Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

AI Flightplans vreating correctly

Hey!

I created an AI flightplan for the AlphaSIM Hawker Hunter.

Now two questions

1° How can I make that the aircraft is not flying just straight away, but so that it follows the direction as planned?

2° How can I turn off the white smoke that comes from the outer wing tips, which I expect to see only at high speed, and not already when the aircraft starts moving at departure and when it is taxiing towards the runway?

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

I've solved myself the first problem of the smoke coming out at the wingtips. It cab be switched off in the arcraft.cfg. But the second problem is still there, the plane just flies straight away without any heading modification. In my case it should go to west, whereas it is flying right the opposite way now to the east.

I don't see nothing which could be altered as to fly to the right directions...

Jive1 - Belgium

Have you checked if your AI plane actually arrives at the programmed airport according to it's flight plan ?

Hans

Hey!

Indeed, no, It does not arrive at destination airport.

I realise, in fact it is not ab AI aircraft, but I dismanteled it so that is becomes an AI aircraft, exception made for the settings in both aircraft.cfg and  air-file. I think that should work. However, will;should it work so?

What is actually the difference between a regular and a AI aircraft? Is there a difference in settings in aircraft.cfg and/or the air-file?

Jive1 - Belgium

Any flyable plane can be programmed as an AI version ..... but ..... even if done correctly, it will be taking a lot of frame rate killing ballast with it, e.g. panel and sound files, but worst of all, also a set of far too detailed textures. Furthermore, because you have "dismantled" a flyable plane and are using that as an AI plane, the results can be extremely unpredictable. Please also take into account that if the edited flight dynamics are no longer correct in combination with the plane's AIR file, the plane could even crash/disappear somewhere along it's flight planned route.

I would want to suggest that you use only purposely developed AI planes, together with their very specific and dedicated aircraft.cfg and AIR files.

Good luck.

Hans

The only difference between the FDE for an FS AI plane and a 'flyable' plane is one entry in the .air file:

Flyable: 105 *Aircraft Type=0

AI: 105 *Aircraft Type=2

Everything else is identical. You can delete the panel folder of course, that's not required for an AI aircraft.

OK,  but...

I've experimented with 4 different Hunter are-files that I found on the FS-internet, and they were all different; I mean they all gave different results. There was not one single of them that ended really at the destination airport, all showed some mistakes. I will have to try other air-files as well, till I find one that will be OK for this job.

Why did they all show different results? Can I modify something in aicraft.cfg and/or the air-file to have better results?

Jive1 - Belgium

Changing the .air files won't help and you should keep the original .air file for the best results. It's the flight plan which is at fault. There are plenty of ready-made military aircraft flightplans at: http://www.militaryaiworks.com/

I'd recommend that you search for and download a flightplan for the Hunter to use as an example, though there may be an existing flightplan on MAIW for what you need already.

Sorry,

Th flightplan is OK. I know for sure. The aircraft like I have now, with John's air-file, flies the plan, except when landing... Right before landing it dives down and it  just crashes into the ground a few miles before the runway.

Besides, a flightplan from MAIW is not what I want, I want , and i did, make an al flightplan that shows the route in Belgium, but the problem that I just told is interfering. I need a good air-file to fly my own flightplan;

Jive1 - Belgium

If the AI version of your flyable plane stalls and crashes, as predicted in my previous post, then there is quite obviously something very wrong with it's static geometry and/or weight and/or speed entries in it's aircraft.cfg file. A typical problem when flyable planes are used as AI and especially when it's aircraft.cfg entries are not very accurate in relation to it's related AIR file parameters..

In a flyable plane you as the pilot control all phases of flight yourself, including it's approach and landing speeds, even if such a plane would be difficult to handle. However, you cannot do anything like that for an AI version, where the SIM's AI-engine takes over completely and relies totally on input flight parameters taken directly from the plane's aircraft.cfg file. Any errors or inaccuracies found can then cause the types of problems as you describe.

Any AIR file for more or less the same type of plane, is obviously also important but for your very specific problems, certainly a lot less.

Over and out.

Hans