Sign in to follow this  
Desaix

Glad to see XPlane addons gain momentum

When I moved to XP10 three years ago there were hardly a new scenery or aircraft released a week, sometimes a month.

I know many don't agree because this is ruining the freeware community more and more tempted to get some reward from their work, but I'm so glad to see nowadays a new announcement each day. Look at the last two days for example, the ArrowIII by Just Flight, scenery of Riga by Just Sim, freeware Meigs Field, VSkyLabs update for DC3, A320 beta started,...good time indeed. Looking forward to the black monday sales...

And man, after looking at Meigs freeware by Aerobridge I understand why Orbx gave up with their scenery. No way you're gonna spend a cent with such a nice freeware around.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Desaix said:

I understand why Orbx gave up with their scenery. No way you're gonna spend a cent with such a nice freeware around.

Errrm according to the latest rumors they are not out, instead they are still in but they decided to be less noisy, so that their bosses can ignore each other.

• Upvote 2

once 11.1 gets stable, we should see a lot more planes showing up. Developeers just waiting, poinltless releasing a plane that might be broken in teh next beta release.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I'm a quite confident on the Dornier by Carenado, we need medium regional props, hoping it'll be optimized, my two other Carenados in XP10 almost killed my FPS.

Both quality and quantity of add ons have increased lately I would say. Bought the closed beta of the A320 and it feels really solid already. I would say there have been a tendency of releasing stuff that, even though often good, sometimes just isn't really finished yet. 

Had a really nice flight yesterday evening in the A320 where I went from a rainy ESNU to ESSA (X-enviro). Very immersive! The weather in ESNU was atrocious but it cleared upp nicely when approaching ESSA. Had a wonderfully scenic night landing on 19L. Everything just worked. No glitches, no hitches no low FPS. The Beta A320 was absolutely perfect. X-plane has come a long way.

• Upvote 4

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It looks like Xplaners will run out of cash sooner than later, Prestwick released, Custer with the whole area "Orbx-style" covered for imminent release at X-Aviation, Toronto Pearson and finally the announcement that IBlueYonder has started converting for XP11. Looking for news at FlightDeckX is now a daily pleasure.

Good times ahead for those with plenty of income... ;)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Desaix said:

Fun indeed that one of the most followed news site focused PR3D/FSX has right now 4 news over 6 dealing with XP11, that must tell something.

I was shocked that they were reporting anything XP. That sim news site is heavy P3D/FSX leaning.   

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

2 hours ago, strider1 said:

I was shocked that they were reporting anything XP. That sim news site is heavy P3D/FSX leaning.   

It was, until the former main (an practically only) author D'Andre needed to more or less retire from Airdailyx because of RL work.

The Idaho Falls Airport is fantastic!  Is there a way in X-Plane 11 to move from the plane to other areas of an airport to see the details created?  Is there a BOB equivalent for X-Plane 11?

Just now, GCNorth said:

The Idaho Falls Airport is fantastic!  Is there a way in X-Plane 11 to move from the plane to other areas of an airport to see the details created?  Is there a BOB equivalent for X-Plane 11?

Use the map view and drag your aircraft around.

Founder of X-Aviation

2 minutes ago, Cameron XA said:

Use the map view and drag your aircraft around.

Thanks, I'll have to try that.  But I suppose you're dragging the plane with you?