Sign in to follow this  
joefremont

Around the world in 175 days part 41: El Paso, Tucson

September 20, 1924:  After only an hour they were able to repair the fuel pump on Boston II and add some fuel and oil to the tanks and they were off for El Paso, Texas.  As the came in to park the crowd that was there to welcome them surged through the police line and surrounded them and prevented the flyers from servicing there aircraft.   That evening there was another banquet where they were given more gifts of local significance.

October 21, 2017: For the next leg I will be using the Beech King Air 350.  Originally known as the Super King Air, the Super King Air family first flew in 1972 and is still in production, the longest production run of any civilian turboprop aircraft in its class. By 2015 over 3700 have been built.  The model I am using is the default model that comes with P3D and is basically the same one as has been part of MSFS for quite some time, and is showing its age, but I flew this quite a bit back in the day and always liked it.  The flight to El Paso was uneventful, Heavy rain and lightning over Sweetwater delayed departure for a while but was soon in the air after is passed.  Flying at around 8000 feet and landed at Biggs Army Air Field in El Paso, Texas. The 303nm flight took 1.4 hours.  Sorry I forgot to record the weather.

Here are the pics:

wc.7.11.1.jpg
Ready for takeoff.

wc.7.11.2.jpg
Climbing out of Sweetwater.

wc.7.11.3.jpg
Lots of flat out here.

wc.7.11.4.jpg
Glamour Shots.

wc.7.11.5.jpg
Hills as we get closer to El Paso.

wc.7.11.6.jpg
Cruisin.

wc.7.11.7.jpg
Suns getting lower, hope we get there soon.

wc.7.11.8.jpg
Landed.

October 22, 2017:  For the next leg I will be using the General Dynamics F-16.  The F-16 Fighting Falcon is a single-engine fighter aircraft by General Dynamics for the USAF. Over 4,500 aircraft have been built since 1976. The Fighting Falcon's key features include a frameless bubble canopy, side-mounted control stick, a seat reclined 30 degrees to reduce the effect of g-forces, and the first use of a relaxed static stability/fly-by-wire flight control system. The F-16 has also used by the air forces of 25 other nations. As of 2015, it is the most numerous airplane in military service.  The Model I am using is the one that comes as a default aircraft in P3D V4 and is nice.  

The flight was uneventful, clear skies with 8 knot winds and a temperature of 17C/63F.  Keeping at 8000 feet and 50% power I think this is the fastest leg yet, cruising at 625 knots, I did not want to go faster as I was worried about using up all the fuel before reaching Tucson 230 nm away.  As it is, the flight only took 29 minutes including taxi time.  

Here are the pics:

wc.7.12.1.jpg
Ready to go.

wc.7.12.2.jpg
Glamour shots.

wc.7.12.3.jpg
Cruising

wc.7.12.4.jpg
Along the mountians.

wc.7.12.5.jpg
Along the mountians.

wc.7.12.6.jpg
Selfie.

wc.7.12.7.jpg
On final.

wc.7.12.8.jpg
Landed.

Thanks for reading.
ATB.

• Upvote 3

the amazing flyers with life - threatening challenges...great looking screenshots!

HLJAMES

Almost home, but not quite.  What are you thinking of doing as an encore?

18 hours ago, woodhick said:

Almost home, but not quite.  What are you thinking of doing as an encore?

My next post here should get be back to my starting point, but like them the mission is not finished till I get to Seattle.

Not sure how I would top this in an encore?  Any suggestions?

Quoting:  Not sure how I would top this in an encore?  Any suggestions?

Danged if I know.  Wiley Post's RTW flight in the Vega?