Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

FSLA320 Gone Dead After An Airport Add-on?

19 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Blimey! Yeah, give it 20 mins to build the DB mate :) 

But when I see that message flash across the top saying its building the DB, I do not see another message saying it's finished. Are you suggesting that when I see that message, I leave the sim, walk away come back 2o minutes later and let it build the DB in the background? That's no problem, I can easily do that.

Wish there was a way to disable airport add-ons so that only the airports being used came into play.

But will the DB rebuild cure my 'dead' aircraft?

Usually, when it's finished, the 'runways dB' message disappears and the bus starts responding again. Your issue just sounds a lot like mine after installing a new airport. Bus loaded, got a runways dB message in green across the top and it appeared as though the bus was hanging. Black screen etc. After ten mins the message disappeared and the screens came on. 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

2 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Usually, when it's finished, the 'runways dB' message disappears and the bus starts responding again. Your issue just sounds a lot like mine after installing a new airport. Bus loaded, got a runways dB message in green across the top and it appeared as though the bus was hanging. Black screen etc. After ten mins the message disappeared and the screens came on. 

Wow, Neil, phew, I thought it was just me being a numpty. Glad to know you too had the same. Will follow your tips and walk away from 20-30 minutes.

Fingers crossed. Would love to have my Bus back in service.

How many word not allowed on airport to you guys use? I thought I was bad. 

In v3.4 I only had 2 airports attive and it would take around a min every time to load the runways. 

I only see it for around 10 seconds after I install a new one, now all I see is the aircraft int for around 10sec.

But Like Ebs says you wait till the message goes before you do anything.

10 mins :blink:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks for that,David but unlike FSX, when I try to uncheck my airport add-ons that I do NOT want loading, i.e. just picking say 2 airports, all those check-boxes are greyed/blued out and there is no way to unload them.

Yer in v4 I don't do that anymore, everything is active.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Rick,

Did you allow the SimConnect modules to install when you ran the FSL A320 installation?

\Robert Hamlich/

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that,David but unlike FSX, when I try to uncheck my airport add-ons that I do NOT want loading, i.e. just picking say 2 airports, all those check-boxes are greyed/blued out and there is no way to unload them.

You can certainly unload them.

Go to top/main menu Options > addons  and you will find  all your XML entries ready to be disabled.

7 minutes ago, dick said:

You can certainly unload them.

Go to top/main menu Options > addons  and you will find  all your XML entries ready to be disabled.

Thanks fro that, Dick. Will check later tonight. Good to know.

13 hours ago, vc10man said:

No,David. I thought I'd made that clear, I have not applied any Windows Updates after the one before this latest Fall Creators Update(I think ending in 788?) one that caused havoc.

I've done uninstalls/reinstalls with FSLA320 v2.0.1.215; gone back to 214. Not a sausage.

I just cannot believe that I had done 4-5 flights, including 2 with the 215 Update, and then read your heads-up on that KDEN v2, acquired that and all of a sudden I have no FSL A320 working, yet all my other add-ons, i.e PMDG 747,777,737NGX, A2A, MilViz, all work correctly. Now I am stuck with a very expensive add-on sat unusable. Andrew from FSL was supposed to do a TeamViewer sort out with me, but either he has forgotten or is tied up elsewhere.

Can I suggest that you "bump" the support ticket? (I'll look for it immediately after). In the meantime, also make doubly sure that you have followed our antivirus exclusion suggestions, because the screenshots show suspiciously like something's being blocked on your end by the antivirus.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thank you, Lefteris. It was good meeting you at your stand at FlightSim 2017 at RAF Cosford.

Great product. I always disable antivirus software when installing anything flightsim-related. What baffles me is that I made my last successful flight about 3-4 nights ago after updating to 215. Then, as per usual of keeping a record of what I install, so I can roll-back, the last activity on my sim was to install Flightbeam's KDEN v2.

Next, I went to Imaginesim's VIDP with an Air India repaint and lo and behold, I could not do anything from a C&D scenario. And that's where I am stuck----all I have is a dead aircraft.

I feel bad for posting about KDEN now Rick :blush:

37 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I feel bad for posting about KDEN now Rick :blush:

Don't, David. Not your fault. You just did the right spirited thing and gave us who had bought this airport from Flightbeam, a heads-up. And for all it may turn out, after I have submitted a ticket, may not be relevant. Not the end of the world. I'll get my FSL back, and if I have waited this long for a P3DV4 version, I'm sure I can wait a shade longer.

There's always the Majestic's Dash Q400-8, my A2As. and PMDG fleet to keep me busy.

Maybe related, maybe not (Still like to offer suggestions when one item is a similar item in my experience)

I've noticed with Flightbeam updates they are disassociating themselves with the couatl engine and moving their content to their own installer app.  After installing the updated KDEN, I noticed GSX and other menu items did not work.  It was suggested to run the GSX updater which seemed to resolved the issue for me (after running it twice).

Not sure if the FSL bus has any hooks or links to any of that scripting code, but I've seen many cases where updating something else that did not seem even remotely linked to the problem app either fixed it or give you another lead to follow.

I'd also suggest you change the oil in your car to see if that fixes the FSL Bus, but that may be a stretch. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 hours ago, Ebs said:

Blimey! Yeah, give it 20 mins to build the DB mate :) 

ditto

14ppkc-6.png