Sign in to follow this  
racingmars

VC animations, sound stops after "Send Data To Flightsim" from Control Panel

Have the new Q400 Pro 64-bit installed in P3D v4.1. Running Windows 10 (no Fall Creators Update yet).

The plane loads okay, and everything is working -- that is, sounds are working, switches in the VC work, etc. So far so good.

Then I load up the pax and fuel using the MJC84 Control Panel. As soon as I click "Send Data To Flightsim", all animations in the VC stop working, and all sound stops working. But the switches and buttons still "work", in that when I click them, corresponding lights still reflect the status of the switches. For example, if I'm cold & dark, clicking the battery switch makes all of the correct indicators in the cockpit light up, even though the switch itself doesn't move position and there's no sound of the switch clicking (or any other sounds that normally come on when you get the plane going). I can click the various switches to see the warning lights light up or extinguish, but again, no sounds and the switch itself doesn't visually move positions.

Everything works perfectly right up until I send data from the Control Panel application, at which point all VC animations and sounds stop until next time I restart P3D. I've tried with the default startup state and cold and dark startup state.

Simple fix: unpause your sim. Seriously; when you send data from the MJC84CPAN to the sim, it pauses it!

• Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Simple fix: unpause your sim. Seriously; when you send data from the MJC84CPAN to the sim, it pauses it!

Oh--haha, yeah, that must be it. I remember that now from flying it in v3, but I must have too much info text turned off in my current v4 settings such that the sim doesn't actually say it's paused when it's paused.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1