Sign in to follow this  
Robert Mota

PMDG 777 FSX SE: Brakes issues

Hi, I got PMDG 777 base pack yesterday. 1) Using configured key or yoke button or VC for parking brake, this one works and then release itself, without any action. 2) taxiing a few, then the aircraft stay bloked, I need to push 80% n1 to be able to taxi.

An advice? Regards.

4 hours ago, Robert Mota said:

1) Using configured key or yoke button or VC for parking brake, this one works and then release itself, without any action.

This means your brakes are spiking, or improperly configured.

4 hours ago, Robert Mota said:

2) taxiing a few, then the aircraft stay bloked, I need to push 80% n1 to be able to taxi.

This confirms the above.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, thank you. But all worked well on original FSX 737 before, this behavior happened only since I installed PMDG FSX 777 last sunday. And on this day I only tried 777 using its introduction and tutorial that is very well done ; I have to wait until on friday and I will try back with my 737 to verify if this behavior is now extended on it too or if it is only on PMDG 777.

5 hours ago, Robert Mota said:

Hi, thank you. But all worked well on original FSX 737 before, this behavior happened only since I installed PMDG FSX 777 last sunday. And on this day I only tried 777 using its introduction and tutorial that is very well done ; I have to wait until on friday and I will try back with my 737 to verify if this behavior is now extended on it too or if it is only on PMDG 777.

I'm going to press back, here. This is not an aircraft issue. This is an issue with your hardware. If it were an aircraft issue, you'd be seeing reports of this all over the forum, and in support, which is not the case.

Easy test: remove your hardware pedals. Does it go away? Yes? Hardware.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

There is well a problem between my Saitek rudder brake pedals and the PMDG 777. When I clear these 2 axis on settings or when I remove it with 777, the parking brakes stay on. When I put my configuration again, the parking brakes are released quickly after having engaged them. And there is no problem using my configuration of my rudder brake pedals on any other aircraft provided on original FSX SE (Cessna, B737, etc.). So this is well an aircraft issue. I'm using the Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Best regards

10 hours ago, Robert Mota said:

So this is well an aircraft issue.

It really isn't, though.

...because...

10 hours ago, Robert Mota said:

I'm using the Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I use these too, without issue.

This is because I've set them up properly.

Assign the axis in the sim. Check the box for "reversed." Go into FSUIPC and set a null zone on the bottom of the axis.

...but also, do note that none of those other aircraft have super strong brakes, nor do they have programmed consequences for abusing them, so you just aren't noticing it.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for the advice. You are using the third party FSUIPC in addition. I didn't because it was not recommended for FSX steam edition. So you are confirming that without it I cannot use the brake peddles only on the PMDC 777 installed from scratch on FSX SE. Thank you.

Is there not in mind another workaroud ?

What about the PMDG 777 for P3D v4 and this matter ? Is there the same issue / workaround ?

Well; I just installed the last version of drivers of the legacy Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals from http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

And on windows control panel for "3 axis 0 button..." device I got a new form with a tab where we can adjust the left dead zone. I will try in an hour if it fix my issue without using FSUIPC and will inform you back, if it could help.

3 hours ago, Robert Mota said:

I just installed the last version of drivers of the legacy Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals from http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

And on windows control panel for "3 axis 0 button..." device I got a new form with a tab where we can adjust the left dead zone. I will try in an hour if it fix my issue without using FSUIPC and will inform you back, if it could help

Having configured dead zones of the left and right Toes axis on the Saitek / Logitech provided drivers control panel, fixed this issue, without having to use FSUIPC.

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

do note that none of those other aircraft have super strong brakes, nor do they have programmed consequences for abusing them

On this issue, just to explain first this above and to recommend configuring the dead zones on the latest driver version of Saitek equipment, should have been the better and shortest answer a user could expected from the support for the better user experience.

Best regards