Sign in to follow this  
eXpress48

P3D v4: AI Traffic Seperation

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Could you post a picture where this is configured? I own Supertraffictboard and my appreciation is that it doesn't space traffic for approach, all it does is removing the AI traffic from the approach and park it at the gate, although this works to clear the conflict traffic during your approach is far from ideal as it is unrealistic and do not provide the solution what I am looking for.

I'm not near my sim computer at the moment, so I can't post a screenshot; but the settings should be pretty easy to find in the default UI.  I agree... the STB solution is not ideal; but right now it's the best we've got.  Believe me, if you can produce an app that properly slows down, sequences, and spaces AI arrivals, I will be the first one in line to purchase it!  I wouldn't mess with departures too much though - departure queues are actually very realistic.  If you need any real-world expertise for your app; let me know - I was an approach controller for 15 years, so I know a little bit about setting up a final.

1 minute ago, MadDog said:

I'm not near my sim computer at the moment, so I can't post a screenshot; but the settings should be pretty easy to find in the default UI.  I agree... the STB solution is not ideal; but right now it's the best we've got.  Believe me, if you can produce an app that properly slows down, sequences, and spaces AI arrivals, I will be the first one in line to purchase it!  I wouldn't mess with departures too much though - departure queues are actually very realistic.  If you need any real-world expertise for your app; let me know - I was an approach controller for 15 years, so I know a little bit about setting up a final.

I will contact you for BETA testing when required.

In terms of departures, I disagree a bit as it depends of the traffic levels configured by users, the problem is that the simulator injects the AI too quickly and suddenly you find lots of planes that need to take off withing the first 20 minutes that you started your simulation, if this happens on a busy airport as EGLL, EGKK, EDDF  plus the madness of the go-around you find super long queues to take off which are unrealistic, surely ground control never authorise planes to startup and taxi to the runway when there are already 10 planes or more waiting for take off on such runway!

Best Regards,

Simbol

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

surely ground control never authorise planes to startup and taxi to the runway when there are already 10 planes or more waiting for take off on such runway!

That depends... if the runway is only used for departures, a queue of 10 wouldn't be a problem.  If it's a mixed-use runway, and those departures need to be slotted in between a bunch of arrivals, then I agree that a bit of metering is definitely appropriate.  That's another factor to keep in mind for your app... arrival spacing can be much tighter to "landing-only" runways.  Mixed-use runways will need increased arrival spacing to create gaps for the departures.

In departures I would like to see quicker runway lineup especially large aircrafts and perhaps rolling takeoffs. The lack of these almost makes impossible the use of single/mix mode runways.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, him225 said:

In departures I would like to see quicker runway lineup especially large aircrafts and perhaps rolling takeoffs. The lack of these almost makes impossible the use of single/mix mode runways.

I know.. We will find a solution don't worry.

Simbol

• Upvote 2

Yup, expedite and without delay are two commands that do not exist in the minds of AI pilots!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yes, it would actually be preferable if ATC instructed a departing aircraft to "line up and wait" (or "taxi into position, and hold") as soon as a landing aircraft has passed the threshold. Waiting for the landing aircraft to clear the runway usually ends up with another AI plane being cleared to land before any aircraft on the ground gets a chance to depart! In my opinion, forcing an AI plane to "go around" is much better than having ridiculously long queues of aircraft blocking taxiways amd aprons that arriving aircraft need to access.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

35 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Yes, it would actually be preferable if ATC instructed a departing aircraft to "line up and wait" (or "taxi into position, and hold") as soon as a landing aircraft has passed the threshold. Waiting for the landing aircraft to clear the runway usually ends up with another AI plane being cleared to land before any aircraft on the ground gets a chance to depart! In my opinion, forcing an AI plane to "go around" is much better than having ridiculously long queues of aircraft blocking taxiways amd aprons that arriving aircraft need to access.

Can't do that until the ESP ATC SDK capabilities are improved, for FSX and FSX-SE there is no hope, for PD3 there is some hope for the future but not available yet.

The only current solution is to space the incoming traffic accordingly to allow planes to takeoff with plenty of time, there are other problems were AI has to back track the runway to line up and take off, EHAM runway 06 operations is an example, departing traffic will hold short at S1 but instead of taking off from there they need to taxi to the beginning of the runway while AI traffic is coming to land, it is madness. Under such circumstances given with the current SDK capabilities the only solution is to give "Extra time" to departing traffic by spacing the arrival traffic further away from the ILS marker and create dynamic gaps that would allow planes to take off and land giving a nice flow of arrivals and departures, I can measure how long does it take to any plane to line up and takeoff for any particular runway and then use that information to generate the gaps accordingly.

