Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

FSLA320 Gone Dead After An Airport Add-on?

Anybody flying the FSLA320X finding that after installing the Flightbeam KDEN v2 P3Dv4 that their Bus now ceases  to work? Or is it just me? Because I had 4-5 flights in the FSLA320X, then couple of days ago updated my KDEN to v2 and ever since, no Bus. Load it an airport, and zilch. No switches, et al works to even get it powered up. Even uninstalling/ re-installing and opting for GPU Panel State, still leaves a dead aircraft.

Did you (knowingly or unknowingly) update Windows in between the FSL working and not working?   The dead gauges you're seeing sounds a lot like the problems caused by the new Creators Update for Windows 10.   It messes with file protection and leaves a lot of pre-installed software not functioning properly.  

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

No Windows Updates. Until Microsoft sorts its screw-up, I will not let its Updates anywhere near my computer.

AtDefaultAirfieldd40b3.jpg

DeadMCDUs91af0.jpg

• This is the Select Vehicle screen:SelectVehicleScreen.jpg      
  •  

So was it the windows update Rick, if so, I feel for you, the updates was one of the reasons I stayed with Win 7.

Hope you sort it.

Tried an un install, reinstall? Yet?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

No,David. I thought I'd made that clear, I have not applied any Windows Updates after the one before this latest Fall Creators Update(I think ending in 788?) one that caused havoc.

I've done uninstalls/reinstalls with FSLA320 v2.0.1.215; gone back to 214. Not a sausage.

I just cannot believe that I had done 4-5 flights, including 2 with the 215 Update, and then read your heads-up on that KDEN v2, acquired that and all of a sudden I have no FSL A320 working, yet all my other add-ons, i.e PMDG 747,777,737NGX, A2A, MilViz, all work correctly. Now I am stuck with a very expensive add-on sat unusable. Andrew from FSL was supposed to do a TeamViewer sort out with me, but either he has forgotten or is tied up elsewhere.

Well that’s really good of him, I hope it gets sorted for you. Sorry to hear about your problem after KDEN.

Let us know the out come.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Sure will. Just when I was really beginning to relish flying with this particular aircraft.........................like all good things...........

Just an idea, why don't you make regular backups ? I have Macrium, programmed so that it makes automatically a daily backup at the start of the day. It keeps these daily backups for 2 weeks.

When something goes wrong ( or when I screw up things ) there is no pain. I just go back to an earlier date like e.g yesterday...

This way I beat whatever update comes on my path..

I updated Denver to V2 P3dV4 without any ill effect on my FSL A-320..

b rdgs / Dick

=

When you add or remove scenery, the FSL rebuilds its own runway database. When you load the plane in, go off and do something else. Seriously, leave it. Come back in 20 minutes just to be sure! 

Same thing happened to me after installing orbx Southampton yesterday. Took almost 10 mins to rebuild the bloody database! 

• Upvote 1

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

6 hours ago, Ebs said:

When you add or remove scenery, the FSL rebuilds its own runway database. When you load the plane in, go off and do something else. Seriously, leave it. Come back in 20 minutes just to be sure! 

Same thing happened to me after installing orbx Southampton yesterday. Took almost 10 mins to rebuild the bloody database! 

How many extra addon sceney airports do you have in your scenery config? 

14ppkc-6.png

56 minutes ago, tooting said:

About 8 minutes worth! :biggrin:

Neil Andrews.

8 hours ago, dick said:

Just an idea, why don't you make regular backups ? I have Macrium, programmed so that it makes automatically a daily backup at the start of the day. It keeps these daily backups for 2 weeks.

When something goes wrong ( or when I screw up things ) there is no pain. I just go back to an earlier date like e.g yesterday...

This way I beat whatever update comes on my path..

I updated Denver to V2 P3dV4 without any ill effect on my FSL A-320..

b rdgs / Dick

=

A good idea, Dick. But like that old habit we have, we leave the umbrella at home and get caught in the rain. I thought Windows made Recovery Points when new stuff was installed.

8 hours ago, Ebs said:

I saw that flash across the top of the screen and I let it do whatever, but did not realise it takes a while.

2 hours ago, tooting said:

I have the Orbx Global, EU:England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland:UK2000's range of UK airports; about 4 Flytampa's; Flightbeam's 4; and the gamut of FSDT; a couple from Imaginesim; a couple from LatinVFR. In FSX I found one could de-select a lot of airport add-ons, but in P3D I find that they some are greyed out, some not.

And I have a fast SSD.

8 minutes ago, vc10man said:

I have the Orbx Global, EU:England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland:UK2000's range of UK airports; about 4 Flytampa's; Flightbeam's 4; and the gamut of FSDT; a couple from Imaginesim; a couple from LatinVFR

Blimey! Yeah, give it 20 mins to build the DB mate :) 

Neil Andrews.