Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aerosoft CRJ?

It's a nice aircraft for the money but the NAV bug makes me park it. I appreciate they are working to fix it but they have 1 guy (Hans) that does all the work. It isn't his only job. The busier he gets with his other job the less attention the CRJ gets. I am still being patient but it is wearing . The cost is what makes me more patient. If it was a PMDG or FSL aircraft that cost over 120$ I would be a lot less patient.

Richie Walsh

Thanks for the info!

I guess I'll wait for the next update and take it from there.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

On 10/23/2017 at 0:04 PM, Milton Waddams said:

The price we pay usually reflects systems depth, not amount of bugs present.  The low price shouldn't mean that we are getting a ton of bugs but they'd all magically be gone if we payed PMDG prices. Bugs are a result of code, not price.

Wait? What?  You mean to tell me there are more intelligent people out there- I'm not the only one? 

LoL

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2017 at 10:03 AM, Mitch24 said:

It's always funny when the guys who have it "working perfectly" have to come and gloat here.. yes, we know, we are glad it's working for you. 

There is clearly bugs in the CRJ and it's not working for 95% of us.

When you say " 95% of us" Are you referring to yourself, your cousin, your wife, your son, and another little friend? 

Cause, if you go to the developers website, you will notice thousands of satisfied customers...and if they have an issue, they ask for help,and they are helped.  (smile)

On 10/23/2017 at 1:16 PM, Mitch24 said:

Yeah, but you know, its the Aerosoft forums. You breathe and they ban you

I have never seen anyone banned; unless they  start posting foolish, offensive posts...then , yeah.. of course you will be banned- like any other forum. And, by your 24/7 bashing of Aerosoft here at Avsim, it's very easy to tell why you were banned. (or about to be banned). Play by the rules- you live... Play by: "it's my way or the highway." and you will be kicked to the highway very quickly.   (smile) 

• Upvote 2

On 23.10.2017 at 5:08 PM, Chock said:

Anyone with any sense of business decency would postpone any holiday and sort out their customers first

I don't know in what world you live, but life comes before work in mine. And I as a customer can certainly wait a few weeks when someone goes on his well deserved holiday.

Developers are not your personal serfs that sold all their freetime away when you bought their products.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, joemiller said:

When you say " 95% of us" Are you referring to yourself, your cousin, your wife, your son, and another little friend? 

Cause, if you go to the developers website, you will notice thousands of satisfied customers...and if they have an issue, they ask for help,and they are helped.  (smile)

how do you know its 1000s... here we go with this marketing spool again..

for example today ryanair on average will carry 310,000 passengers.  That doesnt mean today they have 310,000 "happy customers"

The same as FSL has sold over 1000 of its a320s.. that doesnt mean they have 1000s of "happy customers"

I wish people would stop believing this corporate rubbish... I can guarantee you there isnt 1000 happy crj customers.  

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

I don't know in what world you live, but life comes before work in mine. And I as a customer can certainly wait a few weeks when someone goes on his well deserved holiday.

Developers are not your personal serfs that sold all their freetime away when you bought their products.

Well, since you ask, I live in a world where there is something called the Sale of Goods and Services Act of 1979 (with subsequent amendments to it for online selling). It is a very long and complex Act but if you are curious you can google it and read it (it's very boring), but it is one to which the sale of goods and services in the United Kingdom from anywhere in the European Union are subject since there are numerous trade agreements between European Union members which govern whether the rules apply, which in this case, they do. 

The relevant thrust of it in this case is: 'Goods must be of merchantable quality', which is a fancy way of saying that they have to do what they are sold as being capable of doing and if they don't, then it is a breach of contract between the buyer and the seller. If anyone has ever managed to get around a breach of that contract with the defence that they 'fancied a bit of a holiday', then it'll be the first I've heard of it and it will make for some interesting legal cases in the unlikely event that is deemed to be an acceptable precedent for a defence lol. I can just see it now: 'Yeah, I know I shot that bloke, but I was on the way to the airport for my jollies, and I was a bit late for my flight y'see M'Lud, so then what happened was this...'

So no, they didn't sell all their free time to me when I bought the product, but they did enter into a contract to deliver a product which is supposed to do what it is sold as being capable of doing, and if it doesn't, then that is nothing to do with me regarding them as my personal serfs, but everything to do with an Act of Parliament relating to commerce in the European Union, and the last time I checked, Aerosoft and I were both in the EU, so as a result, they are subject to it when selling stuff to someone in the UK.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just to put this whole holiday thing straight. 

Valid points all around in the above posts but....

Aerosoft is the distributor and seller of the CRJ. The people who work at Aerosoft, the ones that make the installer and push it to the servers, are employed by a german firm that must obey German work laws. If the contracts they have state that they have the right to have a free day from work on a national holiday then it is just that. I guess everyone who is employed by someone else can see the personal benefit in this. As soon as these peope are back at the office, after the national/state holiday, they will do their work again. I even go as sofar as to say this is EU law and also applicable in the UK.

Hans himself does not do holidays and if he has them he works on his own projects, the CRJ for example, nevertheless. 

Hope that clears up the holiday reference. 

• Upvote 3

Didn't he have 7 years to have a holiday... Maybe after releasing a complete flop,  going on holiday wasn't the most sensible of ideas, but it will sure make people dubious of buying any product designed by him again.

Maybe he's gone to Malta to the see the BBS duo.

14ppkc-6.png

It is not Hans that has the holiday. It is the Aerosoft employee that makes the installer for you. Is this so hard to understand after reading my above post?

Hey I've just realised, that makes the CRJ as advanced as my mobile phone, that's Hans-free as well :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here