Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Aerosoft ENTC in P3Dv4 - be warned

Tonight's flight into Aerosoft Tromso didn't end that well after 4+ hours in the air...

Thought I made a really smooth landing but that sensation didn't last for more than a couple of seconds before I had the dreadful crash message in red in the upper left corner of the screen I luckily don't see very often.

I couldn't believe what just happened. So, after P3D reset itself and reloaded the flight where I was back at Bilbao where my flight started, I manually loaded a new flight starting at runway 19 at ENTC. Figured I would just take off and do a traffic pattern coming back into runway 19 for another landing attempt.

After starting the engines and configuring the NGX for takeoff I started the takeoff roll but didn't get any further than intersection E before I had the same kind of mysterious crash again.

Now that I at least learned it wasn't because of me I was crashing I went to Aerosoft's support forum where I found the below thread.

Unfortunately, the "solution" suggested by Aerosoft is to disable crash detection in P3D which I personally don't consider a solution for a payware airport scenery claimed as being P3Dv4 compatible.

Just wanted to warn anyone else about this and also ask if someone found a proper fix for this issue rather than disabling crash detection in P3D?

Here's the thread over at Aerosoft.

https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php%3F/topic/125037-entc-tromso-x-object-collision/&ved=0ahUKEwjv1aKO8ofXAhVBEpoKHSQoBZEQFghiMA4&usg=AOvVaw32b9h62dOKm8v0xA2osefD

Richard Åsberg

Aerosoft suggestion to disable crash detection is unfortunately too common, P3Dv4 or not.  You can try opening the AFCAD file with that scenery and check for yourself if there is a misplaced hidden object at that intersection (using ADE).  In some cases the crash involves a texture layering that is not where it should be.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thanks but I don't feel like manually fixing a payware product simply to be able to roll along the runway without crashing.

Instead I hope Jo (the developer) will release a proper fix and if not I have lots of other airports to enjoy without this issue.

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Aerosoft suggestion to disable crash detection is unfortunately too common, P3Dv4 or not.  You can try opening the AFCAD file with that scenery and check for yourself if there is a misplaced hidden object at that intersection (using ADE).  In some cases the crash involves a texture layering that is not where it should be.

I have P3D crash detection disabled permanently and no trouble at all in all of my flights to any airport.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 3

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

I have P3D crash detection disabled permanently and no trouble at all in all of my flights to any airport.

Same here.
Initially disabled due to my flying skills :biggrin:, later because of scenery conflicts and online flying.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

had  crash  disabled  ever  since i new  about it  since hate  it  when  a1  aircraft  or  trucks  run into you on the airport

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

indeed there are many reasons to disable crash detection.  too many bugs in the crash detection module provided by microsoft/lockheed to call it realistic.  Of course there might be a problem with the modeling of that airport, or it might just be an unavoidable development reality that causes it.  I've been running with crash detection off for years for many issues of this type, and crazy suicidal AI vehicle issues as well.  (I also don't own this airport, so Tromso was never my issue) There are two different types of simmers:  those who have crash detection turned off already, and those who will turn crash detection off at some point in the future.  :)

Wow!

Must say I'm amazed by this input where 100% of you are fine having to disable crash detection in order to successfully enjoy your simulator.

I have it disabled for other vehicles since I do all my flying online but I certainly don't have it disabled all together.

Having it like that you can never crash no matter how much you screw up and you'll never feel that tickling feeling the moment before touchdown where you hope you'll be OK. Nor will you be happy and proud of yourself when you made it down safely in really bad conditions.

To me this makes the simulator more like an arcade game where you just bounce back up in the air like magic no matter how hard you slam your aircraft into the ground.

Where's your pride guys 😉 and are you really saying you find it acceptable with a payware airport where you can't roll down the main (and in this case only) runway without crashing into an invisible wall in the middle of the runway?!

I've seen this once before at FlyTampa EKCH along a specific taxiway close to the terminals. IMO that is more acceptable due to the bad crash modeling but not being able to use the runway...come on guys 😁

Should also mention that FlyTampa addressed the issue above shortly after it was reported.

• Upvote 2

Richard Åsberg

You don’t need crash detection to know if you have screwed up or not......or at least you shouldn’t anyway. It’s pretty obvious to me.

• Upvote 5

Sure it's pretty obvious but still you'll be able to keep flying and come in for another attempt. Or will you be honest with yourself after you bounced up in the air and quit the flight manually?

Up to each and every one of course how they like it. Personally I guess I'm unique since I'll never disable crash detection all together.

Richard Åsberg

On the other hand, i'm surprised there's someone who doesn't disable crash detection right away =)

It would be interesting if it wasn't flawed as it is.

• Upvote 3

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I haved some crashs with unvisible layers of objects in some orbx sceneries too.

Remember a route between New Zeeland South to North where flying with a friend in duo aircrafts and we crashed on the same zone, same moment... 

The only solution to do this flight was diasabling the detection.

As a Samos scenery, one of versions is sold with a other added airport on the runway of this added was a invisible wall making me crashed too.

Perhaps some conditions of what is installed in scenery.cfg may cause the crashs.

After boring me a lot with so kind of crash, I disable the crash detection for ever.

When we do a bad landing, we know in ourself...  we have bad. No nessecery that the sim reload because lost of time.

• Upvote 1

Many of the payware add-ons (aircrafts) has a more advance "crash" detection than in the Default P3Dv4 and therefor they often recommend to disable the default inside P3Dv4.

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

As long as there is no sophisticated damage model and therefore also no technically mature crash system and the dumb AI the crash detection of FSX and P3D is more or less useless.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, GHarrall said:

You don’t need crash detection to know if you have screwed up or not......or at least you shouldn’t anyway. It’s pretty obvious to me.

Correct and the crash system isn't the best part of P3D regarding implementation to say the least ;-)

Just disabled and as soon they are going to implement a robust system till then I'm not interest at all...

André