Erni49

RAASPRO causes P3D v3.4 to CTD since windows 10 update 2017-09

Since the 2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x-64 based Systems (KB4038788), P3D Academic v3.4.22.19868 ends in a CTD when loading a scenario, no matter which one. Message is Prepar3D exe has stopped working.

I had a temporary work-around by removing the update and stopping new windows updates.

Today I updated Windows 10, with the 1017-10 cumulative update, but still CTD. I switched off and on step by  step all  add-ons and ended with the conclusion, that RAASPro was causing P3D to end in a CTD. When switching off (<disabled>True</Disabled>) RAASPRO in the ..\Roaming\ DLL.xml, P3D starts perfect.

I am using the RAASPRO locked version delivered with Aerosoft Airbus A3xx and CRJ700/900, RAASPRO.dll is updated (when P3D was still working) to version 2.6.14.3 .

I just finished the Fall Creators Update for windows 10 to version 1709, but that did also not solve the problem with RAASPro.

Can anyone give me a solution to solve this bug in RAASPro/P3D/Windows?

I have 2 eventviewer report summaries (txt files), a) after CTD with W10 version 1703, with update 2017-10, and b after CTD with W10 version 1709, but  I am not able to attach these to this topic.

Best regards

Reinier Nieuwboer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dear Bryan,

No Office installed on this FS computer, only using NotePad. Thanks for your reply anyway. I am still testing, after the install of the Fall Creators update, P3dV3.4 stopped even after loading the default scenario. So I went back to the previous 1703 version, with the cum. update 2017-10 (KB4041676)  and also the 2017-09 (KB4038788). But it was a complete mess after going back. I repaired the P3D installs and got it back to work, except for RAASPRO.

Procedure is now loading the default scenario after start of P3D and then switching to my own scenario's with the AirbusA3xx or the CRJ700. This works for my add-ons, FSUIPC, LINDA, GSX, MyTraffic6.0a, STB and a some added airports, for the time being. The moment I enable RaasPro in the dll.xml P3D still crashes also in this procedure, when loading the default scenario. The same seems to happen when I enable the AS btstrp.dll, but I need to investigate that further next week, the RAASPro crash is not an incident it happens the moment I enable the dll.

I suggest you park my question for the time being. I will next week update my W10 Pro with the Fall Creators update, version 1709, and then a fresh install of P3D v3.4 with some add-ons and will probable completely switch to P3Dv4, that I have installed but without any add-ons.

I keep you informed. Thanks again for your reply.

I include below the RAASPRO.log txt, from the last P3Dv3.4 crash, when starting the default scenario.

Searching for Flight Simulator's Main Window...
Retrieving Flight Simulator's Path and Version...
It's a supported Flight Simulator...
Retrieving RAAS Pro version...
Reading the INITIALIZATION file...
Checking for updates...
Searching for SIMCONNECT.DLL...
The SIMCONNECT.DLL file has been FOUND!...
The SIMCONNECT.DLL has been LOADED SUCCESSFULLY!...
Attempting to connect to the Flight Simulator...
CONNECTED! to Flight Simulator...
Initializating RAAS system...
LOG EVENT -> Database directory: 
LOG EVENT -> D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 
LOG EVENT -> R4.CSV file found....
LOG EVENT -> SCHEMA.INI file found....
LOG EVENT -> Reading SCHEMA.INI file....
LOG EVENT -> DATABASE CONNECTED!....
Building sound sets list...
Sound set(s) FOUND!...
Building profiles list...
Openning DEFAULT profile...
Unloading PREVIOUS sounds set...
Loading CURRENT sounds set...
Sounds set LOADED SUCCESSFULLY!...
Initializating TOKEN variables...
Registering Custom Event Handler...
Creating profile font...
LOG EVENT -> Initialize COM....

Best regards

Reinier Nieuwboer

I have a similar problem to the one reported above. I have a secondary PC which I have formatted and reinstalled with Windows 10 Pro to version 1709 (latest). I have not installed any programs (or anti virus) whatsoever other than P3D v3.4 (latest version available) and the latest version of the Aerosoft Airbus including RAAS. P3D loads fine with all the default aircraft but as soon as I load any of the airbuses with RAAS enabled P3D crashes to the desktop. Disable RAAS or uninstall it and the Airbuses load fine and works as it should but with no RAAS. Checked the DLL.XML, etc, all entries are there all files are where they should be. Strangely when I updated my computer to Windows 10 version 1703 prior to the fill formatting, P3D started to give me problems loading up whereas before it was working fine. All simconnect files are there.

Any thoughts?.

Regards,

Christian Conesa.

1 hour ago, cconesa said:

I have a similar problem to the one reported above. I have a secondary PC which I have formatted and reinstalled with Windows 10 Pro to version 1709 (latest). I have not installed any programs (or anti virus) whatsoever other than P3D v3.4 (latest version available) and the latest version of the Aerosoft Airbus including RAAS. P3D loads fine with all the default aircraft but as soon as I load any of the airbuses with RAAS enabled P3D crashes to the desktop. Disable RAAS or uninstall it and the Airbuses load fine and works as it should but with no RAAS. Checked the DLL.XML, etc, all entries are there all files are where they should be. Strangely when I updated my computer to Windows 10 version 1703 prior to the fill formatting, P3D started to give me problems loading up whereas before it was working fine. All simconnect files are there.

Any thoughts?.

Regards,

Christian Conesa.

Try re-installing the 64 bit version of the Access Database engine.

You can download it direct from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920

I have RAASPRO working with WIN Pro 1709, and P3Dv4.1, with the AS CRJ700, this is with the 64 bit Acces Database.

However P3Dv3.4 is not working with the AS Airbus and RAASPro, we need to wait for the Microsoft update see last message from LM in their forum, http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126667&start=225, that should hopefully solve the problems.

Regards,

Reinier Nieuwboer

5 hours ago, Erni49 said:

I have RAASPRO working with WIN Pro 1709, and P3Dv4.1, with the AS CRJ700, this is with the 64 bit Acces Database.

However P3Dv3.4 is not working with the AS Airbus and RAASPro, we need to wait for the Microsoft update see last message from LM in their forum, http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126667&start=225, that should hopefully solve the problems.

Regards,

Reinier Nieuwboer

Same here, no problem with P3D v4.1 and the Aerosoft CRJ but P3D v3.4 and the Airbus in a separate computer is a no-no. Frustrating and infuriating. Will await this new Windows update to see if the problem is solved then... In the meantime, no RAAS for me. Thank you for your input.

Christian Conesa.