Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

[RESOLVED with KB4054517]Issues with PMDG aircraft and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (build 1709)

14 hours ago, bobterri said:

Thanks, Gianmarco, do you have a link for where you got this information?

There is a post in LM forums that they also indicate the same day for a fix

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 hours ago, Gerardius said:

My Windows 10 Pro got an update (KB4051963). I must install P3D v4.1 and a PMDG airplane to test if the problems are gone...

Did you first load a default plane? >So there are no problems!

Change with a PMDG Airplane an airport, then there is a crash in P3D.

7 hours ago, coolken said:

Did you first load a default plane? >So there are no problems!

Change with a PMDG Airplane an airport, then there is a crash in P3D.

In fact, I installed P3D v4.1 and it worked fine with the default aircraft (before uninstalling I didn't even load the configuration page).

I then install PMDG 737 NGX, start P3D again... and return to the previous black screen. I mean, nothing's changed.

I try uninstalling PMDG and reopen P3D... it never opens again. This looks ugly.

Conclusion, uninstalled P3D again from my disk, and to enjoying X-Plane 11.10, something unthinkable for me all these years of fidelity to FSX/P3D

Greetings

Gerard Cabezón
Check my Youtube's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardius

On 2017-12-04 at 9:36 PM, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

right click on the executable fsx.exe and activate the mode compatible with Win 7, check "run as administrator" and check "disable full screen optimization".

Hi gianmarcoragazzoni
Is this still working?

Aerosoft A321 has the problem.
Try loading a flight 2 times in a row

Mats

As mentioned previously, I and several others have never seen this child window problem - until yesterday when I discovered a situation where I can trigger it, every single time, and it's very strange.

I've done loads of test flights trying to see if I'll ever suffer from it with no issue. I had total confidence that I'm 'clean' until  I loaded the 777 on the threshold of 33 at EGBB and it threw the error creating child window! So I tried it again and it failed again. I tried runway 15 with no problem, I tried numerous different parts of the airport and found it only fails when loading at the very southern end of the airport when facing parallel to or on 33. Most odd. The NGX and 744 are fine there but the 777 is guaranteed to suffer. 

So, all my flights and locations have been fine and I still have complete confidence but I do now have a perfect test for any alleged fix. Very weird and I don't have a clue as to why just that small area is a problem :blink:

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Hi.

The B777 on installation offers an addon for telling you which runway you are about to enter , i never bothered with this addon for my FSX so always have a message come up every time i boot up FSX , that i hit the no button , because this addon program is now out of date , do you have this addon , and if so could that be the cause , i have the B737-900 , which this addon does not apply to  , so dont know if this addon is added to the B747 or not.

regards Alan Cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.

16 minutes ago, SO666 said:

Hi.

The B777 on installation offers an addon for telling you which runway you are about to enter , i never bothered with this addon for my FSX so always have a message come up every time i boot up FSX , that i hit the no button , because this addon program is now out of date , do you have this addon , and if so could that be the cause , i have the B737-900 , which this addon does not apply to  , so dont know if this addon is added to the B747 or not.

regards Alan Cottrill.

Good idea! No, RAAS is totally disabled on my system (module removed from DLL.XML).

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

14 hours ago, mseder said:

Hi gianmarcoragazzoni
Is this still working?

Aerosoft A321 has the problem.
Try loading a flight 2 times in a row

Mats

In the weekend I will try to make a complete flight with PMDG, for now with that change and a test that I carried out loaded me all right while before it was not loaded and I had CTD. Aerosoft, except in rare cases, has never given me the error and I have completed several flights.

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

7 hours ago, BillC said:

As mentioned previously, I and several others have never seen this child window problem - until yesterday when I discovered a situation where I can trigger it, every single time, and it's very strange.

I've done loads of test flights trying to see if I'll ever suffer from it with no issue. I had total confidence that I'm 'clean' until  I loaded the 777 on the threshold of 33 at EGBB and it threw the error creating child window! So I tried it again and it failed again. I tried runway 15 with no problem, I tried numerous different parts of the airport and found it only fails when loading at the very southern end of the airport when facing parallel to or on 33. Most odd. The NGX and 744 are fine there but the 777 is guaranteed to suffer. 

So, all my flights and locations have been fine and I still have complete confidence but I do now have a perfect test for any alleged fix. Very weird and I don't have a clue as to why just that small area is a problem :blink:

Hi there, i have the same symptoms, when you get the Error try to reset the flight from FSX menu/flights. I suspect that the FSX loading procedure is not finished when the aircraft module is going to load. In most cases the workaround i proposed works.

Regards

Windows 10 had a new, large update this week.  This, however, did nothing to correct the problem with my FSX PMDG/A2A aircraft.  Currently, they are all still affected by that one rogue update.  Seems to me I shall have to uninstall all my FSX PMDG/A2A aircraft and store them for whenever in the future this problem is solved.  Yes, I know there are so many ideas on how to overcome this problem, but surely it is not up to me as the end-user to come up with solutions.

Edited by hermannk1
More aircraft involved

17 hours ago, Dio said:

Hi there, i have the same symptoms, when you get the Error try to reset the flight from FSX menu/flights. I suspect that the FSX loading procedure is not finished when the aircraft module is going to load. In most cases the workaround i proposed works.

Your situation is very different to mine (you're loading all sorts of stuff like GSX that I don't) and as mentioned I never suffer from the issue during normal flights, I was only testing when I found it and it failed every time, predictably, with fresh starts, loading saved situiations, resets etc etc.

In any case it's a bit of a red herring it seems. Testing the same scenario yesterday produced  no error at all. So since I just don't get it on my usual flying escapades I'm going to forget it for now.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

On 12/8/2017 at 11:29 AM, BillC said:

Your situation is very different to mine (you're loading all sorts of stuff like GSX that I don't) and as mentioned I never suffer from the issue during normal flights, I was only testing when I found it and it failed every time, predictably, with fresh starts, loading saved situiations, resets etc etc.

In any case it's a bit of a red herring it seems. Testing the same scenario yesterday produced  no error at all. So since I just don't get it on my usual flying escapades I'm going to forget it for now.

Hi this is what i found in Steam forum

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054150/issues-when-windows-10-fall-creators-update-calls-createwindowex-for-s

Regards.