Sign in to follow this  
DEHowie

Xplane 11 update status?

Well its been over 6 months since xplane 11 was released and we have heard only the slightest murmor of if/when an update might occur.

It took only weeks to get recoded 64bit 747's, 737's and 777's yet its been over 6 months to get no news on the xp11 update for the 6.

So Pmdg do you have any news or information as to when or if its being updated?

Flying her it in P3D just highlights the deficincies of P3D's flight modelling and the experience is SO much better in xplane that i can live with the graphical anomalies, overly reflective instruments, lack of PBR etc in preference to the P3D aero model.

So help us xplane lovers/preferrers and let us know whats happening.

• Upvote 1

Darren Howie

@DEHowie

It would be nice to know. For now you can check out my thread

which updates the SFC for the engines, it's a wip, the high blower doesn't work quite right either but it's better than a direct import

• Upvote 2

I too as an owner of the P3D and X-Plane versions would like to know what the XP11 plans are regarding the DC-6.  I've spent my own time learning correcting some of the issues plaguing the DC-6 in version 11.  I've been able to correct the reversed rudder animation, adjust the transparency of the gauge faces and even tweak the fuel flow to match the values displayed in p3dd.

Joseph Catino

13 minutes ago, deimos256 said:

I too as an owner of the P3D and X-Plane versions would like to know what the XP11 plans are regarding the DC-6.  I've spent my own time learning correcting some of the issues plaguing the DC-6 in version 11.  I've been able to correct the reversed rudder animation, adjust the transparency of the gauge faces and even tweak the fuel flow to match the values displayed in p3dd.

What values did you change for the FF and how close are they? could you put a reply in my topic about superchargers so we can compare notes?

thanks!

Yes, please, dear PMDG, tell us something about... "help us xplane lovers/preferrers and let us know whats happening" (perfectly said indeed! :)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CrashTronic said:

What values did you change for the FF and how close are they? could you put a reply in my topic about superchargers so we can compare notes?

thanks!

I’m pretty sure I posted my notes in that thread already. I may even be using your values at this point, I can’t really recall.  As far as superchargers go, all that happens when you flip the switch is an increase in manifold pressure, but no increase in actual horsepower, if there is its in the single digits.  This produces an paradoxical effect as you have to reduce your throttle to compensate for the rise in MP, which lowers your HP.  I’m making up numbers here but as an example at 15000 feet and at 45” you get 1500hp, but flip on the blowers and reduce your throttle to get back to 45” and suddenly you’re at 1100hp.  This seems to be handled within the plugin which we cannot touch, so the impetus is on PMDG.  

Speaking of the plugin, in 11.10b4 the plugin doesn’t load when you load the plane, if you go into the enable/disable plugins page, you can enable the plugin and gain back all functionality, however you’ll have no sound.  To correct the sound bit, reload the flight by moving your position or changing another parameter to trigger a new flight, and then the sound returns.  

Joseph Catino

8 hours ago, piperpiper said:

Yes, please, dear PMDG, tell us something about... "help us xplane lovers/preferrers and let us know whats happening" (perfectly said indeed! :)

Other than the XPL post already pinned in the general forum, no news means there is no news.  At this point, I'm not sure PMDG is planning to update the DC6 to XPL11 even if at one time they left it open as a possibility.  I do not speak for PMDG and have no inside knowledge but I think the experiment to see if developing products across different platforms revealed how difficult it is because there is so little in common between XPL and P3D and there is a growing gap between FSX and P3D.  I also think the XPL market turned out to be too small to support the expenditure that will be required to keep updating the DC6 every time LR makes changes to the platform.  Regardless of what I think, the pinned topic that I referenced says that after the DC6 is introduced to FSX/P3D and after the release to market time frame has passed they will then evaluate if they are going to keep up with both ever changing P3D and XPL platforms.  To date, there has been no announcement so it is futile to expect that there is news.  When there is news they will share it.

Dan Downs KCRP

The plane lived perfectly within XPlane world, would want to continue flying it in XP only. Very upsetting to know that it is abandoned, and about $70 spent on item that was released for a sim that was to be superseded by a new version in the next few months. Only flew it a dozen times before kaput. Sad.

2 minutes ago, alexzar14 said:

Very upsetting to know that it is abandoned

This is disingenuous...

It was advertised for XP10. It was released for XP10. We maintain it for XP10.

The fact that you want it updated/upgraded/modified for a sim we never advertised, released or promised doesn't mean it's abandoned.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

I know, I'm not demanding or anything, just saying it is disappointing because it is a formality business and not like simulator hobby, customer relations and all that. I'm not a corporate lawyer, I'm a simmer.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, alexzar14 said:

I know, I'm not demanding or anything, just saying it is disappointing because it is a formality business and not like simulator hobby, customer relations and all that. I'm not a corporate lawyer, I'm a simmer.

Sure, but maintaining fact in proper context is general courtesy, whether you're a simmer, lawyer, or generic human. I fail to see your point about customer relations. If your version of customer relations is to simply do everything customers want, then I welcome you to start your own business in the sim realm. I have a feeling you won't hold that opinion for very long. Do we prefer to make people happy? Yes. Do we still need to make sound business decisions to remain a healthy business? Yes, absolutely. Does this mean occasionally not doing what customers want? Yes.

Again...let's not be disingenuous. Willfully distorting the context of language is irresponsible.

The product isn't abandoned just because you decided to change sim platforms. You abandoned the product, and the older sim platform for which it was made, not the other way around.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle you're overreacting and I don't know why )))) In my message I did not ask questions or requested clarifications. Since it is a solid business, and not some sort of a worshiping cult, I stated my disappointment, that's all. Like... you buy a teapot and then you say your thoughts, doesn't matter what the teapot factory is this or that.

Good news for me is the J41, happy to know it is coming, although a little upset there will be no fms, I wish there were 2 options set via manager. After some frustration learning this FMS at the beginning, it turned out to be very rewarding and fun. I like FMSes )))

• Upvote 1

You are not alone, but I have barely any hopes now. Its clear that XP was never PMDG`s priority and this situation is not really that surprising. Hopefully the community members can help each other out and continue to share unofficial instructions to keep it flyable for the foreseeable future. 

Thiago Braun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

On 12/20/2017 at 8:58 AM, scandinavian13 said:

This is disingenuous...

It was advertised for XP10. It was released for XP10. We maintain it for XP10.

The fact that you want it updated/upgraded/modified for a sim we never advertised, released or promised doesn't mean it's abandoned.

And the fact that PMDG is leaving it's customers in the dark regarding something we've spent money on and would like to be able to use with a new platform doesn't mean it isn't absolutely rotten customer service. Y'all used to stand behind your products and your customers, the PMDG name meant you were getting a quality product with a company that would work to support how its customers wanted to use it. It's a damn shame that's turned into "you bought what you bought and we owe you nothing else."

• Upvote 5