Sign in to follow this  
Edmundo

Linda Not finding FSUIPC 5 files

Hi all.

I have just built a new PC with Prepar3D V4, Installed paid version FSUIPC 5 and installed Linda 2.9. Latest version, on set up Linda sees yokes and controllers all ok but Linda cant find FSUIPC files. They are all in the Modules folder but Linda set up still unable to see them.

Thank you in advance fro any help on this on

Dave 

For LINDA to work with P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5 you need to install LINDA 3.0.3.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi ScotFlieger.

Thank you for the reply. I have installed version 3.0.3 everything now green on Linda set up, VRInsight MCP2, SPEED, HDG, ALT and VS all working on MCP2 unit but not changing the settings on the PMDG 777 aircraft MCP.  When i select a knob on the MCP in Linda the only options I get from the dropdown list for the PMDG 777 are, PMDG 777-200LR User Functions/Edit User Module.  Or PMDG 777-200LR Module Functions/Edit Aircraft Modules,and System Functions/initvars.  Hope this makes sense to you.

Again many thanks for any help on this

Dave

All LINDA module functions apply to all variants of a particular aircraft. In the case of the PMDG 777, I have checked my installation and the MCP knobs work as expected.

If LINDA is SYNCed to the aircraft (orange box), you should be looking for the functions in the PMDG 777 Module Functions:

• PMDG AP SPD inc/incfast/dec/decfast
  • PMDG AP HDG inc/incfast/dec/decfast
  • PMDG AP ALT inc/incfast/dec/decfast
  • PMDG AP VS  inc/incfast/dec/decfast

The functions listing should look like this PMDG 777 Functions Assignment

If you don't see this then you need to check that the module is correctly installed in the correct \modules folder.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes Linda Syncs to the PMDG 777 (Orange box)

No I don't see the PMDG 777 Functions Assignments from the drop down box.

In Local disc (G) where Prepar3D v4 is installed, there is a Linda folder with aircrafts,data,libs,lua,system folders, and read me folder. 

Underneath Linda folder there is a  Linds-cfg, with aircrafts and system folders. Inside the aircrafts folder there is a FSX Default and PMDG 777-200 R.

Inside the FSX default folder there is. backup folder, config-hid.lua folder, config-hid-saitek.lua folder. config-mcp.default folder. config-mcp2.default folder. config-mcp2.lua folder. config-mcp2a.default folder and config-user.lua folder.

Inside the PMDG 777-200 R folder there is a backups folder, a config-hid.lua folder. config-mcp2.lua folder. and a config-user.lua folder.

In the Modules folder there is FSUIPC folders, Linda.exe. linda.lua. linda2. Ivars.lst. ipcReady.lua. Folders

In the Linda the folder there is aircrafts, data,libs, lua, and sysytem folders. Inside the aircrafts folder there is FSX default and PMDG 777-200 R.

Inside the FSX folder there is actions.lua folder.  FSX Default -mcp2- assign, folder. read me and.  user.lua folders.

Inside the PMDG 777-200 R folder there is actions.lua folder ident.lua folder.  PMDG777-200 R-Functions TXT document. folder. PMDG 777-200 R-mcp2-assign TXT document folder a read me folder. and user.lua folder.

The Linda-cfg folder holds two folders, aircrafts and sytem folder.

Inside the aircrafts folder is FSX Default and PMDG 777-200 R  folders.

Inside the FSX Default there is, backups folder. config-hid.lua folder. config-hid.saitek.lua folder. config-mcp.default folder. config-mcp2.default folder. config-mcp2.lua folder. config-mcp2a.default folder. and config-user.lua folder.

The PMDG 777-200 R folder contains a backups folder. a config-hid.lua folder. config-mcp2.lua folder. and a config-user.lua folder.

ScotFlieger, I am sorry about the long winded explanation, but its the best way for me to describe where everything is, I am hope full  you will be able to make sense of it. 

Many thanks in advance for any help on this.

Dave.

45 minutes ago, Edmundo said:

Hi ScotFlieger.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes Linda Syncs to the PMDG 777 (Orange box)   CORRECT

No I don't see the PMDG 777 Functions Assignments from the drop down box.

In Local disc (G) where Prepar3D v4 is installed, there is a Linda folder with aircrafts,data,libs,lua,system folders, and read me folder. CORRECT

Underneath Linda folder there is a  Linds-cfg, with aircrafts and system folders. Inside the aircrafts folder there is a FSX Default and PMDG 777-200 R.  CORRECT

Inside the FSX default folder there is. backup folder, config-hid.lua folder, config-hid-saitek.lua folder. config-mcp.default folder. config-mcp2.default folder. config-mcp2.lua folder. config-mcp2a.default folder and config-user.lua folder.  CORRECT

Inside the PMDG 777-200 R folder there is a backups folder, a config-hid.lua folder. config-mcp2.lua folder. and a config-user.lua folder. CORRECT - NO .DEFAULT FOLDER WERE INCLUDED IN DOWNLOAD

In the Modules folder there is FSUIPC folders, Linda.exe. linda.lua. linda2. Ivars.lst. ipcReady.lua. Folders  CORRECT

In the Linda the folder there is aircrafts, data,libs, lua, and sysytem folders. Inside the aircrafts folder there is FSX default and PMDG 777-200 R.  CORRECT

Inside the FSX folder there is actions.lua folder.  FSX Default -mcp2- assign, folder. read me and.  user.lua folders.  CORRECT-ISH

Inside the PMDG 777-200 R folder there is actions.lua folder ident.lua folder.  PMDG777-200 R-Functions TXT document. folder. PMDG 777-200 R-mcp2-assign TXT document folder a read me folder. and user.lua folder.  CORRECT

The Linda-cfg folder holds two folders, aircrafts and sytem folder.   CORRECT

Inside the aircrafts folder is FSX Default and PMDG 777-200 R  folders.    CORRECT

Inside the FSX Default there is, backups folder. config-hid.lua folder. config-hid.saitek.lua folder. config-mcp.default folder. config-mcp2.default folder. config-mcp2.lua folder. config-mcp2a.default folder. and config-user.lua folder.   CORRECT-ISH - FILES NOT FOLDERS EXCEPT BACKUPS

The PMDG 777-200 R folder contains a backups folder. a config-hid.lua folder. config-mcp2.lua folder. and a config-user.lua folder.   CORRECT-ISH - FILES NOT FOLDERS EXCEPT BACKUPS

ScotFlieger, I am sorry about the long winded explanation, but its the best way for me to describe where everything is, I am hope full  you will be able to make sense of it. 

Many thanks in advance for any help on this.

Dave.

Hi Dave

Please run through the Fault Diagnosis thread above and send me the fsuip5.log and linda2.log.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger

Please find below the entries made today.

********* FSUIPC5, Version 5.121b (2nd October 2017) by Pete Dowson *********

PLEASE DO NOT POST LOGS ON FORUM. IT MAKES READIN DIFFICULT

Edmundo

Please follow the thread and EMAIL me the files.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger. 

Thank you for your  reply,  I am unsure what you mean by follow the thread and email me the files ? Sorry to be a pain. Also what is your email address.

Many thanks 

Dave 

Hi  ScotFlieger

I have copied the contents of the Modules to a memory stick, let me know how much of this to email to you. Also please provide email.

Many thanks 

Dave

Have you followed the instructions in the separate pinned Fault Diagnosis thread above under LINDA Support? I need VERBOSE logging to to switched on before I can get any useful data to help you. For the moment I only need to see the FSUIPCX.INI and LINDA2.INI files. I don’t need the whole modules folder. 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/453538-linda-problem-and-fault-diagnosis-guidance-please-read/

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scotflieger.

I have renamed the PMDG 777-200 R, to PMDG 777 as suggested in Linda/Linda.cfg/aircrafts/modules folder and in the Prepar3D/Linda/Linda.cfg folders. The only controls that work the PMDG aircraft MCP/Efis. using the  VRInsight MCP2 are the Flight Director and the radio coms rotary and cabin light switch. All other controls not working.

Cheers

Dave

Can you see the full popup menu now? Looking at the config-mcp2.lua file your sent me, you are missing all the PMDG specific function assignments and have only the default ones. This is why your MCP is not working.

I strongly recommend you delete you download the latest PMDG 777 module which has the correct assignments pre-loaded. You will need to delete your config-mcp2.lua file so that LINDA correctly picks up the config-mcp2.default settings.

For future reference, it always best to install modules first and need copy any personal config-hid.lua files from your backup.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I am happy help but where do you normally download LINDA stuff? 

Goto LINDA Download sub-forum and search down for the one you want.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK