Sign in to follow this  
sparkie66

GPU pegged at 99% p3d 4.1 no matter what

4 hours ago, sparkie66 said:

I also changed my main monitor back to a 1080p one

Something was off in your system configuration Sparkie. I am running a 4k monitor at 30hz on a 3770k with only a 3gb VRAM 780 gtx and my graphics settings are higher than yours. Sounds like you got it sorted with the reinstall of P3D. I also just installed the latest Nvidia drivers 2 days ago and they are working fine for me. Just wanted to let you know that you could probably retry the 4k monitor again after your reinstall of P3D. If you do change video drivers and/or monitor I would also delete both the P3D.cfg and shaders files to let them rebuild fresh as was suggested above.  

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thanks Ted, will try.

Im still investigating atm. Gpu usage is now normal (low even) with fps cap in p3d, but it stutters more.

I checked xp11 and that stutters more also. Im thinking maybe a w10 update changed something with their mandatory pushed update system.

Going back to 1080p isnt all that either, when you are used to 4k. Imho 4k is not a problem as long as you have vram enough. With 4k i hardly use aa where at 1080p i have to use 4 to 8x ssaa, which in my mind is near the same as 4k with little (2x msaa) aa.

But i stand to be corrected on that.

Maybe time to get a 1080ti, gi back to win7...or both..sigh.

-roland

Edit: i also removed my OC, didnt get a chance to test that yet.

-Roland

On 10/25/2017 at 3:44 AM, PepeBiondi said:

Also, 980Ti is an awesome card... on par with the 1070s.... Wouldn't use it for 4K, but still not the problem since he already stated he tied other resolutions too...

Yes the 980ti has much the same performance as a 1070 and works every well in 4K heck I used to run my old 770 card in 4K (with FSX maybe not P3D)!  My  980ti  GPU usage is typically 30 - 50 % with the usual high end addons more in heavy weather. 

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Last update:

I reflashed bios after random ide boot errors. Not sure if related.

Complete re install of w10 and sim

Put back 4k monitor for use with 30hz / vsync 

Installed 1080ti (1. tbh my 980ti ran nicely, albeit with some lower settings than the 1080ti. Before the problems began that is)

Smooth as butter again with ngx and ut live. (Not with fslabs a320. This one is too demanding and i hangared it) (2. Even DL seems ok now with 2x msaa (all i need in 4k)

Thanks for the help

Edited by sparkie66
additions see 1. and 2.

-Roland

Glad to hear you got it sorted and thanks for reporting back for the benefit of others.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4