Sign in to follow this  
Mark Urman

Prepar3D Panel Lights Issue

Has anyone ever seen this? Had the NGX in P3Dv3 and no issue, but after upgrading to P3Dv4 and reinstalling the NGX, Im losing some panel lighting above the MFD's. Initially they are lit up but over time they just go out. Everything has been installed as Administrator. Thoughts? Heres a screenshot: https://prnt.sc/h00dwk

I approved your topic but you better set up a signature in your profile that shows your full name as that is one of the rules for the PMDG Forums (not AVSIM's).  See your Display Name might be your full name but it must also be in your signature.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Mark,

same issue here. Yesterday i flown from Fuerteventura to Luxemburg and turn on the lights when it gets dark outside and see the same issue as on your picture.

After the flight i reload the sim and tested in nighttime and turn on the lights. All good. Never had this before but i have made a reinstall of the NGX this weekend so i don´t know what happens.

Sorry if my english is not perfect:biggrin:

Kamenko Gnjatovic 

i7 6700k @ 4Ghz -- 16GB RAM -- 500GB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD + 3 x 256GB Samsung Pro SSD´s -- Gainward GeForce GTX1080 "GLH" 8GB GPU -- 2 x 27" BenQ Monitor WQHD -- be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 3 CPU-Cooler -- 1000W - Corsair RM Series 

in a Coolermaster - CM Storm Trooper

Experiencing the same issue with 4.1 and the latest NGX update.  Attempted reinstalling the NGX and reverting my shaders to default with no luck, unfortunately.

For the ones that have the issue and have not open a ticket.

Can you confirm that is happening on V4.1 only? If yes how did you update on V4.1?

I am not able to reproduce here and need to try to collect some data to figure out why is happening

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Good evening.

For me its v4.1 after a clean install of P3D some ORBX few airports and the NGX. In v4.0 never had this issue.

Kamenko Gnjatovic 

i7 6700k @ 4Ghz -- 16GB RAM -- 500GB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD + 3 x 256GB Samsung Pro SSD´s -- Gainward GeForce GTX1080 "GLH" 8GB GPU -- 2 x 27" BenQ Monitor WQHD -- be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 3 CPU-Cooler -- 1000W - Corsair RM Series 

in a Coolermaster - CM Storm Trooper

Same here. -700 and -800. v4.1 did a content/scenery/client update. Updated NGX via ops centre.

Missing Capt's MAIN PANEL back lighting - lose VOR/ADF, Flap indicator etc. See pic - https://imgur.com/a/1f5lq

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png

This is not happening to me where my update to 4.1 was from 4.1 by uninstalling client and content from control panel then installing new client and content.  Scenery unchanged.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guys, we are investigating this will keep you posted when we pinpoint what triggers it 

Chris Makris

18 hours ago, VOZ102 said:

Same here. -700 and -800. v4.1 did a content/scenery/client update. Updated NGX via ops centre.

Missing Capt's MAIN PANEL back lighting - lose VOR/ADF, Flap indicator etc. See pic - https://imgur.com/a/1f5lq

I mostly noticed the NGX, flap position indicator...lol, I thought I was losing my mind. Every time I started up and expected to see a dark dial, it would be lit...then towards the end of my flight, before short final I'd give it a glance to make sure I was configured for landing and it'd be dark.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

The same problem here.

During night flight and in particular after 1 hour into the flight the backlights in the captain side do not work. Obviously there is a problem.

I posted the problem also in PMDG facebook page but I dIdnt received a reply. PMDG i am a good customer since I bought every plane for FSX and now for P3D I paid again and own (747, 777 , 737 and DC-6) Please awaiting your feedback.

2 hours ago, flightkp said:

The same problem here.

During night flight and in particular after 1 hour into the flight the backlights in the captain side do not work. Obviously there is a problem.

I posted the problem also in PMDG facebook page but I dIdnt received a reply. PMDG i am a good customer since I bought every plane for FSX and now for P3D I paid again and own (747, 777 , 737 and DC-6) Please awaiting your feedback.

Real names are required first and last on the forums. This forum is not an official PMDG support but user to user mainly. Official PMDG support is given only via the support portal.

Two posts above yours I have written "Guys, we are investigating this will keep you posted when we pinpoint what triggers it "

Chris Makris