Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

FSLabs A320 or upcoming AS A320 for v4?

8 hours ago, Chock said:

Not 'some of the developers' the lead developer, who was also the technical director too. That's not an insignificant role, it's essentially the main roles and the driving force behind the production of what a company creates. Thus it was in very large part the work Lefteris did whilst he was at PMDG which is the foundation for the reputation they enjoy today. 

I'm not suggesting he was solely responsible for their success, obviously a lot of that is to do with the management having the drive to make things happen too, but to suggest Lefteris is nothing to do with it would make about as much sense as suggesting Paul McCartney was nothing to do with the success of The Beatles because he isn't in The Beatles any longer.

And that drive is now part of FSL and is what got their Concorde done and the A320, which it is worth noting, was tried by very many companies unsuccessfully before FSL managed to pull it off and until they did so, it was a popular opinion that it couldn't even be done for an ESP platform, so if that doesn't tell you that he is the guy who gets things done, then nothing will.

Say whatever you want, PMDG still wins

7 hours ago, swiesma said:

If you want the best A320 Simulation you gotta pay for it and it’s worth it. 

Bur for simply flying from a to b without anything else - you go with the AS Bus. 

I will never understand why people complain about the price for such a complex software. Years of development and people need to get paid for their work. And if you don’t like the price - don’t buy it. But looking at the specs of the Fslabs Bus it is well worth the price. 

Settle down. What's the next cost you're prepared for:$500. 00? Maybe $1000.00?It's people like you who are driving the cost of this hobby into the stratosphere. I've flown Aerosoft's  airbus for years. Perfectly fine. 

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

The AS Airbus is very enjoyable for normal operations and visually can be improved by HD textures: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F96160-4096px-hd-virtual-cockpit-preview%2F

Links: http://flightsimcentral.net/aerosoft-airbus-family-hd-virtual-cockpit-textures/

So for enjoying a normal flight with a feel of an airbus, the Aerosoft version would be sufficient.

BUT:

What I like about the FSlabs bus is the possibilty that something can randomly fail mid-flight, and you can work out the correct procedures to solve the problem. This can also happen in a real flight, and in fact there are a lot of smaller things happen in the cockpit that paxes do not realize. And be it just a defekt circuit breaker or a strange autopilot behaviour.

This gives me a much better immersion, because you never know whether something will fail during your flight. For this reason, I also activate random failures in all my flights using PMDG aircrafts. Most of the time, nothing will happen and the flight continues without any events.

What I do not like about the FSlabs airbus is the horrible taxi and braking behaviour if you use hardware rudder pedals. It has been discussed so many times in their forums, but even the latest *215 version does not allow to break down the bus gently during taxi. Only FSUIPC and editing the aircraft.cfg will help a little, but it is by far the worst airliner aircraft to taxi compared to PMDG and AS airbus.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

20 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

What I do not like about the FSlabs airbus is the horrible taxi and braking behaviour if you use hardware rudder pedals. It has been discussed so many times in their forums, but even the latest *215 version does not allow to break down the bus gently during taxi. Only FSUIPC and editing the aircraft.cfg will help a little, but it is by far the worst airliner aircraft to taxi compared to PMDG and AS airbus.

Within FSUIPC you can set the slope for each brake pedal to improve the braking.  I use a slope of 7 or 8 and my brakes are now working perfectly fine.

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

7 hours ago, joemiller said:

Wow, you made money while you fly this a./c. You said it paid for itself. And you say the sounds are poor, and the cockpit look is poor. Ahahaha. Get off those drugs, dude.

Learn to read Joe.

Aerosoft sound is poor asrosoft cockpit is poor.

I spent more than 150 hours flying this plane. Try to find another hobby that costs 1$ an hour. That's what I mean by paying for itself.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Say whatever you want, PMDG still wins

main-qimg-d4225fbf19939f09144f607964e65b

• Upvote 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

Could not disagree more.

Its the only airliner I know  that on a long taxi almost stay on line all the time it needed the minimum of steering to keep it that way unlike PMDG. The tiller is perfect for corning.

I use Rudders and I have no problem with braking to whatever speed I need , Brake down to 7Ks and I can hit that target every time From any speed.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Settle down. What's the next cost you're prepared for:$500. 00? Maybe $1000.00?It's people like you who are driving the cost of this hobby into the stratosphere. I've flown Aerosoft's  airbus for years. Perfectly fine. 

People like me.... I loled. 

:-D

you mean people who understand how much work is done with these products and are ok to pay 100 bucks for countless hours of joy?

Ok. I am proud to be „like me“. 

• Upvote 2

I see a lot of YouTube videos where the user's aircraft is swerving all over the runway from left to right. Is it that difficult to use a manual rudder? I watch those videos and think....that looks rubbish.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@swiesma : yeah, You! How dare you spend the equivalent of two XBOX games worth of money on one addon that you'd probably get more entertainment out of?! Why are you more like us who are happy with half a cockpit being modeled and a dodgy-at-best fly by wire system?!!1111!

@Nyxx. Dave, post whatever you want. Mitch24 still wins.

(I'm obviously joking. I love these threads :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

9 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I see a lot of YouTube videos where the user's aircraft is swerving all over the runway from left to right. Is it that difficult to use a manual rudder? I watch those videos and think....that looks rubbish.

No, it's not that difficult at all, in my experience. I do use FSUIPC and set a customized slope for brake input; the rudder works without modification (CH Products Pro Pedals).

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

44 minutes ago, swiesma said:

People like me.... I loled. 

:-D

you mean people who understand how much work is done with these products and are ok to pay 100 bucks for countless hours of joy?

Ok. I am proud to be „like me“. 

I guess if P3D (LM) started charging you the equivalent "work"  which was/is done on the product which actually allows FSLabs to operate its addon (and hence multiplied more complex than your beloved addon)  let's say $1000 for every incarnation, you would also be proud to be you?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

It's a matter of how much you want to pay really. Paying the price for a Ford Fusion won't get you a Lamborghini Huracan. People just wanting a somewhat accurate simulation of an Airbus who just want the A320 and don't care about if the underlying systems aren't accurately simulated will go for the AS and people wanting a fully fledged and accurate A320 simulation will go for the FSL. It just depends on how much you are willing to pay and if you value the accurateness of the FSL $100 more than the AS. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

I guess if P3D (LM) started charging you the equivalent "work"  which was/is done on the product which actually allows FSLabs to operate its addon (and hence multiplied more complex than your beloved addon)  let's say $1000 for every incarnation, you would also be proud to be you?

I wouldn't buy it and no go to a forum and start complaining about how hard life is or how poor I am -.-