For example:

3 Lands
***big gap
Two take off
** medium gap
2 lands
** Medium gap
1 takeoff
*** big gap
3 Lands,
repeat..

It is all about how good your logic can be to move around the current SDK stupid limitations.

Best Regards,

Simbol

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Correct, that is why I never used it.

My objective is to deliver something that allows end users to still heard the ATC talking to the AI even when I am controlling certain behaviours, things like back tracking the runway! hell I hate that!, or things like long queues on the runway to take off! AI planes will have runway slots like in RW operations, I am also planning to address the stupid landing taxi speed and proper runway exit procedures (use proper fast exits or at least the nearest exit but ahead not behind you), and of course proper landing separation, and other things that have been annoying me for over 15 years of flying simulation experience.

I am planning to discuss with Navigraph to obtain a custom database for it so I can handle runway procedures accordingly.

Regards,

Simbol

Wow! Do you really think what is on your list is achievable? If so this would be as groundbreaking as 64 bit I'd say. Also wonder if it was doable why had anyone not tried it before? 

31 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Wow! Do you really think what is on your list is achievable? If so this would be as groundbreaking as 64 bit I'd say. Also wonder if it was doable why had anyone not tried it before? 

Everyone goes for bigger markets to sell their add-on's, planes, sceneries, eye candy tools, full ATC tools, etc.

I am doing this because I want a solution to be available so I can enjoy the simulator, selling it so you can enjoy it too would be a bonus.

That is the difference, I am not driven by money, I am driven by results, you can find on AVSIM forums how my AI lights solution started, I did it because nobody else including LM could be bothered, no difference with AI ATC behaviour, lots ATC tools out there but nothing improve little details that you and me are dreaming about for over 10 years so I will build a solution in order for things to work as they should.

And YES it can be done, it is just a matter of time.

Simbol 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 9

41 minutes ago, simbol said:

Everyone goes for bigger markets to sell their add-on's, planes, sceneries, eye candy tools, full ATC tools, etc.

I am doing this because I want a solution to be available so I can enjoy the simulator, selling it so you can enjoy it too would be a bonus.

That is the difference, I am not driven by money, I am driven by results, you can find on AVSIM forums how my AI lights solution started, I did it because nobody else including LM could be bothered, no difference with AI ATC behaviour, lots ATC tools out there but nothing improve little details that you and me are dreaming about for over 10 years so I will build a solution in order for things to work as they should.

And YES it can be done, it is just a matter of time.

Simbol 

Good luck man!  Installed your lights over the weekend.  Really nice work!

Yeah some of those tasks will be tough.  I'm 100% behind you.   I'm the kind of guy who likes sitting at an airport in P3D and just watching the AI traffic.  Also the reason why i'm rebuilding my AI fleet from scratch again with the help of AIG and MAIW.  

AI Controller was on the right path before walking away.  AI flew SIDS STARS which made sequencing a little better.  Animations were pretty good for takeoff and landing.  Had adjustable speeds for taxiing aircraft.   But one thing AI Smooth did better than all of them was when you start up the sim at the airport there wasn't this mad rush of 10 planes heading to the departure runway.  

I know many like the default ATC but i can do without it.   it will certainly affect the AI since they follow the ATC commands.  And probably why when using AI Controller you couldn't use ATC.  Also default ATC couldn't do SIDS STARS etc.  It also has issues with multiple runways in use airports.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

4 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Hello Simbol,

I was just curious if you have any timeline as to when we might see this much needed and appreciated tool?

Thank you,

Hi Dave,

It would be next year as currently I am working with the AI lights Reborn professional edition, also I don't rush releases, it is better to be late but good so everyone like it rather than quick and be a disappointment for general public.

I am a developer in real life for an international corporation and accordingly I stick to well known practices in relation with the different stages of each product.

For this particular product BETA testing would be crucial and intensive given all the variables to take in consideration, the BETA team would be between 50 to 100 people depending of my resources after the AI lights release.

All that matters is that I will build this tool, and it will work as I have been imaging my simulation experience and yours should be for so many years, will it be hard work? Yes! Will it be worth it? TOTALLY!

And I don't care how many people buy it, that is secondary all I want to hear is: That guy did it!

Best regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2