Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aerosoft CRJ?

Hi all,

A few months ago, I bought the Aerosoft CRJ just after release.
After only 1 flight, I parked it in the (maintenance) hangar and never looked back.
Since it is a while ago, what is the current state/verdict?
The messageson the Aerosoft forum are a bit ambiguous. What's your opinion?

Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

The developer of it has taken over a month to solve the NAV issue, and he recently posted a message on the forums saying it was fixed and now being tested. I have my doubts it will ever be functional.

For me, I have uninstalled it on my machine. 

• Upvote 1

As I understand from the forums, the next round of fixes (including the dreaded nav tracking bug) is currently in the hands of their testers. They are hoping to finish testing on thursday then they will create the installers. Also mentioned that there are multiple holidays in Germany this week so this timeline may be pushed back :)

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I am disappointed in the entire Aerosoft Brand.  All their products have more bugs than I can handle.  I had the Airbus and Twotter but they kept releasing patches and updates non-stop.  I got tired of installing them all the time.  Make a solid product like PMDG or A2A quality.  I suggest you read the forums on aerosoft about this product.  From what I can tell it is hit or miss.  Some things have improved and some have not.

I am not spending my hard earned dollars on this addon.  I waited so long for this CRJ and delivery was a dud.

• Upvote 4

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I don't know what is going on on your systems. The CRJ is working perfectly on my system (v1.10 on P3Dv4.1). I did not have one flight going belly up with it. For it's price it is great value in my opinion and makes me a happy simmer. Similar for the Otter.

Maybe you should put the money you spend on PMDG/FSL/A2A products vs. the one you have to spend on AS products into a fair relation.

Regards
Frank

• Upvote 3

I have been flying the CRJ almost daily since it came out and it has been stable since the last patch a few weeks ago.

Richard

I was wondering the same thing as Egbert.  Although I haven't bought it yet.  Would like to but I have reservations.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

55 minutes ago, mdata said:

I don't know what is going on on your systems. The CRJ is working perfectly on my system (v1.10 on P3Dv4.1). I did not have one flight going belly up with it. For it's price it is great value in my opinion and makes me a happy simmer. Similar for the Otter.

Maybe you should put the money you spend on PMDG/FSL/A2A products vs. the one you have to spend on AS products into a fair relation.

Regards
Frank

It's always funny when the guys who have it "working perfectly" have to come and gloat here.. yes, we know, we are glad it's working for you. 

There is clearly bugs in the CRJ and it's not working for 95% of us.

22 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

It's always funny when the guys who have it "working perfectly" have to come and gloat here.. yes, we know, we are glad it's working for you. 

Nobody is gloating, the OP asked: 'What's your opinion?' People are posting about their experiences with it, as they were asked to.

So here goes... it works okay on my PC too, although I must admit, if I was having problems with it and saw on the forums that the developer was writing about having a holiday instead of getting on with fixing what I'd paid for, I would be very p***** off with that developer. Why doesn't he just write 'f*** you, my holiday is more important than you getting what you paid for, and I'm spending your money on that holiday too hahah', because he might as well have done with an attitude like that. Anyone with any sense of business decency would postpone any holiday and sort out their customers first, not sod off on a break and leave them hanging. Pretty disgraceful customer service, and it won't do Aerosoft any favours.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nicely summarised, Al. Glad I did not jump at this when it first came out. I thought I'd wait 4-6 months, and seems it was worth it.

2 hours ago, mdata said:

The price we pay usually reflects systems depth, not amount of bugs present.  The low price shouldn't mean that we are getting a ton of bugs but they'd all magically be gone if we payed PMDG prices. Bugs are a result of code, not price.

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Nobody is gloating, the OP asked: 'What's your opinion?' People are posting about their experiences with it, as they were asked to.

So here goes... it works okay on my PC too, although I must admit, if I was having problems with it and saw on the forums that the developer was writing about having a holiday instead of getting on with fixing what I'd paid for, I would be very p***** off with that developer. Why doesn't he just write 'f*** you, my holiday is more important than you getting what you paid for, and I'm spending your money on that holiday too hahah', because he might as well have done with an attitude like that. Anyone with any sense of business decency would postpone any holiday and sort out their customers first, not sod off on a break and leave them hanging. Pretty disgraceful customer service, and it won't do Aerosoft any favours.

Yeah, but you know, its the Aerosoft forums. You breathe and they ban you

Gloating, hm? I had to look this one up - not being a native speaker.

Gloating, wow -- you're insinuating I had bad intensions ...

No, it was not my intention to gloate over you. I installed it out of the box and it was working. Yes, I had issues with v1.05 - the first version I installed: it was difficult to keep it on the glideslope with not having autothrottle capabilities. But this has improved a lot with v1.10 - the version I am using to date and which I stated was working for me. Other than that I had nothing to complain, hence my statement from above.

Besides, I doubt the presumption that it's only 5% for whom this aircraft works. I assume that a lot of people simply do not need or want to speak up since the CRJ is working for them as well.

However, I understand that frustration takes over if one tries to make something working with all good intentions but you feel not being heard or being served too slow.

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

The price we pay usually reflects systems depth, not amount of bugs present.  The low price shouldn't mean that we are getting a ton of bugs but they'd all magically be gone if we payed PMDG prices. Bugs are a result of code, not price.

I absolutely agree. On the other hand I cannot a see a ton of bugs in this product. In a relative short frame of time the dev has ironed out more bugs than other developers have left untouched in years after having released their aicraft - the C... teams are an infamous example, I think. With the CRJ we are not in that bad a position, to be honest. In my opinion we have seen worse aircraft for this price.

Regards
Frank

9 minutes ago, mdata said:

, to be honest. In my opinion we have seen worse aircraft for this price

No doubt.It