)

Mats

Hi MSEDER, could you give us a list of your add ons?

Regards

Yesterday i tried to run FSX:SE and with PMDG i had the usual mistake "creating child window" after iniziatiling loading process while with Airbus Aerosoft no problem, i can fly but at the end of flight when i active the menù bar for exit i had a crash to desktop. 
I run FSX:SE with compatibility Win 7 with amministration privilege. And first run FSX:SE i do a restarting the system with Win 10 Pro. With this method i can use the sim but no PMDG for the moment.

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

P3D V4.1 // Windows 10 Pro 64. Updated to Fall Creators Build update 2 weeks ago. Immediately experienced issues; when starting preflight in the NGX, if I looked over either shoulder or up at the overhead, my FPS cut from a solid 60 to 30 FPS. And I’m not talking about a smooth 30, screen was lagged looking around. Uninstalled Nvidia drivers, did a clean install and same issue. Rolled back the driver problem went away. I went on the Nvidia forum, severe game performance issues regarding Fall Creators build are very well documented...the problem is I experienced this after the “fix” mid November. 

14 hours ago, davidzill said:

I went on the Nvidia forum, severe game performance issues regarding Fall Creators build are very well documented...the problem is I experienced this after the “fix” mid November. 

My Win 10 1603 was updated to 1709 14 Nov as well, but much to my surprise it happened without a hiccup.  I'm still on 388.13 driver so maybe that is my plain blind luck.

I did have update problems initially with 1603, but unrelated to the 1709 build.  By the time 1709 arrived, I was able to run SFC /scannow error free.  For now on, I plan to run SFC weekly.

Dan Downs KCRP

53 minutes ago, downscc said:

My Win 10 1603 was updated to 1709 14 Nov as well, but much to my surprise it happened without a hiccup.  I'm still on 388.13 driver so maybe that is my plain blind luck.

I did have update problems initially with 1603, but unrelated to the 1709 build.  By the time 1709 arrived, I was able to run SFC /scannow error free.  For now on, I plan to run SFC weekly.

I ran Sfc, etc, no errors. For now I’ll stay with the previous build. My windows 10 runs absolutely great...so if it’s not broke, why fix it lol? Also ran CCleaner registry repair which found a full page worth of errors which were fixed. 

3 minutes ago, davidzill said:

Also ran CCleaner registry repair which found a full page worth of errors which were fixed.

Careful with these...

I used to use CCleaner for years in conjunction with AdAware, SpyBot, and Norton, but dispensed with all three over time. First Norton, for AdAware, for essentially becoming an insane resource hog. Later SpyBot, simply out of convenience (though I think it's the least offensive of the programs). Norton got the ax as soon as Defender came out (a decision I'm increasingly glad about, given how awful the state of AV programs are now). CCleaner was one of the last programs that I'd kept around to clean up temp files, and resolve reg errors, but I'm seeing an increasing number of forum posts and support tickets with registry oddities, and those oddities shouldn't otherwise be present unless something is ripping through the registry. Not willing to pin it on CCleaner fully, but just a word of caution...

Kyle Rodgers

Hi All,

I have used CC Cleaner for years. I run it about once a month.  Also, let Defender run.  Knock on wood, I guess.

Jerry Friz

23 hours ago, Dio said:

Hi MSEDER, could you give us a list of your add ons?

Regards

Hi DIO

Add-ons?!
Every aircraft and every scenario? that would be a veeery long list.

I do encounter the problems with PMDG 737, 777 and 745 as well and other aircrafts

I also use to run Navigraph Charts Desktop and Active skies 2016, it doesn't seem to make a change

I get the problem even when using compability W8 and W7

I encounter that child window message but mostly something like: "unsopported command"

I gladly help out so get back with questions

Abd...my scenario seem very stable

Mats

Hi MSEDER, i suspect add ons with popups inside FSX, like GSX or AS16, i have the feeling that they try to load before PMDG aircraft is started the 20 sec initialization count down. I 've noticed that if you get the error "...Child window" the initialization will never continue. It's frozen although it gives you the the feeling that it works. Usually it is GSX update window that causes this behavior. Compatibility mode is something i 've never used. We 'll have to wait for Microsoft i guess... or back to Windows 7.

Regards

UPDATE

I found that if you get the Error creating child window before starting PMDG Initialization and there is some fuctionality left going to FSX Menu Flight/Reset everything goes back to normal. Please try it and Report any Result. I tried it and it worked.

Thank you in advance.

Hi there, I've just installed KB4051963. Guess what!!! The Problem is NOT SOLVED. I think that the only Solution may come from PMDG guys.

42 minutes ago, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

We need to wait for the mid-month MS patch to see if the problem will be resolved

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

So FSX: SE , Aerosoft A321, GSX. REX Essent. + Overdrive. AS16, ORBX Vector, Global, Europe, Various Airports. No problem at all with Aerosoft, PMDG i think has ( ? ) the problem for the time being with Fall Creators Update. Today i realized that AI Suite III failed to set up. That happened to many users ater Fall Creators Update.

:angry:

Regards

I also noticed today that AS16 (P3Dv4) no longer launches. I need to use Windows 8 compatibility mode.  

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.