Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

[RESOLVED with KB4054517]Issues with PMDG aircraft and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (build 1709)

17 minutes ago, simtom said:

I also noticed today that AS16 (P3Dv4) no longer launches. I need to use Windows 8 compatibility mode.  

That is not normal.  I don't have a problem with AS16 in build 1709.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 minute ago, downscc said:

That is not normal.  I don't have a problem with AS16 in build 1709.

Hmm, that's interesting. Now, as long as it launches while using the compatibility mode I'm not complaining but there's obviously something not working correctly.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I and a number of people I fly with have still never seen this issue. PMDG said it was affecting a "subset" of people but thus far I can't spot what that subset have in common! Does anyone know?

One thought crossed my mind - I always have FS in windowed mode. Does anyone who uses windowed mode experience the child window problem?

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Yes..I do..I have been stuck with updates from Microsoft as time had already passed before I realized what they messed up. The latest update to 1709, OS build 16299.98, has helped because I have been able to complete a flight with the 777 in fsx-se. However, the 737 brings up the error creating child window the first time you try to use the menu, followed by crash to desktop. I have heard the Aerosoft A320 is working as well but I haven't had time to confirm it. Also, Fs2crew is also a possible problem.

Hi BillC, dbrashears, I confirm that Aerosoft A320/1 is not affected, yesterday i completed a flight and exited FSX without a problem with EFASS, GSX, REX, AS16, ORBX, HD-Airports RAAS loaded. PMDG can work, if it loads (check my posts how to do that).

Regards

Hi BillC,

Yes I have the problem in FSX windowed mode. Why can't Microsoft tell us what the subset is ? If we know that, we could probably do something about it.

Dirk Nerinckx

I updated Windows 10 this morning and with a tremor started FSX.  Last time, after the Windows 10 update, no PMDG aircraft worked.  

Well, I started FSX, and managed to fly the 747, 777 and 737 NGX.  Started at FALE (King Shaka) and flew to FAOR (OR Tambo).  No problem whatsoever.  

What happened? Is the culprit update fixed, or am I just lucky?

Too scared to try again...:) :)

Hi hermannk1,

Have you also tried to use the menus, like Goto Airport, Set Time, etc ?

I have no problem flying the PMDG aircrafts. On my system, the error and crash only occurs when selecting a menu that popups a window.

Hi all, today I tried to start the sim with 737ngx doing this simple modification to the executable file of FSX (FSX Steam Edition):
right click on the executable fsx.exe and activate the mode compatible with Win 7, check "run as administrator" and check "disable full screen optimization".
To my surprise, I have initialized everything without giving the fatal error "creating child windows". Also trying to open the instrument windows, no errors.
Before making this change, it always stopped with the PMDG during initialization (at 80%) with error and CDT of the sim. Only thing that error (application does not support) only in closing the flight from the menu bar.
I have not tried without compatibility with Win 7 active if it works the same and I have not had the opportunity to perform a complete flight.
If you have a way try a test to see if the problem can be avoided while waiting for the fix (hopefully) of MS.

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

I just installed the fall creators update and I am having a different problem. P3dv4 is autostarting as I turn on my PC. It is like it wants me to play p3d everytime lol.

And no it is not listed in my startup programs. Weird problem :blink:

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Hi, I updated to Windows Fall Creators just 3 nights ago and the first time I jumped into my PMDG 737 cockpit

I got the "Error creating child window" and had to press OK twice to get rid of it.

I never saw that error again even after a few nights of flying, however I noticed I had shimmering objects

Runway lines, light poles, any strait edge I guess, and I remember'd after doing an update

I always have to go into Nvidia Inspector and change

Antialiasing - Behavior Flags to NONE

Antialiasing - Mode to Override any application setting

Antialiasing - Setting to 8xS (Combined: 1x2 SS +4x MS) 

Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling  to 2x Sparce Grid Supersamling

And that has always fixed the shimmering in the past but not this time so after a few frustrating hours 

I decided to uninstall the last update of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Wella! the problem is fixed!

I can keep my original Nvidia Inspector settings and the Shimmering has gone.

I just thought that I'd share my experience with you all.

My FSX Build is CPU 7700k. GPU MSI 1070.  RAM  Corsair Vengance 3200 MHz. Intel 600p Series 1 TB M.2 PCIE SSD

with Windows on a separate drive same as above but 500GB, MB Asus  ROG Maximus X Hero.

Cooling NZXT Kraken x62.  PSU Corsair HX750i 750w. Samsung 27" 4K Monitor.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place I'm very new to posting online.

Jason Allen.

Has anyone got any definitive word from Microsoft about this, such as a timetable for this to be fixed? 

Bob Bressert

1 hour ago, bobterri said:

Has anyone got any definitive word from Microsoft about this, such as a timetable for this to be fixed? 

I think around 12 december with the "MS month update".

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

2 hours ago, bobterri said:

Thanks, Gianmarco, do you have a link for where you got this information?

Not exactly the date but this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054150/issues-when-windows-10-fall-creators-update-calls-createwindowex-for-s says that MS should fix with a fix in the next update which is usually every half of the month, so I suppose around December 12th.

Gianmarco Ragazzoni