Sign in to follow this  
peter curtis

AI carriers

Did you ask for permission nicely?  Can we all assume you have a version of AI Carriers installed?

You need to give a lot more info.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

AI Carriers is installed.I went to settings and lowered slider to bottom in UAC,but this made no difference.I took screen shot of message,but can not see how to attach.It goes.......C:\Program Files\AICarriers\aicarriers.cfg You do not have permission to open this file.See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission.

Well, the next thing to ask is....What AI Carriers.cfg are you trying to add?  Where did you download from and what is the file name?

About posting screenshots......

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I read the posting images page,but it was too involved for me.On other sites I just take a screen shot and paste it onto the word ' attachment'.The cfg files I was trying to add were from USS_America_CV_66_1.5_FSX.Today I have tried again.added the files to AICarrierscfg,and then instead of clicking the top righthand corner cross to exit the page,I shut down the computer.On restarting FSX,the files are available in the AICarriers drop down menu,and I can use them!Thanks for your replies.

Glad you got it working!  Any image for posting on this site will need the use of a Hosting site.

Charlie Aron

On ‎22‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 9:33 PM, peter curtis said:

It says I do not have permission to add to AI Carriers cfg What is solution.

By now, I figured that your problem is NOT "permission by the person that created AI-Carriers" BUT that Windows doesn't allow you to save changes you made in the .cfg file .. Right ??

The best way to avoid such problems, is to install FSX (and anything added as addon) OUTSIDE the default \Programs\ folder.

Which avoids all these dreaded MS-Windows file protection issues.