Sign in to follow this  
Scolar

Cant Install PMDG 737 on V4 because I have V3

I just installed v4 of prepared, launched it and then tried to install the pmdg 737. When the popup menu came up I select modify, didn't work so I then tried repair and that also didn't work. I than remove the product from v3 and tried re-installing it. After the whole install processes I check the operations center and the game and it wasn't showing. I am not going to uninstall p3d v3 because I am still going to use sometimes. Please help!!!!

Martin

1 hour ago, MMW3 said:

Please help!!!!

Uninstall. Reinstall.

There are a few posts here on the forum that explain that this is required.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

Does this mean if you own the PMDG P3D version you are only allowed to have it installed in either v3.4 or v.4.1, not both at same time ?

please Advise

Brgds

S.

Brgds

Søren Olsen

PMDG 737NGX -800/900 basepack (P3D)

PMDG 737NGX -800/900 basepack and PMDG 737NGX -600/700 (FSX)

PMDG Jetstream 41 turboprop (FSX)

2 hours ago, solsen said:

Hi,

Does this mean if you own the PMDG P3D version you are only allowed to have it installed in either v3.4 or v.4.1, not both at same time ?

please Advise

Brgds

S.

Soren,

No you can have it installed on both of them, but if you had it installed on V3 and then installed V4, then in order to install the ngx on v4 you need to uninstall and reinstall so the installer can see both v3 and v4 and install on both if needed.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Also make sure you have the latest installer downloaded from your account on the PMDG site. 

• Upvote 1

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

hi,

okay thanks,

Brgds

søren

Brgds

Søren Olsen

PMDG 737NGX -800/900 basepack (P3D)

PMDG 737NGX -800/900 basepack and PMDG 737NGX -600/700 (FSX)

PMDG Jetstream 41 turboprop (FSX)

On 12/12/2017 at 2:18 AM, Olympic260 said:

Soren,

No you can have it installed on both of them, but if you had it installed on V3 and then installed V4, then in order to install the ngx on v4 you need to uninstall and reinstall so the installer can see both v3 and v4 and install on both if needed.

Hi Chris,

I also have been using P3d v3 with PMDG 737NGX and wanted to install v4 along side without deleting V3.  The biggest reason for wanting to keep V3 is that a have many training flights saved that I load for future use.  These saved scenarios are a lot of work to put together with locations, runways, approaches, frequencies etc, etc.

If I uninstall the PMDG and then reinstall to use with v3 and v4, wont I lose all of theses saved flights and all there data?   I would also lose keyboard commands and settings right? 

If so, can I save the panel state files and then re-copy them into the panel state files after reinstalling PMDG?  I just hate to lose all of my settings. 

Dan Rice

56 minutes ago, flyboy738 said:

Hi Chris,

I also have been using P3d v3 with PMDG 737NGX and wanted to install v4 along side without deleting V3.  The biggest reason for wanting to keep V3 is that a have many training flights saved that I load for future use.  These saved scenarios are a lot of work to put together with locations, runways, approaches, frequencies etc, etc.

If I uninstall the PMDG and then reinstall to use with v3 and v4, wont I lose all of theses saved flights and all there data?   I would also lose keyboard commands and settings right? 

If so, can I save the panel state files and then re-copy them into the panel state files after reinstalling PMDG?  I just hate to lose all of my settings. 

Dan Rice

Dan,

You can just save the  panel state folder and replace it after the installation for the saved scenarios.

For the settings you can backup the files inside the PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft so that you have your liveries settings and then from the \PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX the options,ini and shortcuts.ini.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

36 minutes ago, nathansweeney said:

i'm having a problem installing a 737 pmdg 3d v4 . it's going on for a couple of months now i'm getting  very upset

First I recommend a new thread with a full description of the problems you are having. I also encourage you to use PMDG Product Support if you are having problems installing the product, but if the problems have been on going for months I assume it is installed and you are having problems with use of the product.  Maybe?  You didn't provide much information.

Also note PMDG forum rules ask that we sign our full name on all posts in their forums.

Dan Downs KCRP