Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

FSLabs A320 or upcoming AS A320 for v4?

8 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Fantastic side-by-side - hadn't been aware of it.  Thanks for sharing.

The FSL is more impressive in every respect except frame rates, where it's not impressive at all - assuming, of course, that the videos are showing performance accurately.  

You forgot one aspect, the Aerosoft Airbus is capable of Sharing-Cockpit, which makes it a no-brainer for me when it comes out since there are so few addons that have it.

3 hours ago, Bloody said:

You forgot one aspect, the Aerosoft Airbus is capable of Sharing-Cockpit, which makes it a no-brainer for me when it comes out since there are so few addons that have it.

Does the FO INOP side of the VC work then, so you can use the FO MDCU and set the F-Plan page and have PROG on the Captain's side. Set TERR FO and have a Different range set. So you can both work as in how it's really done. Have independent Baro's that you both cross check. List goes on...

Does all that work with Sharing Cockpit because that would be great fun!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

16 hours ago, Nyxx said:

That Topic is Full of BS.

This is one of the most ridiculous statements I've had the misfortune to read.

"More expensive never means better!"

Really! 

So an Audi is not better than a Dacia and a Roll Royce is not better than a Audi.

one also gets two aircraft and for just a little bit more you can get 4 different Airbuses

No you dont get two aircraft or 4 you just get half a VC and a fake other half and external models nothing else.  

The saying thats fits better is "You get what you pay for " granted it not always right but "More expensive never means better!" :laugh:

Like you get more than one working MCDU, more than one side of the VC working, Pop up screens unlike Mr Kok showing making new views "Undocking views is a standard function of the sim".:laugh:

O and light that works like lights and a simulation of an aircraft as in using P3D as a "simulator"  not playing as a captain "game".

Anyone can enjoy it for what it is, each to there own but don't start trying to compare the two please, because its like buying one from here

TRU_front-Copy-1-845x684.jpg

and one from here

csm_Airbus_US_Manufacturing_Facility_Mob

:biggrin:!

Really enjoyed the allusion in the photos!

Since I am pretending to fly an Airbus on a personal computer, the main features I would consider paramount and uniquely able to be reproduced on a personal computer, are the FMC features.

The simulation that is able to reproduce an accurate model of the Smith's Thales FMS, will be the one that interests me, irespective of cost.

The Airbus is basically it's FMCGU. I doubt if either simulation can reproduce the multi million dollar simulators, when it comes down to flight Dynamics. In that respect they both originate in the top most photograph!:happy:

So when the Aerosoft Buses are released, I will await to see what's been implemented in their FMC's.  

Ultimately, if either could land in the Hudson, with APU only, (stick full back just before touchdown) I will be impressed! But would you need to disable collision detection?!:biggrin:

Best regards

David

Hi Dave,

With the new v4 you have 2 options the MCDU s4 or s7. 

I like the s7 as it gives 4 FIX pagers, they have implemented the SEC F-Plan page. Up can uplink weather reports.

I have the Smith's Thales FMS manual but there are lots of revision of the MCDU. Of the top of my head I cannot think of anything worth talking about it does not have all do.

Black box 711 on youtube did a hudson flight, bird strike, everything like it happen, his touchdown rate was close to Skullys also. I thought it show far more how little time they had IRL than even the film portrayed. He forgot to turn crash detection off lol.

Also I find you need two MCDU's, not one.

When you watch BB showing how the A320 reacts to engine failures and everything like LAWS the list goes ON. I think you will be blown away how realistic it is and he is a IRL A320 pilot. So normal hand flying she is a dream to use.

Watch some of these and judge yourself how good flight Dynamics are. A far cry from toyRus. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9fggL9PwEqSyMDrlLubVw/videos.

Frankly after 7 year development it had to be something special. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 hours ago, Chock said:

because it's pointless and just uses up VAS for no sensible reason. I'd prefer that VAs to be good to go for the EFB

I vaguely remember this 'VAS' you speak of. Wasn't that a thing way back in the 32-bit era? 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

14 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I don’t know if it would be of any help, but I do my own crib sheets in a PDF file for my iPad for all my aircrafts.

I send the new versions to Ebs(Neil) they will get you though  every step needed to do a flight, but you will have to know how to fill in the MCDU, but it tells you what pages to do in what order etc.

its not just my way of doing it it’s made from watching countless hours of videos and FCOMS reading.

If you feel it might help you to see what’s envoled in a FSL flight and it will take away a huge learning curve in what and when you have to do it.

PM me your email and I will be happy to send you a copy.

Am makings some small changes tomorrow so hopefully I will have my final version done, from a “On Ground power state “

I just watched the video's Alan posted. Hm... You've got a PM.

"On Ground power state": is cold and dark, right? I am used to using a turn around state: afaik the FSLabs Airbus offers that too?

BTW I am not saying I am getting this one, I am just want to get informed properly. :happy: 

26 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Does the FO INOP side of the VC work then, so you can use the FO MDCU and set the F-Plan page and have PROG on the Captain's side. Set TERR FO and have a Different range set. So you can both work as in how it's really done. Have independent Baro's that you both cross check. List goes on...

Does all that work with Sharing Cockpit because that would be great fun!

The AS bus for P3D v4 will have all these features implemented yes. It will be a big step forward for shared cockpit (CFD) and single pilot flying compared with what v1.31 has in store now.

It will also have more S7 functions implemented like stepclimb, constant mach etc, which the FSL version does not have (yet). On the other side, the FSL bus is available now in v4. 

IMO J most NG's and A320 are on Ground power units when I see them, hence why I use that as my default load state. 

You can also have on APU. Not sure of my head what other they are as am not interested.

The FSLabs is a technical marvel but incredibly heavy on my friend's FSX system; price is the main turn off though, it'll probably be twice the price of the AeroSoft for (P3D) and I'm not going to make use of most of the extra features in regular flying. Also AS is currently missing the A319 and A321 and when they do appear they'll be even more money whereas AS will sell me a bundle. If the prices were closer together, it would be a lot harder to chose between them because I do think the FSL is a superior product ultimately, just not worth the extra outlay for my usage.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Whats FSX?:ohmy:

I still don't understand why people are saying performance on the FSlabs is poor.  I know every system is different but I have had no performance issues and everything runs very smooth on my PC.  This is flying through heavy weather in AS into and out of payware airports with Orbx Open LC NA, and FTX Global.  I am very much enjoying the flights flown on FSlabs so far and was worth the wait.  I'd be interested to see how AS compares in terms of features and functionality but unless they are doing something groundbreaking and have features that surpass anything FSlabs is doing, to me there is no reason to switch. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

18 minutes ago, Flyer024 said:

The AS bus for P3D v4 will have all these features implemented yes. It will be a big step forward for shared cockpit (CFD) and single pilot flying compared with what v1.31 has in store now.

It will also have more S7 functions implemented like stepclimb, constant mach etc, which the FSL version does not have (yet). On the other side, the FSL bus is available now in v4. 

This is a big step forward and a major reason why I always considered the current AS bus more of a 'lite' offering.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

@odourboy @J van E

Leave both of you do decide what version to go for.

What ever way you go, I wish you well and Enjoy you new bus.:biggrin: At the end of the day it's down to what you guys enjoy no one else.

Any more questions just PM me. 

I have nothing more to add here. 

Thanks for your contribution to this thread Dave!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

6 hours ago, Bloody said:

And both simmers are "sharing" the left side of the cockpit of course. Deep simulation right there. 

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO