Sign in to follow this  
Mroberts95

P3D V4.1 Drivers

Hi guys. I recently upgraded to a 1080ti GPU

I had a 1080 before and me being stupid uninstalled the drivers that worked perfectly for that card and didnt even think to check if they were compatible.

Does anybody know what the best ones are for P3D? 

Im now on 388.00 cause of Destiny 2 but have no idea if they will cause more problems.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

I know you have heard it before, but drivers are not the same for everyone due to such a variety of system setups, but for what it's worth, I'm running 384.94 and have no reason to upgrade them.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

8 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

I know you have heard it before, but drivers are not the same for everyone due to such a variety of system setups, but for what it's worth, I'm running 384.94 and have no reason to upgrade them.

Ill have to take the time and download 10 different ones and test to see which one works the best

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Well, I would simply go for the newest one. If this runs ok and you are happy with the performance, why bothering? I would certainly not take the hassle to test 10 or more drivers. What for? Drivers usually not do wonders, means: as long as it is stable, keep it, there is no reason to change for the one or the other driver due to 1-5% performance difference, you will anyway never notice such a small difference inside your sim (20FPS plus 1-5% gives you 1FPS in the very best case...).

Just make sure that you clean your shaders folder after upgrading to a novel driver. It is not necessary but I always do it. And check if your nVidia control panel and your nVidia Profile Inspector still has the same settings, sometimes they are lost (e.g. the frame limiter is resetted to "off" after each driver upgrade).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just now, AnkH said:

Well, I would simply go for the newest one. If this runs ok and you are happy with the performance, why bothering? I would certainly not take the hassle to test 10 or more drivers. What for? Drivers usually not do wonders, means: as long as it is stable, keep it, there is no reason to change for the one or the other driver due to 1-5% performance difference, you will anyway never notice such a small difference inside your sim (20FPS plus 1-5% gives you 1FPS in the very best case...).

Just make sure that you clean your shaders folder after upgrading to a novel driver. It is not necessary but I always do it. And check if your nVidia control panel and your nVidia Profile Inspector still has the same settings, sometimes they are lost (e.g. the frame limiter is resetted to "off" after each driver upgrade).

Will try this. Ill also try reinstalling p3d and do a full removal first.

Ill also double check settings for the control panel.

If all else fails I have PUBG and Destiny 2 and wow to keep me busy.:cool:

Mark Roberts